Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 91

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

EDIT: I love you guys here, I hope you all know that

???????

@@Shiroo - congrats Mr. adv. lead guitarist ;)

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

EDIT: I love you guys here, I hope you all know that

???????

@@Shiroo - congrats Mr. adv. lead guitarist ;)

Haha how so ? :D I got lucky this week. I didn't make a video because I think even my final playthrough sounded like shit :D

there's no 2.1, you already uploaded it?

Sorry my dropbox wasn't working. It's there now.

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

Big improvement on the customs tab/tones (rhm)

thanks @@Shiroo

new ratings now for Underwear:

Lead

tab 10, tones 7-8 (nothing changed here)

http://up.picr.de/22614961vg.jpg

rhythm

tab 10, tones 9 (the clean tone fits well)

http://up.picr.de/22615032bj.jpg

bass

tab 9, tones 9

http://up.picr.de/22615047im.jpg

my scores are not all improved, but this were testruns with the new version, more fun now :)

big quality upgrade anyway

maybe someone can check for sync?

• Like 7
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Big improvement on the customs tab/tones (rhm)

tanks @@Shiroo

new ratings now for Underwear:

Lead

tab 10, tones 7-8 (nothing changed here)

rhythm

tab 10, tones 9 (the clean tone fits well)

bass

tab 9, tones 9

my scores are not all improved, but this were testruns with the new version, more fun now :)

big quality upgrade anyway

maybe someone can check for sync?

Thanks for the feedback. I have no idea why the autotone didn't work for Lead. But here's the fix.

UNDERWEAR 2_2

I tested all the arrangements. It should be final now.

• Like 3

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

So I was off for shoulder surgery for 6 weeks, and coming back to play is bittersweet, because I suck a lot more than I used to, and I can only play a song or two before finishing, so I've dropped myself back down to the beginner class.  Here's my song for this week. :)

Bass path:

Marilyn Manson - 91% - http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/631978974670757435/DDCFD0CCC526EC18E22C33854312B2FEA3890A8C/

• Like 9

one try adv lead, yeah - one great song!!!

http://i59.tinypic.com/10rk5es.jpg

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Right.  I'm getting really pissed off with this song now.

Tool - bass.  I can't get any of the chords at the end of the song to register.  I can get (some of  ;) ) the chords in the middle of the song to register.  But the ones at the end - they won't even register in RR at slow speed.

What's going on?

• Like 2

@@missis sumner, @: I'm not sure exactly what causes it, but I know @@then3verend must have had some success with it, as I think he scored ~98% on it back when we played it in MC before setting it aside for later. I also had no luck on the chords, whether with fingering or a pick.

Anyway, here are some ideas of things to try:

-Play around with tuning, with exactly how many cents you are from on tune. It's three octaves with nothing else, so it's possible that Rocksmith doesn't detect some of the higher notes either because i) it doesn't see the note as distinct from an overtone of the lower notes, or ii) it doesn't see the note because it's not an exact overtone of the lower notes. So I'd try some different tunings: 0,0,0, or -5, 0, 5, or -10, 0, +10, or something like that on those three strings (D, D, G) and see if you can't find anything that works.

-Play around with how it's fingered. From what I remember it has you fingering it as 05x7 (DADG), but you could also try fingering it as 0x07 (somewhat more awkward, but it should be doable) or 0507 (no muting of D string). Or you could try to really double down on the string muting if you haven't been doing that.

-Other miscellaneous things. Maybe check your cable gain, how your tone knobs are turned, the intonation of your instrument, whether you might be bending the strings some or pressing them too hard, and things like that.

But really, when it comes to things like this that are basically just technical issues, I lose interest in furthering my score. Might practice it a bit to make sure I can get it to sound OK, but that's about it.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Oh, you have to mute the D string?

I did wonder how you played that chord with a pick…  :lol:

Still, I have tried dropping the pick and just plucking the A and G strings (at the same time, of course) to no avail.

(Actually I think my typical bassist flat muting fingers are doing the muting thing automatically, now I've tried it).

Edit:

Again - I have no trouble in the middle of the song...

Again - I have no trouble in the middle of the song...

Oh yeah, forgot about that part. It's possible it could be something weird like the tapping in One a few weeks ago, where many of the lead guitarists had trouble with getting note recognition there, but I think @ didn't. Would be nice to have some idea of why it happens and what could be done to fix it, but I'm not sure we'll find out anything soon.

Also, with chords, generally anything in between the strings being played is generally assumed to be muted. And if the chord doesn't go to the highest string you'll also mute the higher ones, as it's easier to just mute them with the fretting hand than to control your picking hand and avoid hitting them.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

that may have several causes. The "chord" is only octaved notes on 3 strings, D, D and D, so it doesn't matter if the D string is muted :lol:

make sure to strum all 4 strings to hit all octaves. Then we have drop D tuning, so our E (D) string is fairly baggy. You can try to strum the strings near the bridge so the don't oscillate too much and won't pushed that easy out of tune. Maybe palm muted playing for a same effect... I tried a bit this part with playing at brige and hitting all 4 strings on all up and dowmnstrokes... with always getting about 15-20 misses, last short try with only 5 at the whole section

As I finished my last custom I noticed there also note recognition is a bit beasty at the bass chords, just powerchords with 3 strings in E standard, but nowhere near bad as here. This may be a general problem with basses and chords.

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@@Gamut Guitar is working now? Very good. Fortunately replacing machine heads is easy. It's scary though, when one is breaking in your hands, and then you have to push it out because it stuck in the wood :wacko: Lesson learned - never put too thick strings :lol:

I was pretty spooked doing it, probably took me three times as long as it should, but surgery went off without a hitch! I got even heavier gauge strings this time, so these heads are probably going to live even shorter lives than the first set.  :P

Having trouble improving this week. Kinda out of practice, I think. I should probably do that Riff Repeater thing...

• Like 2

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

Everyone should know what happens when I get scared:

http://s15.postimg.org/pdc0y16uj/2015_07_23_00002.jpg

So basically Rocksmith was not starting for me at all, and I got really scared, but I finally got it working today and well...I was scared

My biggest problem with this version is this note run on the 15 near the beginning should be a slide

http://s8.postimg.org/fqo9xipfp/2015_07_23_00003.jpg

• Like 3

Many nice scores on all songs :)

@ Advanced Bassists whom are fortunate enough to play Tool

you gonna have to bump your gain to ~7-10 and play with a pick. Chords take a lot of noise to detect(from me anyways), I actually never had trouble with the chords at the end either :/

the middle chords always brought up pain and misery

• Like 3

Many nice scores on all songs :)