Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 94

Mortalo

Thats quite old. They have now 3rd and 4th guitarist, But they dont play at the same time. Theres rotation between the two.

Now they have Mikio Fujioka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcP-HZPcLBA

And theres new member who just joined, and its ISAO. Who plays 8 string :P

And heres the band with performance and lyrics. For those wondering. But synopsis.

""In short: A 15 y.o. girl goes to the rock concert. It's a special night of the special age.""

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgiNc-dCTR8

• Like 2

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

@@fiddlesticks Good new score!

And I've tried today play some babymetal, I don't understand such kind of music. For me it sound more like cacophony... Really, at first I don't understand how we get such tricky chords in the tab, I tried to listen to the song multiple times and I really doesn't feel any difference between fancy chords and their simplified version (it is a distortion and moreover double distortion guitars, Carl!). But rocksmith is punising you for every note in them! And that solo (what I said?? solo???)... if I need to make a tab for this, I will go to the cemetery dig a grave, lay in it and die. How you can make a tab for a random note picking around a guitar? Oh sorry, it is not a fully random it moves from high string to bottom and back with moving hand position down-up-down, that's all! Even in youtube music video version they made a solo soo quite that somebody may not notices that there is one. But I know how to fix it, we should send a @@then3verend to their band, from the score it seems he can now play not random solo, but that what recorded in this tab -- I bet he sounds much better than this sloppy show-oriented band. I don't want to harm somebodys feeling, simply writing what I think.

There's not much I can say to change your opinions, but I would be very careful calling them sloppy, they might be show-orianted, mixing genres, etc. etc. but sloppy ? not at all... Their band consists of one of the best musicians I have ever seen live. But let's not get into fight over it. I'm replying to this in regard of the solo. It's fast, it's tricky, (so is Dragonforce) but it's not random :D

Here video, which is in different tuning, BUT the point remains the same.

Moving on from Headbanger, this is good video for y'all to watch. The Kami Band solo. Pretty amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgT8vPg3gZc

And I'm quite glad I got these 3. Don't have to defend my girls alone ! :D @@Nacholede is missing in the debate :P

@@TrbInTrbIn Holy sh*t dude thanks for that man...means a lot...

@@albatross213 saw me play it live today while I was drunk, so he can vouch whether or not I should xD

I might be a little *off* though if I have to watch those 3 girls dance around(yes, I think they are beautiful, hate on it).

And I've tried today play some babymetal, I don't understand such kind of music. For me it sound more like cacophony... 

It's a song about headbanging! I think the musicianship in the song adequately quantifies its essence.

@@TrbInTrbIn Hahaha, newbie teaching pro guitarist how play they solo. It look like someone played random notes insteed solo, and got dissapoint by sounds.

• Like 2

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

score update...

for my target and for 3rd atm...

i love that flute solo :)

http://i62.tinypic.com/34ffeib.jpg

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

BUT....

what is a flute solo without a solid guitar solo???

FTL MOFO

http://i62.tinypic.com/sgsggl.jpg

• Like 4

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Whoa, its is getting really hot here! And it is good or it will be very boring, right?

@@Shiroo thx for the videos, I've watched every of them, and @ -- yours too. I have no doubt that band consists of pros, but my point is that you can be virtouso guitar player but your music can be really boring, or became boring after 3-4 songs. What do I mean, look for example at Zakk Wylde: the first songs I've heard with him was Crazy Train and Mr. Crowley (classics, I think), I thought "what a guitar god!", then when I become more educated in this aspect I found that this solos were written and first performed by Randy Rhoads, and I started to looks for Zakks own compositions, stoped on his Black Label Society and realized that he on EVERY solo simply shredding with a wah pedal his pentatonics like a mad sometimes inserting a few transitions from his arsenal. Maybe it is ok for improvisation, but you have more time on recording a song! Let's go to Yngwie Malmsteen, the same thing: every thing he do sounds the same, first time you look him and say "guitar god!" but tenth time you look him you will say "How that differs from previous songs???". In a few words: some pro guitarists at some point stop moving forward and making their music unique, they stuck in fast speed shredding with some of their well learned scales, melodies, arpeggios and so on... Great solo is going into your head and your are imagine how it sounds. When I listen to some song I like, often before a solo I can stop music and continue to play in head some melody in a base of the next solo, not 100 percent accurate but I expect something. Sherding is saved for me like there will be a shreding that will go high low and so on and I remember some, I don't know how to say it, solouhete of it. My english skills seems to be limited in describing such things. My point: there should be some feeling, idea (how to name it?) behind a solo.

Returning to babies, headbanger solo lasts 7 seconds, 7 second solo in a as they say HEAVY METAL song! That's how I imagine this: "A: We need make a popular hit guys, so no solo, as average listener likes djenty riffs and screaming, Guitarist: plz, plz you can't do this. A: Ok..... so take this 7 seconds and do what you want!".  And maybe I'm stupid, but this solo saved in my mind like simple shred with no idea behind it. Solo isn't the showoff of your skills it should be the result of some idea or feeling on a song, and your skills should be considerd as a tool, or better say they should be your colors and brush if your are an artist! And we have already 4 videos with one below, find a solo in each of them, and compare... they are all different, but sounds like suiting this place. Why? that because this 4 are all meaningless shred that should fill that 7 second gap.

About the "Kami band instrumental": it is even not a song! It is another showoff of skill, nothing more. It is from the same row, when Kirk H. goes and starts crazy playing alone in beginning with hands, than with mouth and then with ass. It is funny, but it is NOT an instrumental song. And of course we hear there another shred.

Hahaha, newbie teaching pro guitarist how play they solo. It look like someone played random notes insteed solo, and got dissapoint by sounds.

I don't teach anybody, but points that it is another shred scale run. And I dissapointed on how it sounds in original too (I, of course, can't play it at all :))

woooh, Have reread all my long post... And made a decision to myself: the part lasts 7 seconds, it is short, so I will consider it a transition filler, not a solo. In that case it is OK to have in that place some shred....

And while I were writting this, it looks everybody congratulations @@fiddlesticks. Take my best wishes too, man! 

• Like 2

Rocksmith 2014 Championship
Leaderboards
Song selection
Class List
Rank

Signature stolen with minimal changes from @MaZtoR :)

@@fiddlesticks my best b-day wishes to the island from me :gift: . Nice age, cheers  :beer:

then I noticed some chords are strummed too often sometimes, but if you play along you won't notice. both paths 9 now

Could you clarify what chords you mean, so I can fix it. I'll improve the sync as well even though I never had any issues with that but I guess it can't hurt. I'll also finally fix the tab on "To Cry You Song" per your suggestions. :)

ähm, I thought so. I checked the song for syncing in eof.... and in eof always this chord was strummed 1x too often

http://up.picr.de/22809866an.png

then I looked at the tab, there it's ok, a bit circuitous but right

http://up.picr.de/22809867lq.png

finally I watched it in game and there it looks fine.

I'm not sure why eof shows 1 more strumming...

I did it this way: first I unpack the cdlc with TK, then I start eof and load the audio from unpacked files. Now I can import every instrument with RS-import. That's it. And for checking syncs I activate the claps and just listen. Here the claps are slightly behind the music. But now I'm not really sure if this is a proper way to check this  :mellow:

Anyway, the tabs are back to 10, nothing to improve  :plus1:

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

to get my 2 cents out too..

i more or less agree with @@TrbInTrbIn ( i hope i wrote that correct).

Solos like that are rubbish, but alot of Metal bands seem to do it and thats one reason why i started to dislike metal.

BUT there are some guys which can play fast and make it sound good (Petrucci, Guthrie etc etc) and BABYMETAL,

is sometimes one of them. Headbangerr is a exception sadly, take a look at Akatsuki of BABYMETAL @@TrbInTrbIn .

(Its a cover but it will do ) Solo starts @2:34

Showwise, i think thats just a cultural thing there in japan.

BABYMETAL is a great band, which writes great melodys/riffs but sometimes their solos suck because of all that

"i need to play fast"-Shit which is going on in the Metal-Genre.

cheers! and Happy Birthday @@fiddlesticks !

• Like 1

@@fiddlesticks Happy b-day, you can have your cake AND eat it too.
Look, I like Babymetal, I think their pop-infused metal is a unique style and it is very neat, and they remind me a lot of Orianthi.

BUT

I can easily see why people can not like them, Babymetal isn't for everyone.

AND

Here's a pretty bad solo for you...I WISH this was 7 seconds

• Like 3

Many nice scores on all songs :)

@@TrbInTrbIn

I believe you went a little bit far with your post. I can't say I don't agree with you with the point of the solos of other guitarists. That it should be feeling etc. etc. But there's one thing that is gamechanger, Babymetal is not a band which can be viewed with normal filters, with which you look on other bands. To simplify it, you cannot compare Babymetal with any other Rock/metal/heavymetal/etc.etc. band that's just not how it works. Most of the bands in Rock/metal area that were, and are being created are for the expression of the feelings through music. We are very used to that. But here comes the gamechanger -> Babymetal. They music work different and it is there mostly for you, the listener. The music is created to entertain you, to cheer you up, to uplift you. You can't simply judge them by normal standards, because they are not normal nor standard. It's something new in the genre of Metal / Rock, music which forces you to smile while you listen or watch. You did say they are show-based group. True, but who the fuck cares. Their fucking best hit is about fucking Chocolate. Do you care when you listen ? No. You're enjoying their happiness, the happiness in the music and that's the point. So who cares if there is 7s pointless solo ? If I am on a concert and something interesting happens during the solo and makes me smile ? Why not ? If it still makes me giggle, let it be 3s solo. Nobody's there to judge them, everybody just want some relax and ease from time to time. So why not 3 cute, jappanesse girls with proper metal band behind them.

Edit: Like @@Latsch said earlier. I don't think their solo abilities should be judged on the case of Headbanger. They have lots and lots of songs which have extraordinary solo's for me. And I believe short solo like the one in Headbanger are for live purposes. For choreography purposes. Or maybe it's just show off. I don't care really. They have songs that have millions of solos and they have songs which have none. But if you want to judge the solo's play 'Akatsuki' or 'Ijime, Dame, Zettai' or 'Road of Resistance'

PS: I'm advising to watch this to everyone :) This is one of the videos I'd like to keep bookmarked. It is very nice to watch. Everythings said there, from the point of view of a true metalhead. and the guy is the main editor of MetalHammer, which, I guess, you know what is.

• Like 2

@@then3verend

Please,please,please Video playthrough ! I want to put something in the thread :P All the videos are very outdated. :)

• Like 2

Solo starts @2:34

That is exactly how it should be done! And I agree @@Latsch, that it is hard now to find a band that soloing such way now always. Metal now is have a bunch of subgeners and so on, but I think all this labels, like we are "pop-metal-trashy-death band" and we are "djenty-neo classical-core band" is a stupidy! I never look at genre, the only thing we should to consider is sound, and I'm sure that you can find a bands you will really like even when they call themselfs 'Metal' ones.

Leaderboards
Song selection
Class List
Rank

And for checking syncs I activate the claps and just listen. Here the claps are slightly behind the music. But now I'm not really sure if this is a proper way to check this  :mellow:

Sometimes it seems like the claps aren't really in sync with what's in the EoF track, at least on my computer. This is especially noticeable when I'm at a 50% playback rate or slower, which is usually what I use along with a tight zoom to check syncs in more tricky sections of songs (in most places it's just using the spectrogram to monitor intensity peaks and/or drum beats. It's not millisecond perfect, but it gets you within about 10ms, which is usually more than good enough).

Anyway, the main goals of this week have been achieved for me. Might give master more a try soon.

http://i.imgur.com/aselUF2.jpg

I feel a lot more comfortable playing this now than when it was first released. I feel like I can actually play the chorus riff pretty cleanly now - might try recording myself playing it again soon and see whether it's actually better or it's just the Rocksmith effect. Sync seemed fine with me (lots of perfects where there aren't repeated notes), but I didn't check it super closely.

http://i.imgur.com/gpB7w7l.jpg

Not a ridiculously hard song, but I find the verse riff very hard to play cleanly. I pretty much never get the mute on the open D when doing the octave jump up from it. I'd say this is pretty close in "Rocksmith difficulty" to the Tull, but harder to play cleanly (and as I said above, the Tull isn't easy to play cleanly either!).

