Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 94

Mortalo

Well, I'm back from the city and recovered. Fun times and good eats were had.

First of all, it's really cool to have one of my customs selected. Thanks @@MaZtoR for selecting it! 

I think by the time I made this one I was pretty good at making customs, so hopefully there's not anything too terrible in there. The likeliest issues are probably:

-Lead is missing a small part played over the last ~20 seconds of the song. I remember looking around for it in other tabs at the time but couldn't find anything - there might be something in live videos or guitar covers, but I'm not sure. If anyone could transcribe it that would be great, but it's also pretty hard to do as it isn't really high in the mix and there's lots of other stuff going on at that time.

-Tones probably aren't perfect fits. I think I just took early Sabbath tones and made minimal (not sure if anything beyond volume) changes. Any suggestions for other bass tones or improvements to the current ones will be appreciated!

-There might be some places where notes could be shifted around on the fretboard to make things more playable. It's also possible there are incorrect notes in places, or where better techniques can be used in the solo. If you spot any of those, let me know where in the song it happens and I'll fix it!

-I think the sync should be pretty good, but it's always possible there are places where it could be tighter. If there are any places you suspect the sync could be improved, let me know and I'll check them out.

-A guitar playthrough video would also be cool. While I don't mind having my bass playthroughs up on most of my songs, it probably makes more sense to have guitar playthroughs up.

Thanks, and I hope you guys enjoy playing the song! I might also do "A Sunset Song" from the same album eventually, but I think I remember being dissatisfied with the bass tab in the GP file when I started on it.

Second, I didn't realize tuning to D standard was such a problem, but based on @@then3verend and @@TrbInTrbIn (those are "i"s, I guess? Figured they were ell's until I tried to mention you!), it seems I was wrong. I'm especially impressed by the latter's efforts in converting the song to a different tuning!

I'm a little busy through tomorrow, but after that I should have more time for playing and updating. Will probably go for 100%-ing both the Tull and Sigh songs, and maybe doing master mode runthroughs of both (though both will be probably be pretty tricky for that).

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

More work on Grounds for Divorce... bass = 100%, lead = a big steaming pile.

Cross-Eyed Mary on bass is up to 98%

• Like 2

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

My try this week. Don't have much time though :P Going on festival this thursday.

so here we go:

PS: If I'm not wrong I should be a diehardman by now :P

http://i.imgur.com/6BK7oQO.jpg

• Like 4

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

@@2groggy Wrong link to Cross-Eyed Mary

Fixed, thanks

• Like 3

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

@Shiroo  :sweat_smile: I thiked this emoji :P   is naked ass, then look in base and undertood that this tongue

Yeah it's : (plus) P  : P   and it shouldn't look like that :D But Im too used to writing " : P " so i forgett that the final post look like bare asses all over the place :D

• Like 2

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

Let's be honest new emojis are terrible. Good that my :lol: face is still the same (best lol face ever).

• Like 4

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Update on Adv. paths

Slight improvement and platinum, so happy enough.

I'll probably give this a few more runs at some point to break the 99% barrier. Now for some Babymetal !

And I wanted to move to babymetal today... Now looks my plans gonna change.

• Like 3

Rocksmith 2014 Championship
Leaderboards
Song selection
Class List
Rank

Signature stolen with minimal changes from @MaZtoR :)

So there are limits to how far you're willing to push the rules!

I don't know what you mean :)

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Just beginner and advanced attempts for the now, I can't be arsed tuning to the custom tuning of Babymetal yet as I've only got one functioning bass atm as I'd accidentally left the active pickups switched on over the days I've not played :(. Hoping to scrape together some more time this week, last week was a bust with work getting in the way of EVERYTHING!

Going to the zoo tomoggers though for some fun with the kids... possibly rehome them while I'm there... just temporarily of course while I play a bit of Tull :)

Scores! Beginner: My mates... Elbow! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=497645031

My flautist twin, Jethro!  : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=497644938

• Like 10

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony