Intermediate:  @@Psymanski

Advanced:  @@supername
Masterclass:  @@Choaralaone

Congrats to all the winners.

@ saves the week with his video.

The songs for this week are:

Lead Path:

Beginner:  N/A
Intermediate: Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love (chosen by @@Angelina27 )
Advanced: Blind Guardian - This Will Never End (chosen @@Gamut )

Masterclass: Metallica - The Call of Ktulu (chosen @@bernixix )

Rhythm Path:

Beginner: Rocky Dawuni - Download The Revolution (chosen by @ )
Intermediate: Blind Guardian - This Will Never End
Advanced: N/A
Masterclass: Metallica - The Call of Ktulu

Bass Path:

Beginner:  Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
Intermediate: Rocky Dawuni - Download The Revolution
Advanced: Blind Guardian - This Will Never End
Masterclass: Metallica - The Call of Ktulu

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Honorable list Diehard Member:

Playing in their class 4 weeks in row, one pass allowed (not yet updated!)

P.s. I did not yet updated Championship Class Lists (I'll do it later this day, so stay tuned)

Have a great week!

• Like 6

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Whole Lotta Love seemes to me, when I played it, good for Intermediate on lead and quite easy on bass.

Call of Ktulu on lead is rather easy, except the solo, which has some quite tricky parts that seem like no Advanced member could handle. Bass has some moments but is rather straightforward. Rhythm shines though. Half of a song is arpeggios. They repeat, but still that's quite difficult I would say.

Blind Guardian is fun, has nice slow moments and solo seems rather simple while really fast.

• Like 4

I have looked at songs and noticed my lovely Blind Guardian on advanced, but I were playing INT.... But I've leveled up! Thx to @@Gamut for song choice!

Edit: And can somebody add some kind of legend in class list for all this "0 + - > < \ /" stuff? I don't understand what is + -?

Rocksmith 2014 Championship
Leaderboards
Song selection
Class List
Rank

Signature stolen with minimal changes from @MaZtoR :)

There is comment on Progress fields, which explains symbols (at CCL). "+" is used on songs that have lower difficulty rating then the class (like this weeks Advanced bass).

• Like 1

Blind Guardian, yeah! Until I listend to one of their live albums I didn't even know they are a german band.

Also until now I tried a couple of theirs songs and always gave up soon... so I'm curious what this week brings (hope it never ends) :-D

Hmm. just discovered this one uses the 23rd fret on the high e string... but I guess you could bend that up to that one note.

When I see stuff like that, I always wonder if it is a "mistake" in the chart, or if guitars with more than 22 frets are really that widely spread... Anyway, I think there should be an "intrument requiremend" entry for this sort of thing...

And... my "warmup" on Rhythm: 99.1 %,

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=488066975

Is it just me, or are there a "lot" of hammer-ons and pull-offs missing in both parts?

• Like 2

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Is it just me, or are there a "lot" of hammer-ons and pull-offs missing in both parts?

For me it looks like there is a huge amount of mising palmmutes on the 6th string and solo needs tremolo heavy. Now can play it at good level only on 85 percent speed, except solo, which speedy part is too hard for me: high frets are difficult to access with my guitar and my fingers will soon start bleeding from this bends, need much more training in RR.... And does you guys have such a problem: when you bend a string by a full-step it being bended looses sound (low sustain) very quickly?

Leaderboards
Song selection
Class List
Rank

About the sustain: It has always been this way for me, too! But I tend to think its a Rocksmith-problem. Rocksmith won't detect your signal below a certain threshold, while you would hear the sustain longer on a real amp.

• Like 1

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

There is comment on Progress fields, which explains symbols (at CCL). "+" is used on songs that have lower difficulty rating then the class (like this weeks Advanced bass).

ah, I didn't knew this, absolutely new  :D

I always wondered about those signs, now it makes sense

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

There is no song for beginner lead?

Not this week. There is a requirement for one guitar part, so it can be either lead or rhythm.

I'm excited though, I've played ktulu live before actually(my first live performance too), and a sweep would give me the coveted triple crown on Rodmans ranks I do believe.

