My tone in-game sounds bad

tompis

Question

Hey, 

It seems like everytime I start the game the guitar tone changes for the worse, I look at some playthrough videos and their tone sounds absolutely awesome but when I play the same songs it sounds like I'm using some super cheap amp for the junkyard or something. I have EMG 81/60. 

Are there any settings that can improve the tone? 

Thanks 

3 answers to this question

I've the same trouble and haven't found any solution, except 1) buy Y-splitter and play along with an amp or 2) play along with GuitarRig or other ampsim, but that requires ability of you soundcard to mix ASIO and windows sound.

Rocksmith 2014 Championship
Leaderboards
Song selection
Class List
Rank

Signature stolen with minimal changes from @MaZtoR :)

You can try turning the gain down on the cable in the windows sound settings, or (probably better) run through the in-game calibration routine, which would do the same thing and make sure the game can still recognize notes.  The signal coming into rocksmith might just be too loud causing it to sound bad when the tones are applied.  If it's only happening on some customs but not all, and not with official songs, just turning your volume down on the guitar itself may be enough.

If after turning the cable down, you have a hard time hearing yourself over the music, you can adjust the level of the game audio vs your own playing from the mixer in game.  While in a song, the mixer is right in the escape menu, but I don't remember where exactly it is if you're at the menu or in song selection.

• Like 1

I've the same trouble and haven't found any solution, except 1) buy Y-splitter and play along with an amp or 2) play along with GuitarRig or other ampsim, but that requires ability of you soundcard to mix ASIO and windows sound.

I play for a long time with a Y-Splitter, with a Guitar Multi-Effects Processor.

With a Realtek onboard soundchip, it's impossible to play Rocksmith with GuitarRig or other (unless using 2 laptops ^_^ )

Which Soundcard (USB for laptop) can mix Asio and Windows Sound (DirectX?),

One recording signal (RS Cable) for both applications?  

because both Rocksmith and ASIO take exclusivity on the soundchip's input, to reduce latency. 

Would it be possible to use 2 soundchips simultaneously?

One for Rocksmith (onboard), the external (USB) for Guitar Rig's ASIO,

using a Y-Splitter, and RS Output to the HIFI, and Guitar Rig's output to the Cabinet.

By the way, do specialized Soundcards render the Rocksmith tones in better quality ?