Cannot resume after pausing

JamesPrestonUK

Question

I'm working on my first custom - all seemed to be going well until I put in the RS phrases. I can't remember the exact error message when I saved my EOF file, but it was something about a count phrase being missing. I couldn't see how to create one, so I just played around with things until the message didn't come up when the file was saved. (By the way, I work in IT, and if anyone had come to me giving that as an explanation of their problem, I'd probably punch them!)

Anyway, I've generated the song and it loads into RS without any issues. However, if I pause the game, it will not resume. It just exits. Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong please?

Many thanks in advance.

I chart BASS PARTS ONLY. Requests for guitar parts will be ignored. I hope that is clear. 

Twitter updates: @jamesprestonuk

Donations: https://paypal.me/jamesprestonuk?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB (thank you!)

2 answers to this question

Don't know why it's freezing, but I can tell you why you got that COUNT error.

The program automatically creates a phrase called COUNT at the first beat marker (you can't see it in EOF, but it's written in the XML).  If you have another phrase name there, it can't create that COUNT phrase.

Assuming you gave yourself a fair amount (about 6 seconds) of leading silence, a solution to this is give yourself 4 empty beats.  That way your intro phrase is on beat 4, and your count phrase is on beat 1.  (4 empty beats is a suggestion, 8 beats is cool for really fast songs, 3 or 6 for songs in 3/4 time signature).  That will get rid of the COUNT error message.

Bad WEM files used to freeze while pausing but the latest beta toolkit will create the WEM file for you.

• Like 1

Many thanks - that explains it perfectly :-)

I chart BASS PARTS ONLY. Requests for guitar parts will be ignored. I hope that is clear. 

Twitter updates: @jamesprestonuk

Donations: https://paypal.me/jamesprestonuk?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB (thank you!)