Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 92

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

hahahahahaha...

there was no miss sign... whatever a 100 aint comin for free....

http://i60.tinypic.com/4kh16p.jpg

• Like 8

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@@feiffer Welcome! It looks like Advanced class get's some good competitors next week :)

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Decided to finish this week on old strings, cuz song needs to make a lot of crazy bends, turned saddles to the nearest to the headstock position (only managed to decrease error from 45 to 20-30 cents) and tuned e-string more sharp to get best results on high frets. And then after 2-3 hours of playing, I were close to desired result but always were missing some chord or some stupid easy note... The last attempt was next,, cuz it were already 1:00 am here, I retuned guitar and I played song and sign it in my mind and I can say that this trick helps to get rid of nerves... So that is the result:

http://storage1.static.itmages.ru/i/15/0731/h_1438380245_9641471_f0537e0316.png

http://storage2.static.itmages.ru/i/15/0731/h_1438380285_7714657_bb9a6a6393.png

PS: tried to play rhytm, get only 96 percent from the first try  :unsure: This one need to be learned...

• Like 6

Rocksmith 2014 Championship
Leaderboards
Song selection
Class List
Rank

Signature stolen with minimal changes from @MaZtoR :)

Love the Led Zeppelin this week:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/434947378298544107/63167CF4178040FC3BD6B0FDF742A561B8C09139/

Beginner song was pretty boring to play, good song though.  I never do well wtih these songs, where it's a just very few chords.  I had 85% but DD bumped me down on one part.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/434947378298570052/69EF344926EF4CF844336C154C898C902EB46546/ 

Wish I had the skills to play Call of Ktulu, I love that song.

• Like 6

Took a video, then did my usual "forget to take a screenshot" act. So here's a screenshot from the video:

http://i.imgur.com/Z64ouJh.png

A little surprised my best take came when recording a video, but whatever. Had a few stupid mistakes (most notably after the hammer-ons then slide, where I missed 3 notes in a pretty easy part), but not enough to make a difference in me winning. Might be able to get there with a bit more practice on the run that goes up to the 19th fret (or cheating and taking advantage of my C string). Also maybe figuring out a way to get a few more notes recognized during the bends (I might not have bent them enough this time).

With the octave chords late on in the song I strummed through them a few times when they came up as I had trouble registering them for some reason. Before this playthrough I realized that my treble knob was turned down, so that may have been causing some of that problem.

Difficulty for this is a little bit hard to judge. I think I said a 9 at first because I was shocked at how low my score was, but it's really probably more like an 8. Some of the riffs can get my hands in somewhat weird positions for a moment or two, but there's nothing in the song that's both fast and technical.

Also, kept trying to come up with ways for the bass plucking the bending string (define bends in EoF, either with or without tech notes, define bends in GP then import, sustain through to next note or shorter sustain, using different audio files, and combos thereof) and was unable to ever get anything to work (i.e get past the post-tuning screen in game) for some weird reason. Never had that problem with anything I made before, so I'm pretty confused. Sorry I couldn't help out, @@bernixix.

Lastly, the upload of the video's taking really long. I don't want to stay up for it, so I might try it again in the morning. Might have another few goes at the song then, but I'll probably try to take a closer look at rating each of the songs first.

Edit: Now with video

• Like 8

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Ktulu Bass

after 1st run I would rate dl 9, after 2nd dl 8

Tab and tones are great, both 10

sync 8, here it's the same than in rhythm and lead, all counting bars are shifted but the notes are good synced to audio

http://up.picr.de/22697682xx.jpg

• Like 3
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

got a new highscore of this, because it's so much fun and relaxing line :D

http://up.picr.de/22698761sg.jpg

• Like 6
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

@@Psymanski, @@Bentron, @@koffein Yes, I'm also looking forward how well will you do in Advanced :)

• Like 4

Alright, so my thoughts on the bass tracks for each song:

Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love (video)

Difficulty - pretty easy as there's only really one riff throughout the song. The only thing I have any trouble with is the transition between the muted and unmuted notes (which Rocksmith is usually quite generous with) and the octave chords that pop up on occasion. I'd give it a 2-3

Tab - not sure this is really a flaw but I don't think I ever got why some things are power chords while others aren't. Also one place where the mute was on the 7th fret rather than the open string. Pretty small quibbles, but a 9 seems fair.

Sync - Didn't check thoroughly (and didn't play through in score attack, so I didn't get some info from that), but I didn't really notice anything off. Seems a 9 at the worst.

Tone - Seemed to fit the song quite well and at a good volume. Probably a 9.

Rocky Dawuni - Download the Revolution (video)

Difficulty - A little bit hard to find the groove the first time through, but once that's done it's not too bad. Reasonable amount of hand shifting, but not into regions you should be too unfamiliar with, and not much other technical stuff. 4

Tab - I noticed a few parts that didn't have sustains some times and did have sustains on others. Also a few other times when we climbed the A string a bit and wasn't sure why we didn't just switch to the D. 9

Sync - As close to perfection as you can expect to get. 10

Tone - A great fit. Hard to distinguish from the original. 10

Edit: Regarding the tab, am I being an idiot, or is the rhythm at 0:37 and similar places wrong? I'm pretty sure I just hear straight eighths for the E 1-3-3 part (more like it is just after 1:00). @ - thoughts?

