Bass tone not working?

Hi, sorry if this is common knowledge but after a quick search I can't find my problem on here.

Basically I add a custom bass tone to my cdlc and it doesn't come through in game (always default) 

I use emulated bass to test sync etc

It works fine for lead/rhythm but not bass :(

Would someone test this cdlc for me please, to see if it's just my side of things not picking it up http://customsforge.com/topic/22461-sort-of/

I want to sort this before I do any more.

Many thanks in advance.

Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue.

• Administrator

On emulated you always have a specific bass tone (which i belive integrate the actual pitch shift use to simulate the bass sound) so you'll never be able to hear the actual bass tone you use unless you play with a bass.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Administrator

Note that you can still test your tone if you have a pitch shift effect to be able to trick Rocksmith in thinking you are playing a bass with your guitar (it works the same as emulated does but it's not RS that does the emulation part).

You can also ask a bassist to try it out for you, i'm sure many people would be willing to help you (i can't unless it's in E std at the moment).

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Cheers folks, i've just started with CDLCs so just learning stuff at the moment.

Tron, cheers for the input, again, never touched tones before, so, again, i'll need to concentrate more on them as and when I get up to a better standard.

Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue.

• Administrator

Note that there's already an official song from the same band and album from which you can probably use the tone, might be way more efficient than creating a new one ;)

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

You can actually "test" the tone using a guitar.  If you save your desired tone using Tone Editor (while on Bass path) to 2, 3 or 4, then you can engage it during the song even on emulated bass.

It does not sound perfect, as it's an octave or two too high, but it does let you hear the basic sound of it and can help to gauge loudness levels, distortion levels etc.

• 6 years later...

Hi guys! I'm a "self made" guitarist/bass beginner's player on RS since several years now (even I only have one guitar and not bass) , and I challenged myself into trying to create CDLC (EOF+CF Builder).

As explained here, while creating a CDLC with bass track, I found that tone changes was not working at all, although all my efforts! 
I can't understand why, because all my tones were working when I load them "manually" in Tone Designer and affected to a number 2-4...

Thanks to this post I realized that it was caused by using "emulated bass"... 😞

I never was aware of this problem before and all the work on bass tones I missed in CDLC (but also in original DLC) ... 

I tried to use my guitar with an octaver I already had (Tomsline Octpus Polyphonic Octave), while deactivating "emulated bass" and then bass tone changes worked!! But the quality is really awful... surely because of this low quality octave pedal... 

I don't understand this choice of this deactivation by the software developpers...

Since 2015, do you known if there a (simple) workaround (patch?) to make RS working using "emulated bass" the same as all other tracks (lead, rythm) with the tone changes, for all people wanting to play bass with their guitar?  Or a way to define another default bass tone for the bass track ? 

Do you have any experience using octavers? I'm about to buy a better Polyphonic Octaver (an Electro-Harmonic Micro POG) with the hope of better sound quality... 

Or my only choice is to find/buy a real bass? 😉
Thanks for your tips or advices. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy