Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 94

Mortalo

@@franfit listen to the track a few times and try practicing the bend without music until it sounds as close to the bends in the song. I find sight reading bends are too inaccurate when gauging the strength of the bend in the chart and it's better to train the ear and memorise the odd section here and there where I struggle. Hope that helps a bit :)

• Like 2

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

@@franfit listen to the track a few times and try practicing the bend without music until it sounds as close to the bends in the song. I find sight reading bends are too inaccurate when gauging the strength of the bend in the chart and it's better to train the ear and memorise the odd section here and there where I struggle. Hope that helps a bit :)

@@NoonyDeloony, thanks for the suggestion. I've never ventured off on my own like that, but it sounds like just what I need !

rock the zoo tomorrow!  :monkey_face:

• Like 1

@@2groggy Wrong link to Cross-Eyed Mary

Fixed, thanks

So there are limits to how far you're willing to push the rules!

It's best not to give a smartalec like me any ideas :P

Dear FreeBird police, I solemnly swear not to deliberately embed the wrong link in one of my posts, nope, never, hardly at all.

• Like 1

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

Cross-Eyed Mary on bass = 99.72%  - anything to avoid the difficulties of continuing the embarrassment of my guitar playing on Grounds for Divorce

• Like 7

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

:cop:  :cop: coming for @2groggy and all cheaters who play slides instead bends :lol:

• Like 6
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

:cop:  :cop: coming for @2groggy and all cheaters who play slides instead bends :lol:

Dammit!  I tried it...oops.. I mean I heard that a friend tried it (def. not me, nope) and it cut the number of misses in half in that first section.

In the second section, are people fingering the full barre chords and just plucking the desired strings or fingering as shown in the note highway?

Any help would be appreciated, because that song is a complete train wreck for me.  I haven't gotten any further than the second section.

• Like 2

Suffering today from a bit of a dose, although being a man I'm pretty sure it's actually super triple pneumonia  :(

Still, managed a few quick play through's.

Just enough to send @@TrbInTrbIn back for another go:

http://i61.tinypic.com/av31ok.png

And my first proper go at MC rhythm:

http://i57.tinypic.com/2wd57di.png

Not on top of my game at the minute, hopefully I'll be better by tomorrow.

@@2groggy for the second bend in the Grounds for Divorce riff I used my middle finger supported by the index to get the bend up to pitch.

For the chord section I used barre chords but didn't fret the root note until it was needed, the last two chords I used my thumb to get to the bass notes. Hope that helps somewhat.

• Like 6

Suffering today from a bit of a dose, although being a man I'm pretty sure it's actually super triple pneumonia  :(

Still, managed a few quick play through's.

Just enough to send @@TrbInTrbIn back for another go:

That's all your evil plan: the closer you go to 99% the more probability I will be thrown out to MC to neverending beast...

• Like 2

Rocksmith 2014 Championship
Leaderboards
Song selection
Class List
Rank

Signature stolen with minimal changes from @MaZtoR :)

@TrbInTrbIn 

3.2 You are then leveled automatically as follows:

• Guitar (lead or rhythm) - If you score => 97% 3 weeks in a row or one score over 99% qualifies you for the next class.

http://doramaland.org/images/smilies/as001.gif

And you not will lonely, with you leveled up @@solservo .

http://doramaland.org/images/smilies/as002.gif

• Like 5

@TrbInTrbIn 

3.2 You are then leveled automatically as follows:

• Guitar (lead or rhythm) - If you score => 97% 3 weeks in a row or one score over 99% qualifies you for the next class.

And you not will lonely, with you leveled up @@solservo .

I haven't noticed: I will be leveled up by that rule too already...

• Like 1

Rocksmith 2014 Championship
Leaderboards
Song selection
Class List
Rank

Signature stolen with minimal changes from @MaZtoR :)

Till now i didn't have seen @@genobadass profile picture. I'm right now on my pc and my Eyes are dying right now. Too much movement and inspiration in his beautiful profile picture, probably will cause some eye cancer. 

No like seriously, my eyes are hurting like crazy. I shouldn't have watched it for few minutes tho.. :see_no_evil:

There is some magic going on  :bow:  :bow:

• Like 2

@@2groggy for the second bend in the Grounds for Divorce riff I used my middle finger supported by the index to get the bend up to pitch.

For the chord section I used barre chords but didn't fret the root note until it was needed, the last two chords I used my thumb to get to the bass notes. Hope that helps somewhat.

On the bends at the start of GFD, are you playing the D-E^-D-B^-D-D riff all on the A string?  I've also tried two alternate fingerings (using the B on the E string, or using the open D and E on the D string).  I can't decide which sounds least unlike music.

About the thumb comment, are you finger picking?  Or do you mean plucking the low E using the thumb of the fretting hand.  Wait, don't answer that or @ might send the FreeBird police. :D

@@2groggy I played it exactly as tabbed in the cdlc. I think the best alternate fingering would be using the open and second fret of the D string along with the second fret A string, and just sliding up 1 fret instead of bending.

As for the thumb, I'm talking about fretting notes on the low E by curling the thumb over the top of the neck, can make life a little easier at times.

First 3 runs gave me a worse score than i had before, but then it started to rise.  This song makes the muscles in my arms burn, i guess i need to get rid of some unwanted tension when i play it.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Corpsecry%209329_zpsrgajqqvm.jpg

• Like 6

And i'm keeping up with the birthdays (i forgot Bruce's birthday, sorry master :c) 

But today, it would be the birthday of the best composer in South America, and i'm proud to say, from Argentina. Happy birthday, and rest in peace Gustavo Cerati! 

http://yaconic-site.yaconicsadecv.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Gustavo-cerati-4.jpg

• Like 4

9A7alLl.jpg

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

If someone needs a guitar only song for the SSL, here is one, even finished.

or do we have a pool for this?

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png