Help with Slides

MVega

Question

Can someone explain to me how to notate slides in EOF?

All of the slides in the custom I'm working on are truncated -- they all start on the right fret and I can see the slide symbol (in Rocksmith) but the Rocksmith doesn't show the note it's supposed to slide TO.

Does this mean I'm supposed to add a second note after the slide note in EOF?

What I did:

- Place the note on the starting fret for the slide (Example: 6th fret)

- Use the ProGuitar menu to label that note as a slide and give the slide to fret (Example 8th fret)

So, what I am forgetting? Am I supposed to put a new note at the 8th fret?

10 answers to this question

This I can help you with.  If there's already a slide applied to the note, select it and hit control+shift+L and it will bring up a dialog box asking you for an end fret.  The slide will start 1/3 of the way through the sustain I believe.  If it's a complex slide then things get a little more...complex.

EDIT: If the note sustains for a bit after the slide you have to put a second note at the fret that has been slid to after the first one, select the first note (with the slide), hit N to bring up the note menu and click the linknext box.  That links te sustains of the 2 notes and makes the second note head invisible.

I can post a screen shot if this description is too confusing.

The 1/3 into the note is just a default timing applied to older style bend notes (ie. how they were authored in Rocksmith 1, with no tech notes to define specifically where the bend occurs). I believe slides start immediately, taking the right slope to end at the end of the note that has the slide technique. You can use linkNext status as cstewart suggests if you want to include some non sliding sustain before or after the slide part of the note.

I just checked out your custom and the slides look fine.  The one in the solo that starts on the 10th fret of the g string and sustains a bit before it slides down to the 8th fret is where you would use linknext to connect the two.  

As for the rest of the custom:  the sync is good, what few notes I was able to hit sounded good and it looks like it will be fun to play once I run it through riff repeater a billion times.  Overall a success I think.

It shouldn't be any more complicated than this:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/raynebc/fret24slide_zps334791a0.jpg

Just add sustain to the chord to reach until where you want the end of the slide to go, add downward slide status (ie. CTRL+Down arrow) and set the end fret position of the slide to be where the next note is being played.