Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 91

My biggest problem with this version is this note run on the 15 near the beginning should be a slide

http://s8.postimg.org/fqo9xipfp/2015_07_23_00003.jpg

To be exact, this should be a plek-on-string slide (i dont know what its called, but i hope you know what i mean)  on the D-String, but i dont think you can tab that in RS.

cheers

• Like 2

@ Advanced Bassists whom are fortunate enough to play Tool

you gonna have to bump your gain to ~7-10 and play with a pick. Chords take a lot of noise to detect(from me anyways), I actually never had trouble with the chords at the end either :/

the middle chords always brought up pain and misery

I am only getting about 50% recognition on the end chords and I never have had a recognition issue with chords. This is the only custom I've encountered it this bad. Either way, Tool is fucking hard. Especially for us finger players. I can't pick worth a damn.

I can't really play right now, so whatevs...

• Like 1

Intermediate Lead - 96%, 82 streak

I played the previous version quite few times.

Advanced Rhythm - 82%, 58 streak

I truly don't know how it was rated 8. That's really difficult one.

• Like 2

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

To be exact, this should be a plek-on-string slide (i dont know what its called, but i hope you know what i mean)  on the D-String, but i dont think you can tab that in RS.

I think in some other things I've just seen those notated as dead notes, with the interpretation of how to do the pick-scrape up to the player (kind of like with whammy bar things). And wikipedia says they're called pick slides or pick scrapes for future reference (I didn't really know myself).

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

My biggest problem with this version is this note run on the 15 near the beginning should be a slide

http://s8.postimg.org/fqo9xipfp/2015_07_23_00003.jpg

To be exact, this should be a plek-on-string slide (i dont know what its called, but i hope you know what i mean) on the D-String, but i dont think you can tab that in RS.

cheers

My solution for such cases is a slide with dead notes. I also noticed this as the biggest issue in this song. Like Latsch aleady said, plec on string, just scratching downwards
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

back to cdlc rating

Anthem Lead:

the tab (7) is not bad but any issues to point out. Like @@then3verend and @@Latsch already said this slide after intro... needs another way, because the way it's tabbed any misses are sure, always. Then I saw any notes (over the whole song) that needs to be early notes, but they're always on the beats which gives another feeling of the song. Then in the solo is at least one phrase which should be corrected. I didn't check the shred part there, this would be too much. 

the sync (9) seems to be pretty good, the 9 is caused by the early notes that are not early in the custom.

the tones (9) are pretty suitable here

​@@bernixix for the solo section I can figure out how it should be if you still want to fix it. It would bring one more point for the tab, the slide also one more point if you find a good way. 

• Like 3
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

I've found why sometimes chords aren't recognized. In the part where there are 3 chords -> 2 chords with a small gap, if you are sliding between them even if you are sliding (not hard touching strings) extremly fast, it at some moment thinks you have missed all the chord by 1 fret, I'm now moving hand without touching strings (sometimes it sounds like half-frethand muted chords, but in that case Rocksmith isn't so strict). Also I'm playing this three and two chords with downpicking.

http://i72.fastpic.ru/big/2015/0725/f5/e48dcbd58ee6511c78395b423d8e43f5.png

Info: And 99.43 is 3 mistakes, 99.81 is one mistake, so we have a bunch of players with almost perfect result :)

• Like 6

Rocksmith 2014 Championship
Leaderboards
Song selection
Class List
Rank

Signature stolen with minimal changes from @MaZtoR :)

now the bass dl 9-10

tab 9

sync 9

tones 10

http://up.picr.de/22629646mm.jpg

• Like 2

(ugh, I gotta re-type this beast, welp, heres the abridged version)

These reflect my views based on the 3.0 version of Anthem, I am hereby too lazy to review V4.0

(LEAD)

TAB: 9.5 if the one slide gets fixed then this turns into a 10

Sync: 10 didnt have a problem with missing a note, and not at a skill to do a true sync test with the whole song

Tone: 10 timing was fixed between the clean and distorted tone, solo tone sounded great, nothing too loud or quiet on my end.

Difficulty 8 believe it or not I didnt think this was MC difficulty, the intro is easily repeatable and the solo isn't blisteringly painful. However, it does bring enough challenge to the table this week to satiate us MC players, but I expect more next week

(BASS)

TAB 10 on my test of the tab (playthrough 4) I didnt hear anything wrong. If there is anything wrong, then you have to tell Geddy Lee he is wrong....

Sync 9 On my sync tests, I did feel like the notes were about 10 ms early, which would have made me need to compensate if I needed to do a run for score. Other than that, good stuff

Tone 10: I liked this tone, it felt great for the song, and if a need a 70s bass tone for a cdlc......ima remember this tone

Difficulty 9 After a nice week off with Death Angel, the difficulty of Bass returns. When you cant get a score off in MC, you know you;ve done good

Feel free to agree or disagree with these ratings, this was my experience with the cdlc. This is definitely one I'll come back to again in the future and play(Prolly back to back with The Wicker Man).

I placed them in the cdlc sheet signed as (n3v)

Great choice @@Choaralaone

• Like 4

Many nice scores on all songs :)

Released Anthem Version 4.0! Read changes @ release notes for detailed info. Thanks for your help guys! This should be final version :D

Thanks! It's great to have a definitive version of a classic track!

P.S. I think I gave it the 1,000th download  ;). Do I win a prize?

P.P.S. I did some RR and was going to run yesterday, but I felt like things were running a little bit fast for some reason, and... I timed the song including the leading silence through the end when it switched out of the song and it was 4:24, not 4:30 as stated in the CDLC. So hopefully my computer decides to run it at the appropriate speed tonight or tomorrow morning, because that few percent makes it a lot harder. I've got the bass part under the solo pretty much down now, though some of the transitions are still a bit iffy and might lead me to miss a couple of notes. And some parts of the verses are tricky, too (and sometimes I screw up the intro. That I can always just restart, though).

Edited by albatross213
  • Like 4

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Got a few minutes to play when the soon the be wife showers.  It seems the adrenaline rush you get from getting married in a few hours help with finger speed.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Underwear%209812_zpsjziipnaw.jpg

And that was my last update as an unmarried man.  

• Like 11