Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 95

Mortalo

Just got back from Motley Crue and Alice Cooper, was a great show.

My buddy bought out a suite and took me, so yay on him.

So I'm going to front this next part with that I really think this is a great piece of satirical work, please read all of this as if I were joking or kidding. I'm not upset or angry about some comments on here, but I came up with this on the way home and nearly died of laughter, so I thought I'd share:

for those that are translating all of this: Think funny/ hilarious / amusing thoughts :) and please, remember to thank Google translate, or whatever translator you use. So that you can understand and read every singe one of my words, because I would suck at being able to translate any of this.

Pero en espanol, yo se espanol :)

...Oh what the hell, lets have some fun shall we?

Difficulty level is about 5, some songs rocked really hard, a good intermediate concert enthusiast's show.

The tab for the show was an 8, I really thought that Mick's solos were a bit off on Kickstart My Heart, as my air guitar wasn't properly registering with his notes. I also had a lot of trouble because he kept using a tremolo bar, and my bends wouldnt register into the oxygen of the air around it.

The sync was a 8, my headbanging was thrown off a couple of times, and I really thought that Home Sweet Home wasn't properly alligned with the lightshow waveforms on the rest of the stage.

The tone was an 8, I really think they got close to that signature Motley Crue sound, but I thought the balance on the vocals was a bit off, the real motley crue wouldnt have done this...(oh wait......)

#HateOnIt #ApparentlyImNotTakingTheseSeriously #MisuseOfHashtags

• Like 7

Many nice scores on all songs :)

Just got back from Motley Crue and Alice Cooper, was a great show.

My buddy bought out a suite and took me, so yay on him.

So I'm going to front this next part with that I really think this is a great piece of satirical work, please read all of this as if I were joking or kidding. I'm not upset or angry about some comments on here, but I came up with this on the way home and nearly died of laughter, so I thought I'd share:

for those that are translating all of this: Think funny/ hilarious / amusing thoughts :) and please, remember to thank Google translate, or whatever translator you use. So that you can understand and read every singe one of my words, because I would suck at being able to translate any of this.

Pero en espanol, yo se espanol :)

...Oh what the hell, lets have some fun shall we?

Difficulty level is about 5, some songs rocked really hard, a good intermediate concert enthusiast's show.

The tab for the show was an 8, I really thought that Mick's solos were a bit off on Kickstart My Heart, as my air guitar wasn't properly registering with his notes. I also had a lot of trouble because he kept using a tremolo bar, and my bends wouldnt register into the oxygen of the air around it.

The sync was a 8, my headbanging was thrown off a couple of times, and I really thought that Home Sweet Home wasn't properly alligned with the lightshow waveforms on the rest of the stage.

The tone was an 8, I really think they got close to that signature Motley Crue sound, but I thought the balance on the vocals was a bit off, the real motley crue wouldnt have done this...(oh wait......)

#HateOnIt #ApparentlyImNotTakingTheseSeriously #MisuseOfHashtags

You're damn lucky man :D 

Here in Argentina between september and november there will be a LOT of shows:

Mastodon/Gojira, Lamb of God, Faith No More, System of a Down, Slipknot, Sepultura (sorta), Muse, Blur, Pearl Jam, Cannibal Corpse/Testament, Turisas and well...R.I.P my wallet

• Like 1

9A7alLl.jpg

@@Nacholede grrr....System of adown isnt coming close to me at all. I Curse you and your awesome/possibly tropical location with my bipolar climate.

seriously, we have days where we go from -6.7 C to 21.1 C in the spring/fall

Well, i have to go, it's gonna be my first time in a SOAD show! but at the same time i want to go to Muse, Pearl Jam, Mastodon and the rest but the tickets are very expensive

And don't worry, here the climate is bipolar too, sometimes the days are cold, but suddenly we have a hot day :s

9A7alLl.jpg

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@ Sections is not pharses. In your cdlc is short phrases which generated by DDC, for normal work cdlc need or remove DD or use DDC with more length of phrases (not 2) an example 4 or 6.

DDC is generated with phrase lenghts 4, and NDD version is also available (the psarc version without DD in the name)

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

I checked the notes per sections: 55, 27, 47, 44, 22, 5, 47, 44, 89, 10, 9, 14, 20, 93, 55.

This one with only 5 seems to be a product created by DDC, so I will connect the sections 22+5, 10+9, 14+20 in guitar, also I will delete the first slide chord in all chorus parts like Latsch mentioned and in bass path the slide part one long tremolo slide and everyone should be happy. Anything else? Maybe I find a better bass tone....

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

@ Wasn't having a go at the quality of your custom, just venting some frustration over how difficult I was finding it ! Your work is excellent as ever :)

The first time I looked at the tab I honestly thought it was a bit easy for adv. lead - how wrong I was. Took multiple, multiple attempts but eventually I managed this:

http://i57.tinypic.com/rthqit.png

Think that's it for the week for me, doubt I'll get much more time to practice properly - and it's probably going to be the same for next week and the week after, so,

can a mod move me to Freebird class for the next while and I'll rejoin MC when I have more time.

• Like 5

I checked the notes per sections: 55, 27, 47, 44, 22, 5, 47, 44, 89, 10, 9, 14, 20, 93, 55.

This one with only 5 seems to be a product created by DDC, so I will connect the sections 22+5, 10+9, 14+20 in guitar, also I will delete the first slide chord in all chorus parts like Latsch mentioned and in bass path the slide part one long tremolo slide and everyone should be happy. Anything else? Maybe I find a better bass tone....

