Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 91

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

http://i58.tinypic.com/2ef2ljd.jpg

yikes....

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

It's good that the songs so short, so I can repeat after and after again :)

I feel like I can play the riff now. But sometimes I panic :P

This week the scores will be tight :P I have to get high score, because I'm leaving on thursday :D

http://i.imgur.com/Zuv42SX.jpg

• Like 6

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

I see some people want to leave our happy Intermediate Lead family :P

• Like 4

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

@@Shiroo The stuff in code blocks is just tab notation, read basically the same way as EOF represents notes but with less granular timing and no representation of note length.  The lines from bottom to top are the EADG strings, and the numbers on the lines are the frets the notes should be played on, on that string.  The vertical lines are just measure dividers for readability.

I just used section number because I was lazy and didn't bother loading the xml into EOF, but "Section 3" starts about 00:14 in the audio, and it looks like is "verse 1" in EOF.  "Section 12" starts about 00:52, and EOF is calling it "verse 5", if that helps you find it.

As for the changes, what I'm doing is shifting position to where my index is on the 4th fret.  From there, anything that was A9 or E9 originally, I play as D4 or A4 respectively.  There are also the two notes that were originally D8, which I just stretch up and play as G3.  Same notes, just different positions on the fretboard.

Hopefully that clears it up?  If i had the project files I could make the changes and send the new xml over to you, but without them, I'm not sure if what EOF will spit out (without going through all the beatmap, hand position, and other setup stuff) will even be useful.  I also would have to make changes across all the difficulty levels without the original files, which I'd probably screw up :)

ok great ! I understant all of that before :P Just thought there was something more :P

(I know how to read tab :P )

@ mention something about rhythm part. Could you explain little more ?

ok, I'll take some screenshots

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

New here - I hope that I get this right. Going for intermediate...

Loved the lyrics on "Underwear"  :)

BASS:

19867502355_a69b4e828b_z.jpg

RYTHM:

19679498100_cb2d0a229b_z.jpg

LEAD:

19680902149_1150108e6d_z.jpg

• Like 8

Problems with Rocksmith registering? Don't bother - remember the wise words of Yngwie Malmsteen:

"Use your ears; If it sounds good, then it is good!"

Back for another week, and I must say I highly approve of all of this weeks choices !

Went for a spot of mountain climbing yesterday and definitely feeling the effects in my arms, hands and wrists today ! So gently eased myself into playing today with beginner and intermediate lead:

http://i62.tinypic.com/2ryoxzd.png

http://i59.tinypic.com/2b868j.png

Missed exactly 1 note in each of them !

• Like 9

next is underwear

bass dl 5

tab 8, verses are slightly different, also another position maybe could be an improvement. Some parts are missing tiny fills.

tones 9

Agreed on the position and some missing notes.  I copied down how I've been playing it if anyone wants to try it or tweak the custom to match.

Numbers in square brackets are the RR sections.  The sections below are played from the 4th fret, everything else in the song I play as written (I think).  I found the stretch up to 3rd fret in bar 1 of section 6 to be more comfortable than shifting around (as written originally) or a stretch down to the 8th fret, but maybe others prefer the original.

If you do go with what's below, it's tempting to play sections 15-17 from the 4th fret like earlier in the song, but you need to shift to hit the Eb Db (8th and 6th fret) on the G string at the end of section 17 anyway, and the start of section 15 felt like a sensible place to do it.  I still forget sometimes though if I'm zoning out.

[3 & 10]                          [4 & 11]
G|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|
D|----------------|44--------------|----------------|44--------------|
A|--------44------|--------66------|--------44------|--------66------|
E|66--------------|----------------|66--------------|----------------|

[5 & 12]                          [6 & 13]
G|----------------|----------------|33--------------|----------------|
D|----------------|44---464------46|----------------|----------------|
A|------4-44----4-|--------66---6--|------4-44----44|6---------------|
E|66---6-6--------|----------------|-----6-6--------|----------------|

[7]                          
G|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|
D|----------------|----------------|44444444--------|----------------|
A|----------------|----------------|--------66666666|444444446-------|
E|6666666666666666|6666666666666666|----------------|----------------|

[14]                          
G|----------------|----------------|----------------|
D|----------------|----------------|44444444--------|
A|----------------|----------------|--------66666666|
E|6666666666666666|6666666666666666|----------------|

[15]                          
G|----------------|----------------|----------------|
D|----------------|----------------|----------------|
A|----------------|----------------|9999999966666666|
E|6666666666666666|6666666666666666|----------------|

As for missing notes, I think sections 5 and 12 should probably be as follows:

[5 & 12]                          
G|----------------|----------------|
D|----------------|44---464------46|
A|------4-44-----4|--------66---6--|
E|66---6-6------6-|----------------|

There could be other errors in the tab, but that's just the one spot I noticed earlier today.

that position is better, but this A# is octave higher on D 8th fret, bit different. 

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

@@Angelina27 this seems to be a different version

@@Bentron I see no G-string used in your tabbing, and I also didnt say anything about G-string. I'm talking about the A# on E 6th fret, and the A# on D 8th is one octave higher.

I learned the scale part with motives metronome files and practiced that for a while and i cut my fingernails to help with the barres.

It helped a little but the song is just so fast.

this song requires a solid alternate picking, anyway makes it easier.

• Like 2

Making some improvements...

Underwear on bass.  I can get 100% accuracy up to about 90% speed in RR.  At full speed, I score 97%.  I'll keep working on it.

Sweet Dreams on bass I've gotten up to 96.3%.  I haven't bothered with RR, because it's the slides that mess me up and I really don't care.  In the freebird spirit, I am going to try something different with this song.

• Like 4

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

@frippchen Hm, I'm not sure which A# you're referring to then.  The only time I changed playing A# on D8 is to play it on G3 instead, and that's only at the beginning of sections 6 and 13.  Anything I didn't write down stays as is in the original.  Did I copy something down wrong maybe?

it's this

http://up.picr.de/22596236st.png

first notes in verse are A#. I transposed them from E 6th to G 8th and changed complete line  :D, that's how it's played.

• Like 2

sorry, doublepost :ph34r: 

@ my high score does seem low, how many version are there?

don't know, but you should take the linked version from this first page.

• Like 3

it's this

http://up.picr.de/22596236st.png

first notes in verse are A#. I transposed them from E 6th to G 8th and changed complete line  :D, that's how it's played.

Ahhhh... That would be so much easier to play.  The jump from G 6th to E 6th is a spot that I still only manage to play cleanly a little more than half the time for some reason.  

I was confused since the custom has it as E 6th in that first bar of the verse 1.  Is that how the actual song is played, or should it be D 8th?  I don't have the game loaded right now, and I can't really tell from the youtube video which octave it's supposed to be.  The way you've written the part under the second verse heading (3rd and 4th lines in your image) are definitely an octave higher than the audio though :)

Somebody call the Freebird police.  2Groggy is doing weird and tasteless things in public...Sweet Dreams Rhythm track played on a bass.  "Why?" you all ask.  "Do you really expect a logical answer?" I reply.

To play in the correct register, I transposed up one string and up seven frets.  I ran out of strings for a few cords, and the decode routine really wasn't fond of a lot of my bar cords, but I scored just shy of 80%

• Like 8

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

Srlsy, someone run to a donut shop and find the Freebird police.  When 2groggy couldn't get the G# chords to register, he re-tuned his bass in open G and it only made things worse.  Now he's threatening that tomorrow he might try Sweet Dreams rhythm on bass in open G with a slide.  Either that or he'll start loosening the truss rod, lowering the action and playing with the intonation.  Nothing good can come of any of this.

• Like 5