Even if I don't sweep all I really need is a lead and rhythm win, but I've lost the last two weeks on bass.

so uhh, look out everyone

• Like 2

Many nice scores on all songs :)

About bends - I think that it's on our end :P Recently I started to hit those high e 13th fret full steps. At least I know that it is on my end and watching something like this (2 min 37 sec):

https://youtu.be/vmqFbOtiFqA?t=157

Maybe Rocksmith is not that bad at recognizing after all :D

About bends - I think that it's on our end :P Recently I started to hit those high e 13th fret full steps. At least I know that it is on my end and watching something like this (2 min 37 sec):

https://youtu.be/vmqFbOtiFqA?t=157

Maybe Rocksmith is not that bad at recognizing after all :D

But I am playing along with GuitarRig, and can clearly hear that note is sounding, but rocksmith often says I haven't picked anything at all. Will try to recalibrate.

Leaderboards
Song selection
Class List
Rank

@@TrbInTrbIn make sure to hit the right bend strenght for correct intonation, it's not so easy. Good to practice and check with a chromatic tuner. Try to improve your technics.

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

I've been working on Download This Revolution since it was posted in the Reggae area.  Having played it through 20 times gives me a head start.  But I' playing FreeBird anyway, so scores don't matter.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=488131010

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=488131032

• Like 3

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

Well....that intermediate rhythm is certainly a fast one. I hope we stick with it cause it seems like a really fun song to play. Although it's pretty fast there isn't much complexity to it so I think it's manageable.

http://i.imgur.com/sl7Kqb8.png

http://i.imgur.com/OhkO8fR.png

• Like 2
Gear:

Chapman ML-1, Blackstar HT1

My systems: 

Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 2666MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1333MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | Arch Linux

@@TrbInTrbIn make sure to hit the right bend strenght for correct intonation, it's not so easy. Good to practice and check with a chromatic tuner. Try to improve your technics.

When you bend not accurate Rocksmith shows that to you by showing note on screen higher or below the target, but in my case it simply shows nothing, like I'm not playing at all. Anyway I blame a low input in my case: after a while bended note sounds much quiter and Rocksmith stops thinking you are playing, even when hi-gain preset gives you sound. And of course training always needed to hear a bend size by ear. I'm practicing it by plucking note a one/two frets higher and than while I remember how it sounds I make a bend. Another way: find a bend target on higher string and play a bended note and normal at the same time, it is easy to hear wrong you or right. Thats a ways in case you are too lazy to turn on amp or Rocksmith :)

Leaderboards
Song selection
Class List
Rank

Bending on the high e string in higher frets is impossible for me, but it's a great score

I gotta say, the tab and the sync are excelent, the tones are a bit quiet but after all it's a great cdlc! 

http://i.imgur.com/dLRbWUJ.jpg

• Like 4

9A7alLl.jpg

When you bend not accurate Rocksmith shows that to you by showing note on screen higher or below the target, but in my case it simply shows nothing, like I'm not playing at all. Anyway I blame a low input in my case: after a while bended note sounds much quiter and Rocksmith stops thinking you are playing, even when hi-gain preset gives you sound. And of course training always needed to hear a bend size by ear. I'm practicing it by plucking note a one/two frets higher and than while I remember how it sounds I make a bend. Another way: find a bend target on higher string and play a bended note and normal at the same time, it is easy to hear wrong you or right. Thats a ways in case you are too lazy to turn on amp or Rocksmith :)

that's called unisono bend  ;)

with tuner it is more accurate than by ear but those methods are also good practice

cool reggae stuff, perfect tabs, nice tones and a good sync on both paths, all 10  :D

guitar is very easy, only shortened chord on upper 3 strings, dl 1 

I did one run on every path, all others are from testing the cdlc

http://up.picr.de/22638565ro.jpg

Bass is a very cool reggae bass line, just big fun and no stress  :) dl 4

http://up.picr.de/22638629mx.jpg
perfect custom
  • Like 7

Fun Fact: did you know, that Dave Mustaine wrote most of this song, but after he left Metallica, they changed how the chords were played. Dave Mustaine's original version then turned to become Hangar 18.http://s21.postimg.org/sc7mr984n/2015_07_25_00001.jpg

• Like 9

Many nice scores on all songs :)