Blind Guardian - This Will Never End (video)

Difficulty - It's pretty much all packed into the intro riff and the outro riff. There are some other fast triplet descents that are a little tricky to get to sound good, but not too hard to get Rocksmith to be happy. 4-5

Tab - Seemed good, as far as I could tell. Rhythm seemed right most everywhere, as did the notes. Stuff on the A string in the outro riff might be hopo'd? Playing positions were fine. When listening to the track on its own maybe sounds like the bass is doing a bit more than tabbed, but this definitely gets the gist of it. Hard to give a precise score, but a 8 is probably a good compromise.

Sync - Also seemed great. Anywhere with notes that were spaced out enough I could get "perfects" on pretty much all of them if I gave a little silence between them. 10

Tones - As I said before, hard to judge on a song like this where the bass sort of gets buried with everything else in the mix. I'd say the bass in the song sounds a little less distorted than the tone used here, and some of the heaviness comes from EQing (from what I know of how people mix metal bass, usually the extreme highs and lows rolled off pretty severely, with mids [500-1khz or so?] dropped several dB). Probably a 7 or so.

Metallica - The Call of Ktulu

Difficulty - As I said after my last playthrough, this isn't too bad as far as difficulty goes for a MC song. I'd say an 8 now, but I could maybe even get talked down to a 7.

Tab - Amazing for the most part. Can't give it a 10 with something unplayable, but then again I haven't figured out how to fix it yet. 9

Sync - The sync thing (where measures in the song start on the second beat of each measure in the tab) is a little bit annoying, but I guess I find it less annoying than @ does. What bothers me more is that the sections still begin and end on the measures in the tab, so the sections in the song don't quite correspond with the sections in the tab. Not sure whether that should go in sync or tab, but whatever. 9

Tones - this is probably about as good as you can do without going to every beat where there's a wah roar and simulating a pedal press. 9

Edit: Oh, and I forgot, videos!

Edited by albatross213
  • Like 2

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Call of Ktulu

(Lead) v2.3

Tab 7(gave my reasons already with the second build up, solo/outtro missing some notes, hate on me all you want, done caring.)

Sync 8( this is more to say I felt the rhythm of some notes felt off(tapping outro to the solo)

Tone 10 I really like these tones.

Rhythm I really didn't get too hands on with, I do remember it being very well.

Bass

Tab 8(as albatross has tried to do, there's a better way to do those bending. 16th notes that isn't murder on the fingers)

Sync 9

Tone 9(cliffs signature sound is impossible to get, close but no cigar)

I'll probably take a break from this one for awhile, but I'll definitely be back to it someday

• Like 2

Many nice scores on all songs :)

My results for this awesome week:

Advanced Lead: 96.25 %

This was the only try without a strike... this solo is still far beyond in time (or something like that)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=492099866

Intermediate Rhythm: 99.92 %

I tried to compensate my lack of solo skill with trying to 100% the Rhythm part, but after many fails and two runs with only one miss... the time has come to give up, for now.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=492100186

Advanced Bass: 99.85 %

And some Bass :-)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=492099770

• Like 5

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

@@Psymanski You can't expect to score 100% and stay in your class :lol: We punish too good people throwing them on deeper waters :)

• Like 1

Edit: Regarding the tab, am I being an idiot, or is the rhythm at 0:37 and similar places wrong? I'm pretty sure I just hear straight eighths for the E 1-3-3 part (more like it is just after 1:00). @ - thoughts?

I know what you mean, and yes, the notes are all straight 8ths. The reason why they look a bit different is caused by syncing.

I sync my customs always with Go Playalong, and especially at this song I did it note by note... It's a typical reggae bass, playing the 8ths always a little bit late, and that's why it sounds sooo cool :D

here are some tab screenshots of those two spots

0:37

http://up.picr.de/22700114sk.png

1:00

http://up.picr.de/22700125sg.png

about the sustains, for me they all look perfect.

The other thing with A string up, of course there are various ways to play something, and when writing a tab I often have to decide for one, but if it's the best, who knows (but it's quite good). Maybe I didn't wanted it too easy :)

the Ktulu thing with the shifted beats doesn't disturb me much, just mentioned it and gave the reason why sync is levelled down. But it is caused by the tab. I saw this when reviewed it in GP, for any reason everything is shifted there 1/4, and of course all sections too.

• Like 2

gave Ktulu a run, despite not liking it ( i HAD to post some scores ;D)

Ktulu Lead

Cant say much about the fast solo part, but everything else seems solid.

Ktulu Rhythm

I have lots of random misses on the open Strings here, especially on that Cmaj7/A arpeggio  (tried with all my guitars)

and the Em-A#-C-whatever run (intro) which is played on the end of the song is completely out of sync.

I wanted to atleast get a 95% here, but that stuff made me not to even try.

Havent found anything else

cheers!

• Like 2

Well hey, Neverending News: your non-stop source for all news then3verend

I just opened up a Twitch stream, and I think sometimes I might practice on runs for Championship songs, so some people can see literally the blood sweat and tears it takes to make these scores.

Link below
How to Steal then3verend's scores and see how  you play these songs

• Like 6

Many nice scores on all songs :)