The main other thing I remember seeing was that one slide that starts at 15 on E pretty late in the song (measure 134 in the highest rated GP tab on UG, where it transitions between the last chorus and the outro). It currently goes down one fret (probably because slides where the next note is open get interpreted as one fret slides) when it should probably be an octave or something. Probably should be unpitched, too.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@albatross213 at measure 134 isn't any slide, and I never use any UG tabs, that's almost crap. Their ratings say nothing about the tab.

ah, I see, you mean this slide at measure 151. It's perfectly on the beat and unpitched is better here since it's a quick slide. If I add a pitched slide everyone would complain about getting misses here, unpitched is safer anyway.

• Like 1

Primus - The Antipop v.1.2 is finished.

Did some changes in guitar like Latsch said and bit more. Bass I changed this one slide to one long tremolo slide and small others, also changed the bass tone to a crisper one. In guitar also I connected those shorter sections, now every section has enough notes.

• Like 2

Primus - The Antipop v.1.2 is finished.

Did some changes in guitar like Latsch said and bit more. Bass I changed this one slide to one long tremolo slide and small others, also changed the bass tone to a crisper one. In guitar also I connected those shorter sections, now every section has enough notes.

Download links look like they're still the same - the files are labeled v1.1 and say they were last modified 4 days ago. Is it possible you forgot to move the files or change the download folder?

@@albatross213 you are right, I did just drag and drop like always, but they did not upload.... now I deleted the old versions and retried, now it works, on the upload now. Maybe my Dropbox is full??? Then I need to delete all the GP files there (about 1 or 2 GB)

• Like 2

Getting almost as good as my "cheating by not slapping and popping" attempts (best there was 99.26%. Not submitting that because I'm honorable at times.).

http://i.imgur.com/WSGTZFQ.jpg

Video will come when uploaded. Can definitely do better - during the outro I had 100%ed it in practice a couple of times (but not too many, as I don't want a huge f'in blister) by doing the pops first with index then with middle, but in the moment I couldn't get around to doing that couldn't get all of the pops.

Also, kind of surprised the only video of them playing this life is terribly shitty quality. Would be kind of nice to see exactly what Les Claypool's technique is for some parts of the song.

@ - The slide down before the outro still is a 1-fret pitched slide.

Video:

Also, at the beginning of the first verse my finger had somehow moved all the way to the first fret, so I had some really stupid misses there. And one or two in the intro. Can definitely do better, but I'm going to give my poppers a rest.

Edited by albatross213
  • Like 3

I didn't think I would get any better at this, but I have:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKczdhckdjNTdPSnc/view?usp=sharing

But it still feels like I'm playing a load of quick random notes.

I might get a chance to play it in the morning before I'm off for the weekend again… Hey, ho… onwards and upwards!

• Like 3

I really like the song, but I just haven't had as much time for practicing this week.  The one day I had a chance to dig into it was spent mostly in RR getting the mechanics of the ho/po rhythm down.  Once you get a feel for it, I find it's so much easier to play than the way the custom is charted.  It just doesn't feel nearly as fast and overwhelming for some reason.

I think someone mentioned it earlier already, but I feel that the tone is kind of over the top.  It's close to the original sound at its core, but there's just way too much distortion going on.  I tried tweaking it in tone designer briefly, but I wasn't really able to fix it (presumably because I'm just awful with tone designer).

One last thing that I only noticed in RR was that the section spanning the 12th to 19th fret seems a little out of sync at 50% speed.  I haven't had a chance to try sections past that in RR unfortunately, so I'm not sure if it's isolated to the one section or not.  I did practice the 12-8-12-8-11-11-12 part the same way a couple sections earlier though, and it seemed fine.

I'm not sure if it's actually out of sync or if the game is just not great at slowing stuff down that much.  It's also not something I notice at all at full speed, so it's probably good enough as is regardless.  It did make it tough to practice that section in game though.

Anyway, longer post than I was planning on writing.  Hopefully I can find enough time and motivation to dig into it again this weekend before the cutoff.  My best score attack results so far:

http://i.imgur.com/PasfR9e.jpg

• Like 5

well played @@albatross213 , can I use this for the record page?

I took out this annoying phaser, so if you dl it again it's without but same version

Scores with new version

http://up.picr.de/22877299lu.jpg

http://up.picr.de/22877303ql.jpg
  • Like 3

well played @@albatross213 , can I use this for the record page?

I took out this annoying phaser, so if you dl it again it's without but same version

Sure thing. Might be able to do a better one by the end of the week, but I might also want to do future playthroughs without video lag if/when I get into a bass battle.

Edit: well, there goes the if from that if/when!

Edited by albatross213

I try to look at Helsinki Jam tomorrow. I was sick the whole week and couldn't pick guitar and play, also I got shitton of stuff going on and couldn't even try to pick the guitar even if I really wanted to. The thing about Helsinki Jam is, the tone, which is a bit of problem for me, because I don't own a bass, and creating tone for bass without a bass might be slight problem :P I'll try to boost the treble and improve the fuzz and we'll see. About the sync issues. It might be correct, the song has been done long time ago and I didn't have the time to check it ever since. Also it's not a popular one, so it didn't have many complaints :P

Okay lads, hope i'll be able to update tomorrow. (day before the deadline, how dreadful of me -_- )

• Like 2

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

@@Palatsy Happy birthday! Only the greatest are born on 21st :D

• Like 3

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Adv bass update: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=503743149

Crammed in a RR hopo practice, I think I'm getting it :) I might be working tonight so this could be my last entry for the week :(

• Like 4

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony