Help! RS14 No audio output device detected. windows 10

dfieser

Question

i recently upgraded to windows 10 but now when i launch rocksmith an error message pops up saying: ERROR SOUND INITALIZATION No audio output device detected. please connect and enable an audio output device and restar Rocksmith 2014. i have checked and my audio devices are working but still rocksmith gives me this message. is this a common thing? can sombody fix it?

5 answers to this question

@Mention i think you're on to somthing but when i click the link it brings me to a page where i can just click a checkbox and hit next. when i do that it just starts over. can you inform me of what to do?

huh, not sure why the link is doing that. Try http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/ and then click  High Definition Audio Codecs (Software) should lead you to a page with a list of .exe's. 1st one is 32-bit w10 and 2nd one is 64-bit.

Edit:or just click the HDAC since it apparently linked it :P

• Like 1

I can confirm that the new realtek drivers, installed from their website and not directly by the windows update tool, worked after my sound stopped working for no apparent reason and i had the error message at startup.

Thanks for that

• Like 1