CDLC disappears on Mac

Kiscsak98

Question

10 answers to this question

Sounds like you have a bad custom or one causing a conflict. Try removing all of your customs from the dlc folder, loading the game and quitting (let it enumerate the song list first), and then adding the customs back in small batches (5-6) until you find the one causing the problem.

Sounds like you have a bad custom or one causing a conflict. Try removing all of your customs from the dlc folder, loading the game and quitting (let it enumerate the song list first), and then adding the customs back in small batches (5-6) until you find the one causing the problem.

I'll try. Thank you.

Unfortunately it didn't work :/ 

(by the way, my friend is getting this problem, not me. I'm trying to find solutions) 

I don't think the problem is with the CDLCs. He sent me all his CDLCs and when I checked the library all of them appeared for me. Anything else that could cause the problem he gets?

Just to rule out some things...

Did you friend actually buy Cherub Rock?  (and not just download a pirated version)

Is Steam/Rocksmith installed in the default location?

How many customs are in their dlc folder?  And are any of them from torrents, or are they all from CF?

Just to rule out some things...

Did you friend actually buy Cherub Rock?  (and not just download a pirated version)

Is Steam/Rocksmith installed in the default location?

How many customs are in their dlc folder?  And are any of them from torrents, or are they all from CF?

Yes. He bought RS and cherub rock from steam and it is installed in the default location.

He has around 100 CDLCs in his DLC folder (all from CF, no pirated)

Changing the APP ID to "My Iron Lung" (which he also bought) helped for some CDLCs but didn't work for all. It's random.

@@Kiscsak98, that still sounds like a conflict to me.  At least that's been my experience in the past.  If you can let me know a few specific customs that won't work, I can try them out on my Mac.  Finding conflicting customs can be a bit difficult as the conflicts sometimes happen in a seemingly random way.  For instance, two individual customs may work fine on their own, but once they're both in the dlc folder at the same time they can cause a conflict with each other.

I mentioned this in another thread, but it might apply to your friend as well.  Some older customs that were created with a very old version of the toolkit don't always work on Mac.   Sometimes getting the charter to repack them with the latest version helps, or having them convert it on their end.

Also, there was a revision of the toolkit from a 3-4 weeks ago that was causing converted customs to crash on Mac.  I've been using version v2.6.1.0-406125e4 with no problems and haven't bothered updating to any of the newer versions released yet (I only use the toolkit to convert files and to extract tabs).

• Like 1

How many of them that don't work are your own customs?  Have you tried repacking them with a newer version of the toolkit?

The Muse songs all showed up for me, and were all playable.  That version of Come As You Are conflicts with the unplugged version that I have, as both won't show up in the game at the same time.

Not sure what could be causing the Muse songs to not show up for you, unless it's a similar issue as with CAYA.  I'll keep them in my dlc folder and check each time I start the game to see if they disappear.