Tone engine crashing down even with official DLCs

justgimmethefunk

Question

Hello

In the last days I've noticed a problem I had never encountered before : the game's tone engine crashes down, even when I'm playing songs which I'm sure have a custom tone because they're either official DLCs or they were made by me.

The first songs are playing fine, then after 3 or 4 songs the engine fails to switch tones between songs.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you

(Click me)

** See my releases and WIP here **

Pink Floyd DLC list

Queen DLC list

The Beatles DLC list

6 answers to this question

@@justgimmethefunk, you played through 'guitar rig' at all? it fails if your CPU\sound card is slow and can't handle all the effects you've got for the tone. I believe save happens in RS if it fails for this or another reason or it's about thread safe thingy you'll get tone break, someone mentioned that replug RT cable will fix this, but I never tried.

OK so I tried to unplug my RT cable and plug it in again, it only made RS go crazy and erase all my stats & game history!! All songs went back to 0% and my next mission is to 'play one note correctly in a song'....hem

(Click me)

** See my releases and WIP here **

Pink Floyd DLC list

Queen DLC list

The Beatles DLC list

Sounds like there is something going on with your pc.  Yes, I have had tone failures even playing official songs but not very often at all.  Usually I get tone failures when I'm designing a tone and loading amps, pedals etc over and over.  Even then it's not very often.

I do know what you mean though,  You are just playing away some known CDLCs then all of a sudden it goes click and you get clean guitar until your restart them game.

But for it to be happening regularly makes me think that your pc needs a system restore...

Then the problem with unplug/plug the RS cable, I'm thinking definitely pc.  It's not something the game likes, but it should not crash and reset your profile.

Bad luck man :(

Get that pc cleaned.  System restore or even better clean install of Windows.

• Like 1