Support for _m.psarc files

AladdinSane

Hello, I'm a Mac user that uses the toolkit, etc. in Parallels, but plays RS in OSX. I'm wondering if you could either put a preference or also have it search/support _m.psarc files.

Thanks! Looks like a great tool.

Do you know what kind of HD format parallel's uses for the filesystem? FAT? NTFS? or one of the OS X ones? 

I use shared folder functionality that allows Parallels to mount an OSX folder as a network drive in Windows (ex. /Users/nick/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014 -> R:). When I right click it gives me PrlSF as the file system. I imagine that the Parallels toolset is doing a translation between NTFS and HFS+. Since my HFS+ partition is encrypted, Windows 7 would have no way of knowing what it is or how to write it, so something has to be "translating" between the two.

• 2 months later...

To use some of the functions you could  temporarily rename the files from p.psarc to m.psarc - a nice feature is the duplicate finder or renaming the files.

Anyone know any easy way to "batch rename" files on Mac? I've tested a couple on my Windows machine, by renaming them to _p.psarc instead of _m.psarc but when I tried to use the CFSM to "Edit" song info, it crashed.

• 1 year later...
  • Developer

For everyone who has been patiently waiting for a Mac version of CFSM, the time is now.  Thanks to the efforts of @@I)ark_Seph and @@Lovroman, CFSM now works on Mac OS with Wine. 

Download the latest CFSM Mac beta here.

If you are using CFSM on a PC and you would like to see the '_m.psarc' files, there's an option to do that now too.  Just enable the 'Mac Compatibility Mode' checkbox in the 'Settings' tab menu.

Download the latest CFSM PC beta here.

Would appreciate any feedback for the CFSM Mac beta.  Is this working or not?

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.