guitar pro 5

torkk

Question

22 answers to this question

That's because EOF doesn't support GPX (the format used in Guitar Pro 6) files. I used to recommend WebTabPlayer to convert it to GP5 format (something the free version of GP6 won't do), but that site has been broken for months now (it corrupts GP files). The development version of Tux Guitar supposedly can open and convert GPX files, but you'd have to compile it yourself since they haven't uploaded a binary for it in a long time.

Also I downloaded tuxguitar, so thats like Guitar Pro I take it. But it wont read the .gpx files either

Actually it can, but not with the version that is available for download.There's http://sourceforge.net/projects/tuxguitar-fork/ which has gpx plugin for download, not sure if it works.I'll try to compile whole TuxGuitar for Windows but I don't promise anything.edit: Here you go https://www.dropbox.com/s/zcwzmptqxgrp9om/tuxguitar-1.3-SNAPSHOT-windows-x86.r1104.zip but it apparently requires Java to be installed
  • Like 1

Looks like it's only available in Javascript or .NET, I wouldn't know where to start to try to integrate it with EOF.

can help with .NET if you need it, its not so difficult as C through

What would EOF use it for though? Leveraging either the GPX import of the tablature printing features would require EOF to translate between its own memory structures for an arrangement and those of guitarpro-printer, which I would expect would still be a big undertaking since EOF doesn't even store notes in a strict format based on measures.

header = io.read_int  # BCFZresult = []expected_length = io.read_intwhile result.size < expected_length  flag = io.read_bit  if flag == 1    word_size = io.read_bits(4)    offset = io.read_bits_reversed(word_size)    size = io.read_bits_reversed(word_size)    source_position = result.size - offset    to_read = [offset, size].min    result.concat result[source_position...source_position+to_read]  else    size = io.read_bits_reversed(2)    size.times {      result << io.read_byte    }    end end

@@raynebc

Short code to decompress .gpx files. In result, you'll find a xml file

• Like 1

Short code to decompress .gpx files. In result, you'll find a xml file

EOF's Rocksmith XML import code is well over a thousand lines of code. Thinking about how many more might have to be written for Guitar Pro 6's format makes my head hurt. Shrubbery posted a Windows build of the latest TuxGuitar source, and that works for converting GPX to GP5. That's the best solution for now.