Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 95

Mortalo

primus bass and helsinki jam bass

http://i58.tinypic.com/2wc01vs.png

http://i62.tinypic.com/2lvb5fa.png

didn't have time to try war pigs and i'm leaving for holidays, too bad (although not so bad, holidays are good)

anyway, see you guys soon! have fun!

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Was it a bad tab? It seemed pretty spot on to me. I agree that it would be better with chord arpegs, but you could say the same thing about a lot of songs we play in CS. I didn't have any of the tuning or registering problems anybody else had, either.

The tab isn't bad but very confusing with open strings as 0 (capo 3rd) and gripped notes as gripped plus the capo frets.

It's more easy to learn it outside of RS and then play it inside RS (and ignore the screen). If there were proper chordnames at least, better with shown arpeggios it would be readable, but like it is it's much harder in RS. If you want to learn this song it is absolutely not recommended to do it with this version. I also had no problems with recognition anyway. I would still offer to fix it.

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

We didn't played the dredd's version of War Pigs, I tried it (I tried also liquid's version) and didn't saw any recognition issues.

War Pigs is 8 minutes of metal classic, no way you can't love it :D

The Mmmm had that weird DD issues, of bars not showing on score screen, which with our terms of not leveled down bars, is hard to accept. Though I'll be happy to see some pics of it. I also did not had any recognition problems on it. So if someone want to fix it, I can bring it back on rhythm.

• Like 2

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Some first plays

Antipop Lead

Cool song, Primus is always cool with me.

Though i have some tiny improvements for the CDLC, atleast thats what im hearing from the guitar in the song and it differs with

the chart.

Slidey-thingy

This F# should be a quick slide down and then followed with the mute

AND

Slidey-thingy 2

The first of these 2 slides should be only slide and no picking of the A#5

The second slide of A5->A#5 is fine

These 2 bugged me a little bit. Again thats what im hearing, and i would play it (already play it) like that.

Cirice

This one surprised me! Holy shit, thats an awesome song. Love it!

cheerio-ho

• Like 4

Some first plays

Antipop Lead

Cool song, Primus is always cool with me.

Though i have some tiny improvements for the CDLC, atleast thats what im hearing from the guitar in the song and it differs with

the chart.

If you tell me what to fix I can take a look. I didn't hear any deviations on guitar. On bass there are some small variations I'm sure, but guitar was fine to me.

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

When it comes to detuning. I'm fairly ok with D. Though it's hard to me tell. Year ago I was able to change from E to Eb to D and back, every day. Since I replaced my machine heads, I'm not so crazy on that and this happens only when I'm selecting new week songs. Thanksfully I was able to get high quality guitar, which allows me to do that, so I never saw a problem with it.

We mostly play in E, so I wouldn't exaggerate here.

• Like 1

@@Gamut I agree, there have been a lot of 7+ minute songs in MC, but @@Mortalo is right, you would HAVE to play it in SA hard to get a proper score(Just see your first post, where you got 65% Mastery on 67% accuracy...even though the bars didnt show it, you definitely got leveled down somewhere.

That and when I cant crack 70% on 4 runs on a bunch of repeating chords, there be a recognition problem. 

And If you think its because I suck...well...I refer to these babies below me

• Like 1

Many nice scores on all songs :)

Slidey-thingy

This F# should be a quick slide down and then followed with the mute

AND

Slidey-thingy 2

The first of these 2 slides should be only slide and no picking of the A#5

The second slide of A5->A#5 is fine

These 2 bugged me a little bit. Again thats what im hearing, and i would play it (already play it) like that.

thats what i meant @ ;)

Hey...so since Lead and Rhythm are THE EXACT SAME CHART....can I just put my rhythm score in for both? because this will be weird trying to fight two battles on the same chart :/

http://oi57.tinypic.com/el6snq.jpg

http://oi59.tinypic.com/6s3yvp.jpg

I didnt feel any recognition issues(although I was tuned at about -15 thanks to my floyd rose bridge)
But there are definitely some timing issues in the solo, not too much of a biggie, the tab creator probably just threw it in and said "Bah, close enough" and it seems like the right notes, but not the right rhythm. 8 on Tab

