Albatross' Motown Playground

albatross213

Now that I got the original releases (one, two, three) out of the way, here's a few more. They definitely aren't motown, and probably aren't strictly soul, funk, or R&B, but I figured of the social groups this is probably the closest I've got.

The main things these probably need help with is tones (probably especially on guitar), but it's also possible that the tabs aren't perfect.

First is Runaway by Jamiroquai (links to .psarc and GP tab). Guitar probably needs a tone for the intro, then the rest of the song. Bass is really hard to play, but on my most recent attempt Rocksmith not detection was ridiculously forgiving and I got a 98%. The one before that was 94%, but even that probably overstates how comfortable I feel with this song.

Next is Billie Jean by Michael Jackson (.psarc, GP tab). There's already a version on here, but people were complaining about the sync, the main download link doesn't work (though other people have provided a backup), bridge looks wrong, there's no guitar, etc., so I figured I'd make my own version. On guitar, I could see it needing three tones (though maybe it only needs one or two): one for the chords, a second for the chorus and latter parts of the song, and a third that's a louder version of the second for when the guitar becomes more dominant at the end.

Any help would be appreciated! No big rush on finishing up either of these.

Edited by albatross213
  • Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Great stuff. I actually planned to do "Tears Of A Clown" as part of a Miracles 3-pack but I'll have to find a replacement now. I'll try to test these out soon.

Oh, uh, sorry about that. I hope it was still just in the early planning stages! Anyway, I'll be sure to do my best to do it justice for the release version!

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I was able to fix up You Keep Me Hangin' On, so if anyone could check that out that would be cool.

Also, since I now have all three songs I was planning on doing in a functional form, I'll probably try to release them soon, after touching up the charts somewhat. I'd like to add lyrics, but realistically I won't get that done soon, though I'll plan on doing it later.

Alright, now that I got the first three released and figured out a way to fix up You Keep Me Hangin' On, I figured I'd apply that fix to a couple other songs that I made around the same time but had the same problem with. Thus, in the topic post I now have links to Runaway by Jamiroquai and Billie Jean by Michael Jackson. Let me know how they turned out (and, uh, if we have any guitarists here it would be nice to make sure the guitar charts are good and get good tones).