save file corrupted, lost all my progress...this happened to anyone else?

chrisd1023

Question

A few days ago when I opened RS2014 I got the message "save file corrupted" and lost all progress, all the songs are still there but now every time I start RS I begin as a new player and have to go through the whole start up ordeal. Has this happened to anyone else and if so what's the fix? Any help is appreciated as this is driving me nuts. 

This actually happened to me once when i first got rocksmith for pc. I lost all my mastery and same thing happened when starting game. it would start me as a new player. I uninstalled the game and re installed it and the new player thing stoped after the first time but i lost everything. Since then it hasnt happened again. Thank god but Ive heard its been happening to some people lately on the rocksmith reddit page.

Any info on this would be great incase it happens again to one of us.

It's been happening to me as well beginning 5 days ago. I was lucky as I play on multiple computers so I copied the save file from an uncorrupted game and transferred it to the box with the blown save file. I have been backing up the game every so often as I go since then. I guess I will keep doing it while I wait for for someone smarter than me to diagnose and fix this problem.

BTW, your Win 7 save file location is: C:> Program Files(x86) > Steam > userdata > (your ID number) > 221680 > Remote

Copy the whole Remote file to backup.

• Like 4

Often Make A Backup Of Your Carreer Folder (Every 2 Mounths or So) Will Prevents This Kind Of Problem.

Sorry for you Guys, I don't Bring You Any Solution To Recover Your Lost Carreer but It Could Be Helpfull For Others Members Who Has Not Been Yet Affected.

Damn, that sucks...you have my condolences!

And thanks to flameout101 for listing the location of the save file... /runs to make a backup!

sleepy

Acoustic Guitar:  Seagull Maritime GT  Playing Since:  8/11/2011

Electric Guitar:  Epiphone Les Paul Jr.  Playing since:  9/25/2013

Bass Guitar:  Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Special  Playing Since:  2/17/2014

"The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you." --Bob Marley

This bug happened to me after installing a CDLC (something from Mercyful Fate..can't remember which one exactly).  After removing it and creating a new profile, the problem disappeared.  So, if you added any customs recently, try removing them.

My save file also corrupted today...

Feeling so sad right now :sad:

I just wonder if this is caused by the cdlc or i'm just being so unlucky.

Anyway, thanks for the tips.

Gonna try reinstalling RS2014, and make sure to backup the file in the future.

Hopefully this won't happen again.

Isn't there supposed to be a verify data integrity function in Steam? Would that help? Seems like this kind of info gets saved to the cloud too.

I had Rocksmith complain because I'd removed a custom that I'd favorited in the game -- it didn't like that at all.

• Like 1

It happened to me about 10 times in the last month. Never before that and I have been playing since November.

Ubisoft told me to turn off cloud sync in uplay options to prevent future issues. They also told me to get gamesave-manager.

You can just click once to back up your save and I think you can set it up to auto save your game once a day/week/month.

Its been 4 days and haven't lost my save yet. So not sure if the gamesave-manager will work nicely yet or not.

Since I have started over so many times lately I observed if I play only stuff I can get 100% on for the first few songs then it will level up all songs. If I start with things I can't play well it ends up taking forever and all songs seem to go up about 10% for each play no matter how well I know them.

• Like 1

yep having the problem quite offen lately, dont know why... I have made a little .bat file that makes a backup everytime I am done playing...

GB guitars "Performer" w. JB humbucker. Other guitars : Manne Design Ventura R, Epiphone Les paul std from 90ties, VHT tube amp 4x8" cab, Line POD Pro

My save file also corrupted today...

Feeling so sad right now :sad:

I just wonder if this is caused by the cdlc or i'm just being so unlucky.

Anyway, thanks for the tips.

Gonna try reinstalling RS2014, and make sure to backup the file in the future.

Hopefully this won't happen again.

I reinstalled RS in my laptop and that did not fix the issue.

The worst thing is that I was really dumb. First thing I did was to check if I can load my profile on the laptop. With that what I did was steam overwrite mi healthy local save with the damaged cloud save. How smart was that? ha

What I should have done was just copy the file without running rocksmith and paste it on my pc.

Isn't there supposed to be a verify data integrity function in Steam?

Well remembered about verifying local files. I think it fixed the problem.

Verifying integrity of game cache did not fix the issue for me.

Anyone knows if this also happened for people without customs? Maybe this is the price to pay for having hundreds of songs worth thousands of dollars if they were released by Ubisoft.

Just a thought but this profile save file was made to keep progress of just RS1 and RS2014 in game songs plus official dlcs, maybe when you have almost 700 custom songs profile just cant cope with it and blows.

I had this issue a few months back and was unable to get any help from multiple forums. I was eventually able to pin point the problem to a specific custom song, and was able to recreate the issue on multiple computers and profiles with this custom. Unfortunately the corrupted save was backed up and replaced the good save when I exited the game so Ubi and steam back up was useless. Since then I have added the save folder to a continuous back using acronis true image, which just keeps a folder of like 20 saves at any given time over a period of a week or so. Ever since removing the bad song though I haven't had any more issues. 

@@Sureshot What custom song was it?

We don't want that song in our dlc folder and this happening again. I'm still in mourning for all I have loss. Every time I open my new profile with no progression its like a kick in the balls.

Also if that song was from CS it would be good to communicate with the one who released it and analyze what does it have different from the other songs so this does not happen again. If the bug is detected tutorial on how to make customs could be updated so this bug can be avoided.

• Like 2

We don't want that song in our dlc folder and this happening again. I'm still in mourning for all I have loss. Every time I open my new profile with no progression its like a kick in the balls.

Also if that song was from CS it would be good to communicate with the one who released it and analyze what does it have different from the other songs so this does not happen again. If the bug is detected tutorial on how to make customs could be updated so this bug can be avoided.

It was "Bridge burning" by the foo fighters. To be honest I can't remember if I originally got it on SA or here, and I am not sure if it has been since updated or anything, but I can say with certainty that that song breaks the save file, at least for me. 

It was "Bridge burning" by the foo fighters. To be honest I can't remember if I originally got it on SA or here, and I am not sure if it has been since updated or anything, but I can say with certainty that that song breaks the save file, at least for me. 

I don't have that custom so there must be another one that causes this.

I'm curious. Is this saved game crash happening only to people with large numbers of customs in their DLC folder? What's the smallest number of CDLCs you've had when this has happened?

I'm also wondering why a specific custom would cause this crash. Were you trying to play the song when it happened? Had you recently played the song --  and was Rocksmith tracking it?

By tracking, I mean, for example: right now, Rocksmith keeps asking me to get a certain percentage on a custom I have loaded. I'm not actually playing this song and I'd meant to remove it from the DLC folder, but now I'm afraid to.)

It seems to me, if you haven't been actively playing a song lately, the only thing Rocksmith 'knows' about it is its album art and track info, and its preview audio.

I'm just asking questions here, maybe it'll help jog someone to an 'a ha!' moment. I'm coming up on the 200 hours mark, I'd hate to lose that progress.