I'll leave sync rating to the pros

Tone seemed pretty good on my end, I didnt want to change it and it wasnt too loud or too quiet 9

• Like 2

http://oi61.tinypic.com/oh8chi.jpg

C'mon man, I know you...and you preach about this sh*t about quality cdlc every week.
5 on the bass tab until thats fixed
N/A on the sync
2 on the tone, sounds very muddy, maybe give the treble up a few extra notches and lower the mid a few notches

• Like 1

Hey...so since Lead and Rhythm are THE EXACT SAME CHART....can I just put my rhythm score in for both? because this will be weird trying to fight two battles on the same chart :/

No.

Initially I wanted to go with Crazy Train, but it was similiar thing, but then well, with War Pigs I only played rhythm, so didn't knew that it is that way, especially since both available customs has same thing goin', so I felt that it is 2 separate guitars. So it looks like the 2nd guitar I heard was mine ( :lol: ).

I wanted something less Metal as a replacement, but other MC tracks we played had easier rhythm, so I ended with Ozzy, as I felt that it's just classic metal, and all love it.

Enough about War Pigs. No more changes this week.

• Like 2

Once you get over the weirdness of this song. It is not that hard.  Still need to RR the tapping part tho.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/The%20antipop%209527_zpsag5nb0ug.jpg

• Like 3

C'mon man @@then3verend you are complaining about one small part, which I play without or with 1-2 misses and you are levelling down the tab 5 steps. If you know a better solution just tell me. And I don't need to "preach" about quality, it's lot of work everytime I check them seriously. I also can leave it and just play. Actually I'm fixing the Mmmmm song to make it playable, so if you know a better solution just tell me and don't piss me man. I know you are playing other songs with bigger issues without saying a word. And the tone isn't that bad!

• Like 2

If you know a better solution just tell me.

Would doing a tremolo slide be the wrong shape? Or is it the same issue with Ktulu where that's not great because if you screw it up completely it's just one miss, rather than ~20?

The other idea I'd have would be to start it on the G string, do a little sliding down, then a descending chromatic run across the fretboard while keeping (roughly) the same hand position.

• Like 2

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@ I only say what I see/hear, so the fact I don't say something means I miss it. I have good hearing but I'm not great, which is why I started leaving sync off of my ratings, because I'm not good at determining that.

I do think that should be one tremolo slide, not individual notes, and I know thats a sonofablank to make and not have the song crash, but I know you're good at making cdlc, AND I know you're capable of doing that. Maybe I am a little harsh on my rating, but I see your stuff and I know what you're capable of, this is a very strange goof-up in a frippchen cdlc and I want you to know that.

I gave a recommendation on the fix to the tone, and I bet that would be a drastic difference, but I also bet our speakers are playing different tones too.

You dont have to like my criticism, I know you and I dont always see eye to eye on a lot of things, and thats okay.

5 is bad and 2 is shitty, you think so?

I can try to make a trem slide if I find time for it later, but 5?

edit-my speakers are studio monitors, sounding great, and I know the tones aren't perfect, but 2 is like no tone at all

I'm usually no fan of Ghost, but this song i really liked to both play and listen to.  Its going into the permanent favorite folder right away.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Cirice%209462_zps61trwfbe.jpg

• Like 1

Very little time to play this week, pretty flat out getting my masters thesis finished up. So far I've only managed to get Int Rhythm done:

http://i61.tinypic.com/250pg07.png

Hoping to get Int and Adv lead learned by weeks end, not too pushed on War Pigs to be honest but I'll give it a quick run though.

• Like 5

@@MaZtoR Please, beat my score, and more fast. i want to play this great tune, but not have not enough motivation. :) my second run was after a few hour in RR, so you can did it, use RR.

P.s I agree with then3 about chart such slide(tremolo), may be it is more right from point music notation (im not sure), but from point RS it is a lot disappointment to get  a lot miss in simple place.

P.s.2 Big thanks to @@Mortalo for maintenance this complicated week. bad charts, recognitions, tones, and other shit :)
  • Like 5