Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 91

@@Nacholede Thanks for reporting, but just to be sure, are you playing 2.0 version? If so I'm going to turn down tone volumes on the upcoming update!

@@albatross213 Thanks for the heads up, you were certainly right about those notes! Took advantage and also fixed some slides, notes and sync.

It just keep amazing me how a 22 yo Geddy Lee could write this kind of basslines (and then play it and sing), that's one of the reasons that make me love Rush.

Yeah! i'm playing the 2.0 version! they are a little bit loud, besides that, everything seems fine! :D 

9A7alLl.jpg

It just keep amazing me how a 22 yo Geddy Lee could write this kind of basslines (and then play it and sing), that's one of the reasons that make me love Rush.

Thats exactly what i thought while i was playin Anthem.. the playing and singing one..unbelievable

Yeah, there are several places Geddy goes pretty crazy during verses. Some other examples that come to mind are Circumstances, the ends of the verses in Headlong Flight, and this verse of Cygnus X-1. And I'm probably missing a lot. I can't imagine doing stuff like that, but then again I've never focused a few weeks on being able to do that with a bunch of songs like you would in rehearsals.

• Like 2

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

I start this week with the most easy for review in all paths

first lead, dl = 2

in the whole tab there are any issues like wrong chords (the second chord i.e.), unnecessary notes and some wrong rhythm notes (the whole song has no 16th, but the tab has). Also the main riffs 1st of those two slides should be slide 2 frets, but they're all just slided out... if you do just a 1 fret slide it sounds wrong) The solo is not very accurate tabbed, also 1 or 2 wrong notes and a wrong bend (there are two full bending in a row, both just bended up.... first is ok but second should be prebend/release bend)  It's not bad to play the chimes in the middle with guitar if there is nothing other, but the rhythm should be correct, here it isn't, sounds shifted). Sync seems a bit early and the tones are ok. So my rating is

tab 7

sync 7

tones 8

http://up.picr.de/22582775pa.jpg

then rhythm, dl = 2

here it's the same with the slides in the main riff. hand position in some cases could be optimized, but that's minor.

sometimes there is rhythm tabbed when the guitar plays sustained notes/chords. Chordname Csus2 is just wrong, the chord in these spots are are named Gsus4. Sync is also early I think. The tones are very low leveled and are ok, but I miss those humanizer effcet or something like that. 

tab 6

sync 7

tones 7

http://up.picr.de/22583230gv.jpg

and bass, dl = 2

any tabbing errors, rhythms are not always correct. In my opinion sync is also early here. tones ok.

tab 7

sync 7

tones 8

http://up.picr.de/22583308cm.jpg

this is an easy song. In all paths 100% should be possible for all, but the issues in the manner described makes it harder.

• Like 8
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

no screen shot, but I can make it through Underwear with no misses in RR at 85% speed.  So I'll start slowly increasing the speed until I can play through at full speed.

• Like 4

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

next is underwear

lead dl 5

tab 9

tones 7, any sections with chords needs cleaner sound

http://up.picr.de/22586101fn.jpg

rhythm dl 5

tab 8, more details would be nice. In the second half are 4 blocks where the chords are a lilbit different. @@Shiroo I can pm you details if you want to fix

tones 7, here also too much gain in the "clean" parts

http://up.picr.de/22586137cp.jpg

bass dl 5

tab 7, verses are slightly different, also another position maybe could be an improvement. Some parts are missing tiny fills.

tones 9

http://up.picr.de/22586148mj.jpg

for sync I can't say anything at this time. 

• Like 7
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

I know this song is original and came way before the others, but I see/hear a couple of songs/artists

Lead(The Wicker Man with a Rush solo)

http://s30.postimg.org/y9rahfw8x/2015_07_19_00002.jpg

Bass(If Justin Chancellor and Cliff Lee both had a baby bassist)

http://s12.postimg.org/omvqt19ot/2015_07_19_00004.jpg

• Like 10

Many nice scores on all songs :)

That is my score for int lead:

http://i72.fastpic.ru/big/2015/0720/01/bd8d76f7a8f70cbc83c4d806056c5f01.png

It is much easier than Buckethad last week and has a simple recipe that works for me for every fast thing: 70-80-90-93-96-98-100 speed in RR 5-7 times each. Only one problem: hand gets sweaty from such long series of chords, and pick is starting to moving out of hand. Interesting how professional players deal with it? Maybe they have no sweat at all :) ?

