I'll take "Bellboy" and "I've Had Enough" - wish me luck everyone :-)

Will you be making the complete custom yourself? If so, do you already have access to the guitar tabs I've sent to @@Bavarezkrd and @@GetTheLedOut? Will you need my help with the bass? If so, it might be a long time off before I can get to it. Not much time atm. :(

I send him yours and my songbooks with 5.1 tracks. I'll help him with transcriptions. Also, I can try to transcribe 'I've Had Enough' bass myself - it's not difficult bass part (except some Entwistle's tricks). I didn't listened to 'Bell Boy' bass part, but I think there's not too much difficult part too. @@Aludog - you're busy too much, I know, so you need to transcribe the most difficult bass parts - for 5:15 and Sea and Sand. And after you'll have them done you can start with others. Now we need in 5:15 and Sea and Sand.

@@Aludog - If you like, you could simply make a GP file for Sea and Sand's bass part. That way I can just import it into my project. I should have the guitar parts finished on Monday, I think :)

However, if you'd prefer another method of collaboration, that's no problem either.

• Like 1

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

@@Aludog - I'll work with Bavarezkrd while I get up to speed. He's sent me links to the files you mentioned and given me some tips and ideas of what he needs from me. If I run into any problems, I will shout!

• Like 1

I chart BASS PARTS ONLY. Requests for guitar parts will be ignored. I hope that is clear. 

Twitter updates: @jamesprestonuk

Donations: https://paypal.me/jamesprestonuk?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB (thank you!)

@@GetTheLedOut I'm almost done with the bass transcription for "Sea And Sand". How far along are you? Do we wanna make this a multitrack custom? Would be cool. :)

Ooh that'd be sweet! I'm about halfway through charting the guitar parts. I'm hoping to finish it up today, but no hurry on your end. The only hurdle in making a multi-track custom is the mixing of the audio. I might be able to do it, but I can't make any promises :D

• Like 1

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

Whether we make it a multi-track or not, it's going to be a lot of fun to play. I might actually be more looking forward to the rhythm part since it'll allow me to practice my Pete Townshend moves :D

http://38.media.tumblr.com/3450be1c267fc9a02258b2894cbded94/tumblr_mhd78l9ddj1rtyc83o1_500.gif

• Like 1

I'll do the mixing, don't worry. I've done it before and it's not difficult at all. The only issue I can see here is the fact that there's one main stereo guitar track and then there's a secondary overdub track that contains some overdubbed guitar parts as well, the most significant being the rhythm backing during the outro solo. I think the multitracks would only work really well with a lead arrangement that sticks to that main guitar track. For every other kind of combo arrangement one would have to manually cut parts of the track to get rid of the parts your going to play. Send me the gpx when you're done and I'll copy in the bass and take a look at the arrangements to see how they could work with the multitracks.

Sounds like a plan. I was thinking about that issue with the guitars yesterday. There might not be a really clear way to make a multi-track of the rhythm part. I'm charting the rhythm arrangement to include the electric guitar that's panned to the right in original mix (primarily doubles the acoustic guitar track) along with acoustic guitar playing the arpeggios during the intro and quiet parts.

The lead is primarily going to be the guitar panned to the left, with all the volume swells, solos/fills, etc.

@@GetTheLedOut Be careful with Pete's moves! When I tryed to make them last time I injured my thumb. I think I can repeat to do it this week.  :D

Well, can I check 'Sea and Sand' as soon as it'll be done?

I'll send you a psarc with the guitar parts when I'm done.

-Edit - just Aludog's post. That works too :)

Finally finished Sea and Sand, but when I went to test it, I noticed that the sync was off just enough to make it very difficult to play.

I've never had this happen to me. It appears that the waveform and audio in EoF (which is the first thing I look at when I sync) are off by noticeable amount. When the song is played back in EoF, all of the grid lines, notes, and music would lead you to believe that the sync is perfect.

However, when you turn on the "clap" feature (which is supposed to clap for each charted note). the claps come about half a beat too early. This behavior is then duplicated in RS. I'm stumped...

I think I'm going to have to start over from scratch in a new project folder. From there I can re-sync it and then copy paste everything over from EoF. Shouldn't take that long, but it's still a pain in the ass.

• Like 1

Also, because I'm starting a new project, I shouldn't have to worry about this problem popping back up when I go to plug the additional audio the multi-track versions.

@@Aludog - When I have a working full band version, I'll create the "no guitar" audio. 

• Like 1

Finished it up on my lunch break :)

Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vjo8iop8em9s8m9/AADloe0L-fjjArC3mAYnlDCWa?dl=0

As far as I can tell, the only left to do would be to possibly tweak the tones a bit. I'm not able to test this until later, but I'm quite certain the sync issue is now fixed. I wanted give you guys on the other side of the world something to test today :)

@@Aludog - the bass part is fantastic. Every tone sounds the same to me, since I'm emulating bass... so let me know how it sounds. 

• Like 1

The first impression.

1. Lead part - need some fixing. Some chords are impossible to play. For example, 5x7xx5 in the end. How should you play it? There's also one wrong chord, before 'My jacket's gonna be cut...'. It must be D (usual Pete's chords progression - A G D), but it looks like x00323. You missed one fill (I'll make a screenshot of it later, I need to go soon). As I could see Pete never played A5 chord as usual (x02255) after bend on the 3rd fret on the 6th string. He plays like this:

|----------|
|----------|
|-----2----|
|-----2----| 
|-----0----|
|-3^------|

I don't remember what part contains this mistake - lead or rhythm, but check both.

2. Rhythm. It's very hard to play arpeggios correct for the first time (I know chords, but I don't know strings progression). There's a little problem in the game with one D chord, but I can't tell you in English. I think you'll see it too. If not - I'll make a screenshot later.

3. Bass. No problems.

I think you should end song about 2 measures before. It looks sloppy (word from Google Translate, could be wrong). Song is faded, but you still playing the part. Fade is a real pain in ass, but I prefer to end the song (as I made in 'Punk') as soon as it starts fading.

• Like 2