save file corrupted, lost all my progress...this happened to anyone else?

chrisd1023

Question

A few days ago when I opened RS2014 I got the message "save file corrupted" and lost all progress, all the songs are still there but now every time I start RS I begin as a new player and have to go through the whole start up ordeal. Has this happened to anyone else and if so what's the fix? Any help is appreciated as this is driving me nuts. 

Which files do I need to backup to be safe? It happened to me on rs12 once and it stopped me from playing for a couple of months, don't want that happening again

Look at flameout101 first page post.

You should back up the file ending in prfldb.

For me I just dont care now really, I lost 420hs of playing, imagine how does it feels. I backed up yesterday and I have progression made on like 15 songs ha

Have somebody discovered other than foo fighter: bridge burning to corrupt save file? (so sad its good song)

Have played almost 3000 songs and have confirmed only this one to corrupt files. Tens of crashing files, tens of crashing "doubles"  tens of jams, almost hundred of dead tones, but only one save file corrupting. Not big problem if u make backups.

If u want list crashers, crashing "doubles", jammers, dead toners can do it... i think i should do it, ok i will do it (readed your minds) :)

• Like 1

I don't have that song but still had the crash. I thought it was related to "Queensryche - Revolution Calling" but I haven't had any issues since my last post and "Revolution" remains in my library and frequently played. One of the problems with isolating a cause is that I typically add 5-10 songs at a time.

On a side note, for those who have never experienced this bug, It happens when you exit the program. There is no warning and when you find out you have been affected it is already too late. Your files are already corrupted. Take a moment and make a backup, amigos.

Which files do I need to backup to be safe? It happened to me on rs12 once and it stopped me from playing for a couple of months, don't want that happening again

I should have kept my goddamned mouth shut. I accidentally deleted my profile while trying to select it in game.

I should have kept my goddamned mouth shut. I accidentally deleted my profile while trying to select it in game.

When selecting profiles if you hit supr button profile is deleted? Without confirmation?

When selecting profiles if you hit supr button profile is deleted? Without confirmation?

the delete and enter button are too close to each other, i had the pick already in my hand, my finger(s) slipped, pressed delete and immediately after enter.

I'm really happy that i can immediately set the dd to the highest level, so I have not stopped playing like when something similar happened to my profile in RS12

This has been happening to me for a few weeks now but doesnt really bother me too much as i always play on full difficulty but its a little annoying not been able to see my true previous best, and when i say happening its happening at least 3 times a week and sometimes more than once on the same day. I have 295 songs in my dlc folder so it could be the amount of songs.

This has been happening to me for a few weeks now but doesnt really bother me too much as i always play on full difficulty but its a little annoying not been able to see my true previous best, and when i say happening its happening at least 3 times a week and sometimes more than once on the same day. I have 295 songs in my dlc folder so it could be the amount of songs.

I have 903 customs.

I just created a new profile for the 3rd time. I'm so sick of this crap, I'm getting out of RS for a while.

Will go back old school, just the guitar and amp (which a friend will lend now cause I don't own one now ha). Bye guys.

• Like 1

If you're using Windows 7:

Right-click on Remote folder (with your RS saves) and try "restore previous version" (or sth like that, I don't have english windows). You should see previous versions of that folder. You can't restore it, but you can open the folder and copy your save file. It fortunately worked for me today.

And yes, I did not selected any restore thingy on my windows 7 (Technically I can't restore the file, but I can open it, see it, copy it's content - it works the same, so I don't know what's the difference).

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

If you're using Windows 7:

Right-click on Remote folder (with your RS saves) and try "restore previous version" (or sth like that, I don't have english windows). You should see previous versions of that folder. You can't restore it, but you can open the folder and copy your save file. It fortunately worked for me today.

And yes, I did not selected any restore thingy on my windows 7 (Technically I can't restore the file, but I can open it, see it, copy it's content - it works the same, so I don't know what's the difference).

I ´ve already tried that, it says that there are no previous versions available.

I do have system protection enabled for the drive where the file is, C:.

I guess Im screwed big time.

Rocksmith is a lot of fun and addictive for me but its good to go back to the basics, no computer, just a guitar and amp, doing scale runs and just playing whatever you want, jamming.

I developed a dependency for the computer to play guitar and also was playing a lot of time music created by others and just play what I'm told to. I has been a great journey but its ended for now, might come back in the future for sure, almost sure, dont know how long :P

The most important thing is that my skills have been greatly improved thanks to this amazing tool. Now its time to put all that doing my own music.

Bye guys, it´s been a pleasure

I ´ve already tried that, it says that there are no previous versions available.

I do have system protection enabled for the drive where the file is, C:.

I guess Im screwed big time.

Bad luck. I did not even hoped that I'll be able to do sth like that. It saved few days of getting where I was.

Be happy on new way of life :)

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

It has happened to me 3 times.  I have over a thousand hours played and several hundred customs in my file.  I am very concerned that this may be caused by only a few customs with issues, and I hope that it is not an actual calculated attack.  If it happens again, I am going to dump all of my customs and add them back very slowly (I tend to add 10+ at a time). I would truly hate to bail on using new customs but losing all of my progress may not be worth the frustration.

• Developer

You can post a link to your corrupted game save (localprofiles.json and *_prfldb) files here.

I have developed a new localprofiles (game save) repair tool.  Corrupted profiles and ~100% game save profiles are needed for testing.

You must post both files to be considered for repair/testing.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Falling in Reverse: The Drug in Me is You R

Foo Fighter: Bridge Burning  R            

Modest Mouse:Paper Thin Walls x

New Politics: Yeah Yeah Yeah R
Protest The Hero: Tilting Windmills  R
Simon and Garfunkel: The Sound of Silence R  
Warren Zevon: Werewolves Of London R

After played one of those your save file is corrupted. This is how most ruin their save files. It's possible that even keeping them in dlc folder ruins save file in random, but not sure of that. So check those in your dlc folder and remove.

Theese can be used as testing purposes also, later on its possible new file corrupter arrives, and wipes out massive amount of data without proper backups before noticed. 

For that reason its good to have properly tested save file fixer.

I had it happen to me a few times early in the year. Really sucks the first time it happens out of the blue. There are a few threads about it.

Now I copy and save my Steam>userdata>122967791>221680 folder every couple of plays so that if it crashes again I'll only lose a few hours.

I think a sticky with a warning and heads up about backing up 221680 would be great. I'd never heard of the problem until it happened to me. I was shocked and bummed.

Has anyone figured out how and why certain files do this? 

For the love of god, people, no bitching/whining/complaining. If you don't like something, either state it constructively...or keep it to yourself.

Has anyone figured out how and why certain files do this? 

Metallica: Creeping Death is now fixed 

"it was either screwed up  sections that get imported or slide hitting 22nd fret id say most likely sections ALWAYS create your own"

So that's good guess for charter, no general fix that will work 100% yet, hope someone manages to invent such.

Its critical to report for even suspected save file corrupters, so i can test and list them if they are real. So damages could be less.

I think that now there are no more save file corrupters than already listed in download list, but more will probably come... so pls report them here.

http://customsforge.com/topic/4863-list-of-crashers-jammers-dead-toners-and-misc-problems/

Falling in Reverse: The Drug in Me is You R

Foo Fighter: Bridge Burning  R            

Modest Mouse:Paper Thin Walls x

New Politics: Yeah Yeah Yeah R

Protest The Hero: Tilting Windmills  R

Simon and Garfunkel: The Sound of Silence R  

Warren Zevon: Werewolves Of London R

After played one of those your save file is corrupted. This is how most ruin their save files. It's possible that even keeping them in dlc folder ruins save file in random, but not sure of that. So check those in your dlc folder and remove.

Theese can be used as testing purposes also, later on its possible new file corrupter arrives, and wipes out massive amount of data without proper backups before noticed. 

For that reason its good to have properly tested save file fixer.

Bridge Burning by the Foo Fighters.  That's what's doing it.