• Like 8

Rocksmith 2014 Championship
Leaderboards
Song selection
Class List
Rank

Signature stolen with minimal changes from @MaZtoR :)

Bass Path:

Intermediate

[sharedmedia=videos:videos:1911]

PD: Hi guys sorry for my abscence but the university life is not easy, anyway, I think I screw up this one yeah I'm kind of nervous when I turn on the camara but it's not the first time that I record a playthrough well at least I got the platinum 

• Like 3

next is underwear

bass dl 5

tab 8, verses are slightly different, also another position maybe could be an improvement. Some parts are missing tiny fills.

tones 9

Agreed on the position and some missing notes.  I copied down how I've been playing it if anyone wants to try it or tweak the custom to match.

Numbers in square brackets are the RR sections.  The sections below are played from the 4th fret, everything else in the song I play as written (I think).  I found the stretch up to 3rd fret in bar 1 of section 6 to be more comfortable than shifting around (as written originally) or a stretch down to the 8th fret, but maybe others prefer the original.

If you do go with what's below, it's tempting to play sections 15-17 from the 4th fret like earlier in the song, but you need to shift to hit the Eb Db (8th and 6th fret) on the G string at the end of section 17 anyway, and the start of section 15 felt like a sensible place to do it.  I still forget sometimes though if I'm zoning out.

[3 & 10]                          [4 & 11]
G|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|
D|----------------|44--------------|----------------|44--------------|
A|--------44------|--------66------|--------44------|--------66------|
E|66--------------|----------------|66--------------|----------------|

[5 & 12]                          [6 & 13]
G|----------------|----------------|33--------------|----------------|
D|----------------|44---464------46|----------------|----------------|
A|------4-44----4-|--------66---6--|------4-44----44|6---------------|
E|66---6-6--------|----------------|-----6-6--------|----------------|

[7]                          
G|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|
D|----------------|----------------|44444444--------|----------------|
A|----------------|----------------|--------66666666|444444446-------|
E|6666666666666666|6666666666666666|----------------|----------------|

[14]                          
G|----------------|----------------|----------------|
D|----------------|----------------|44444444--------|
A|----------------|----------------|--------66666666|
E|6666666666666666|6666666666666666|----------------|

[15]                          
G|----------------|----------------|----------------|
D|----------------|----------------|----------------|
A|----------------|----------------|9999999966666666|
E|6666666666666666|6666666666666666|----------------|

As for missing notes, I think sections 5 and 12 should probably be as follows:

[5 & 12]                          
G|----------------|----------------|
D|----------------|44---464------46|
A|------4-44-----4|--------66---6--|
E|66---6-6------6-|----------------|

There could be other errors in the tab, but that's just the one spot I noticed earlier today.

• Like 2

Only one problem: hand gets sweaty from such long series of chords, and pick is starting to moving out of hand. Interesting how professional players deal with it? Maybe they have no sweat at all :) ?

I have the same problem in the summer, and i bought myself picks with a grip part ( http://www.rockemmusic.com/files/dunlop%20maxgrip%2073.jpgi currently play these).

They worked wonders for me, the pick stays where it should ;)

cheers

• Like 3

Hey guys !

The stuff about underwear. I'm very happy to do the new updates, there's just some problems. About the tone, YES, I agree the tone for the verse parts should be different. But I tried as fuck when I created the song and also for other of their songs. It seems I am unable to create that fucking tone :D So If anyone has any clue how to improve it, or maybe provide me with a tone That would be A-MA-ZING !

Next thing. About the tab. I didn't notice that there was something wrong, but that's ok. It's good that we fix it. But the problem is, from the @@Bentron 's post I didn't understand a thing. :P I can see that there is one note missing, which is easy to fix, but I want to do all the tweaks at same time. If you could guys tell me parts to change and for what that would be amazing ! :)

Thank you !

• Like 7

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

Some stuff... I'm a tad under the weather so lethargy is my excuse this week for any poor performances :)

Sweet dweams... I am back to Annie Lennox orange hair again, so this song was a little bit apt :) http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=484637903

Underwear! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=484637763

On par with "full steam spacemachine" for fun-ness! 

Nothing else to add... I can nail the intro on Rush but I need to subliminally learn Tool, I know the track pretty well but no where near as well as I know the beloved Rush :)

• Like 10

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

@@Shiroo The stuff in code blocks is just tab notation, read basically the same way as EOF represents notes but with less granular timing and no representation of note length.  The lines from bottom to top are the EADG strings, and the numbers on the lines are the frets the notes should be played on, on that string.  The vertical lines are just measure dividers for readability.

I just used section number because I was lazy and didn't bother loading the xml into EOF, but "Section 3" starts about 00:14 in the audio, and it looks like is "verse 1" in EOF.  "Section 12" starts about 00:52, and EOF is calling it "verse 5", if that helps you find it.

As for the changes, what I'm doing is shifting position to where my index is on the 4th fret.  From there, anything that was A9 or E9 originally, I play as D4 or A4 respectively.  There are also the two notes that were originally D8, which I just stretch up and play as G3.  Same notes, just different positions on the fretboard.

Hopefully that clears it up?  If i had the project files I could make the changes and send the new xml over to you, but without them, I'm not sure if what EOF will spit out (without going through all the beatmap, hand position, and other setup stuff) will even be useful.  I also would have to make changes across all the difficulty levels without the original files, which I'd probably screw up :)

@@Shiroo The stuff in code blocks is just tab notation, read basically the same way as EOF represents notes but with less granular timing and no representation of note length.  The lines from bottom to top are the EADG strings, and the numbers on the lines are the frets the notes should be played on, on that string.  The vertical lines are just measure dividers for readability.

I just used section number because I was lazy and didn't bother loading the xml into EOF, but "Section 3" starts about 00:14 in the audio, and it looks like is "verse 1" in EOF.  "Section 12" starts about 00:52, and EOF is calling it "verse 5", if that helps you find it.

As for the changes, what I'm doing is shifting position to where my index is on the 4th fret.  From there, anything that was A9 or E9 originally, I play as D4 or A4 respectively.  There are also the two notes that were originally D8, which I just stretch up and play as G3.  Same notes, just different positions on the fretboard.

Hopefully that clears it up?  If i had the project files I could make the changes and send the new xml over to you, but without them, I'm not sure if what EOF will spit out (without going through all the beatmap, hand position, and other setup stuff) will even be useful.  I also would have to make changes across all the difficulty levels without the original files, which I'd probably screw up :)

ok great ! I understant all of that before :P Just thought there was something more :P

(I know how to read tab :P )

@ mention something about rhythm part. Could you explain little more ?

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

I learned the scale part with motives metronome files and practiced that for a while and i cut my fingernails to help with the barres.

It helped a little but the song is just so fast.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Underwear%209774_zpsiblrdynv.jpg

I never thought 3 chords could be so many different things.  But I'm slowly learning.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Mary%20janes%20last%20dance%20Rhythm%2089_zpshnsgddau.jpg

• Like 9

@@MaZtoR Impossible to get fast speed in few days. There need one hour practice at 150, take break, and repeat yet a few times, and to do it every day, gradually increasing the speed. If enough learned phrase, one may watch TV and practice in same time.

I think it is very good chance to get base knowledge about practice with metronome. I sure this experience useful for future, for learning hardcore solo, may be it is only one way to learn hardcore solo. 

Good luck :)

• Like 5

ok great ! I understant all of that before :P Just thought there was something more :P

(I know how to read tab :P )

Haha, sorry :lol:   I figured you knew how to read tab, but I wasn't sure what part you didn't understand from my earlier post, so I just decided to cover all the bases ;)  But no, that was all for me.  Other than the different playing position and that one spot with a missing note, I didn't notice anything else out of place.

Exhausting weekend...

still got some time to start the week:

http://i59.tinypic.com/2ex0ht5.jpg

• Like 3

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

very very hard start in adv rhy... can´t there be just a fast stupid death metal song ;)

.... but who would want it the easy way...

http://i58.tinypic.com/nloemo.jpg

• Like 4

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.