cut the cord help

demonizer84

Question

hey guys i was hoping someone was going to do this song, but its not getting much love, so i thought id give it a go myself, iv only ever done  1 song before which went down quite well , and iv followed all steps to try and do this song, now i have the tab in guitar pro format and its perfect, yet when i put it into EoF it looks almost nothing like it, doesnt match whats being played and its nowhere near long enough theres about a 3rd missing, its driving me insane lol

ok enough is enough for me, iv done everything apart from the last parts, just need someone to look at the xml files, and have a quick nosey over it, thanks in advance  https://www.mediafire.com/?urxjnno64wbucnw

8 answers to this question

There's definitely not enough information in your post to determine what the problem is. It could be any number of things, really.

Is the beatmap in EoF out of sync with the music, or are the notes just wrong all together? Or both? Are you using the same time signature in EoF as the GP file uses?

The more detailed you can be about "all the steps" you followed, the easier it will be for us to help.

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

OMG if everyone had that attitude there would be no customs at all...

Making customs is extremely difficult to begin with, there is lots and lots and lots to learn.  Plenty of time and an abundance of patience is required.

EVERYONE has trouble with their first few customs.

Now, help is available but you need to ask specific questions, not post very general statements.

For a start, how's about posting pics of your EoF project?

Have you watched the tutorial vids?

Take a day or two to clear your head then come back with fresh enthusiasm, watch a tutorial vid or two then set about this project like you mean it.

Good luck :D

• Like 1

yes iv done everything, watched videos, read guides, scoured the internet, and posted in forums, and for no valid reason can i find that its not outputting the xml files, never had this trouble when i did my first one, and id expect to have troubles there in abundance.. 

cant see what taking pictures is going to achieve when the problem at hand is there are no xml files , cant really picture what isnt there lol,

now if theres something easily overlooked someone will say, oh try this, and i will be like, ohhhhhhhh gosh darn it silly me and away we go.

but if its not as simple as that, i have done all the hard work and zipped everything up into a download where someone with a bit more experience cn look at it and go, et voila you silly sausage you missed option X here you go.

There is an option in EoF preferences that you need to enable, think its called "Export Separate RS2 Files".

Then when you save the project in EoF it will create the XMLs that you are looking for.  Or maybe you have the save path set up as a different folder.  Whenever I start a new EoF project I always use the "Use Source Audio Location" option.  Maybe EoF is creating the XMLs but just dumping them in a place you don't expect.

Posting a screen grab of your EoF project will help determine an answer to your problem of the notes not being correct in relation to the music and may also help with why they seem to be missing 1/3rd of the notes.

• Like 2

just gone back, was deffo the export rs2 tick box, i had set all taht up but for some reason it had not saved my preferences, so yeh the song is complete, im going to upload now, but............ the tone is pretty bad lol, thats a whole nother level for me , and theres no sections or adaptive difficulty, but its not really a hard song to play anyways, so someone can edit to their hearts content to get it upto 100%

thanks for your input anyways.

one question sorta off topic, is there anyway to convert files to guitar pro tab, i have a song i want to custom but there is no go tab as far as i know .

Glad you got it sorted :D

As for tones, the toolkit can actually import tones direct from other customs.  So if you have a tone you like in a custom you have downloaded that you want to use, just use the Import button in the Tones sections of the toolkit and point it straight to the .psarc of the custom you want to borrow the tones from.

There are other methods to do tones, but that is by far the simplest and you can get excellent results.

On GP tabs, generally if there are no GP tabs then you are manually inputting the notes to EoF or making the GP file yourself.  Manually imputting the notes seems daunting at first, but it's a lot quicker than you might think once you start copy/pasting throughout.  Most songs repeat the same tabs a lot, so you only have to input them once then copy/paste away.

• Like 1