Newly created custom does not start

JamesPrestonUK

Question

Hi everyone,

I've created a new custom yesterday like this:

• Tab from Guitar Pro imported into GoPlayAlong
  • Sync'd and exported
  • XML imported into EoF
  • Sections copied from Guitar Pro tab (as they looked ok)
  • All music generated in WWise
  • psarc file created in RST

When I go to play the song in Rocksmith, the amps come down, the song title and artist appear and the note highway appears, but then after a few seconds the end screen appears.

I have tried regenerating it in RST and also repacking it in BPR but it's still doing the same thing.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what I've done wrong please? I've followed the same procedure as I followed for my other CDLCs so I'm all out of ideas.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions!

EDIT: all other customs work fine on my PC!

I chart BASS PARTS ONLY. Requests for guitar parts will be ignored. I hope that is clear. 

Twitter updates: @jamesprestonuk

Donations: https://paypal.me/jamesprestonuk?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB (thank you!)

6 answers to this question

Here are the files - please let me know if I've missed any:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ykku8zh0wf2t7ic/AABqOvCSS3iHQIvzNRLQ-mNba?dl=0

I chart BASS PARTS ONLY. Requests for guitar parts will be ignored. I hope that is clear. 

Donations: https://paypal.me/jamesprestonuk?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB (thank you!)

Repacked and it didn't work.

Unpacked everything and redid the WEM conversion and then the file worked. (using beta toolkit -0b75eabf)

In case you didn't know, the latest toolkit will run Wwise for you, no need to convert from wav to wem yourself anymore.  Try deleting your WEM files and let the toolkit do the conversion.

• Like 1

Also, there was 1 error message in EOF: No fret hand positions were defined.

This isn't a game breaker cause EOF will do it for you after you save.  But it's a good idea to do it yourself by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+F -> generate.  This way you can see the hand positions on the chart and adjust them to your liking.

Repacked and it didn't work.

Unpacked everything and redid the WEM conversion and then the file worked. (using beta toolkit -0b75eabf)

In case you didn't know, the latest toolkit will run Wwise for you, no need to convert from wav to wem yourself anymore.  Try deleting your WEM files and let the toolkit do the conversion.

That's great news - I didn't know that the toolkit now did that.

Many thanks for solving the problem for me and the tip about ctrl-shift-F.

Have a great day!

I had a similar issue once where wwise messed up the conversion and the song was cut off early and it took a while to figure out what the issue was. It seems the same thing happened here. Using the RS toolkit for conversions I haven't had that issue (yet) but if it ever happens again you know what to look for first. :)

• Like 1