And happy birthday, @@fiddlesticks! Even if you don't have your guitar with you. And congrats on the promotion to MC!

Speaking of birthdays, mine's coming up on Wednesday. If you want to see what I have planned, check out the bottom of my sig. Fair warning, it's mostly metal, though there will be some motown coming your way (sorry Fripp if the links don't work) very shortly.

Edit: @@Latsch - the video of Akatsuki you posted is allowed in Germany but blocked in the US?! What is this madness?! Is this how you and Fripp always feel?

Edited by albatross213
  • Like 4

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

New week - no intermediate rhythm this week, but I gave good old Jethro Tull a quick try on rhythm anyway.

Bass

20533802772_58a2192199_z.jpg

Lead - I can't get my fingers around the solo to 100%. I am too slow

20516442246_53d0e40df4_z.jpg

Rythm

20355992569_5543e62da6_z.jpg

Take care!

• Like 4

Problems with Rocksmith registering? Don't bother - remember the wise words of Yngwie Malmsteen:

"Use your ears; If it sounds good, then it is good!"

Processing now, but heres the Link

EDIT: FUCK I FORGOT THAT RESTART

So, is it not blocked for you? Because it seems that most Babymetal on youtube gets blocked for me unless it's slowed or pitch-shifted or something. Since you uploaded, there should be a copyright panel if you go to the info and settings where it gives you a list of what countries it's blocked in.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

I have read everything you said about Babymetal. What i can say is...music is not for everyone. Most of us here has mixed opinions about some bands, or some genres. Babymetal is a band that has a lot of infame among metalheads just for combining J-Pop with Heavy/Power Metal, calling this little girls and their musicians a "product" or simply saying that they are horrible, and that is completely wrong. First of all, the musicians behind Babymetal are so fuckin' awesome! Even Marty Friedman said Babymetal 

And talking about guitarists, a common thing nowadays is the lack of innovation, some guitarist simply repeat the same formula because it works! and we don't ask them any more. But some are REALLY virtuosos like Steve Vai, Satriani, Petrucci, Tosin Abasi, Marty Friedman, that are really awesome guitar players. 

But now...just play the song and enjoy the music, if you don't like it, don't worry, like i said, this kind of music is not for everyone

• Like 7

9A7alLl.jpg

Okay got a fixed version on the way, took out the restart and moved audio half a step down and remixed the equalization balance(I do this all the time, I love it).

LINK

Everytime I see somebodys playthrough I start to want make an own one... But have the problem: in exclusive mode sounds isn't recorded and without it Rocksmith doesn't want to output sound (I don't know why??), plus my sound card drivers are not fully compatible with Win7, that causes weird ingame tones of guitar. And when I realize that I need to separately record a video, along with recording sound in GR, that extract music from CDLC and mix this 3 components, I become too lazy.

And thx for everybody doing playthroughs especially with filming themselfs, for me overcome nerves about somebodys watching how I play seems impossible.

• Like 1

Leaderboards
Song selection
Class List
Rank

And when I realize that I need to separately record a video, along with recording sound in GR, that extract music from CDLC and mix this 3 components, I become too lazy.

But if you use a recording software like Badicam or better Action Player you just have to set up the software, plug in a camera and press F9.

I'm using Action Player with my PS3 Camera on Win7, really comfortable.

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

But if you use a recording software like Badicam or better Action Player you just have to set up the software, plug in a camera and press F9.

I'm using Action Player with my PS3 Camera on Win7, really comfortable.

I've tried demo of fraps last time and It doesn't want to record any sound, also tried ASUS Gaming Evolved thing and it doesn't catch sound too... Will try Bandicam or Badicam?? and Action Player, but I have no hope really they will work with exclusive rocksmith mode.

Leaderboards
Song selection
Class List
Rank