Hello and welcome to Quadrophenia project's topic.

http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1436977999/4c197b12/9293985.jpg

What's the project?

There's not too many The Who's songs here on customsforge. We want to make one of the greatests album ever - Quadrophenia. Power guitar riffs, many guitars in different tunes and fantastic bass section by John Entwistle - what could be better to see in Rocksmith? I'm looking for people who interested in this, who can help with transcribing and making cdlc. Only thing you need to do is make your work well. 

If you want to transcribe:

We all know that this is very hard to separate one part from the whole song clear. But if you want to join the project as a transcriber I have a great news for you! We have a 5.1 version of the whole album. You can choose the channel you need and make transcribing process easier! Just write what song(s) you'd like to transcribe.

Current members:
- Bavarezkrd - transcriber and cdlc maker;

- Aludog - bass transcriber;

- GetTheLedOut - cdlc maker;

- JamesPrestonUK - cdlc maker;

The songs we made:

CD1:

1. I'm the Sea;

2. The Real Me;

3. Quadrophenia - in progress (Bavarezkrd);

4. Cut My Hair;

5. The Punk and the Godfather;

6. I'm One;

7. The Dirty Jobs;

8. Helpless Dancer;

9. Is It in My Head?;

10. I've Had Enough - in progress (JamesPrestonUK);

CD2:
1. 5:15;

2. Sea and Sand;

3. Drowned;

4. Bell Boy - in progress (JamesPrestonUK);

5. Doctor Jimmy;

6. The Rock;

7. Love, Reign O'er Me;

You can join too! If you know how to help us, if you can make a good transcriptions (especially for the bass guitar), if you can make good cdlc - just let us know! Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 6

I'm actually starting work on the sync and guitar arrangement(s) for Love, Reign O'er Me now.

If someone would like to have a crack at the bass part when I'm nearly done(*cough* Aludog *cough* :) ), just let me know. Otherwise, I may try and chart the bass myself.

• Like 1

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

I have loaded full Quadrophenia in 5.1 as .wav files here - https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4miDwjZiHkufkVMLUxMaHZzUmhXUmpVdEJ0ZDNiZ1FLR093RUtsM1IwWTFLcmt0czZ3Rkk&usp=sharing

Just open your Audacity, open/import the track and listen to every of 6 channels separate. Bass tracks on the 3rd channel usually.

• Like 1

I could to try to make bass transcription for Love Reign O'er Me. I wanted to make this song by myself, but... okey, I'll take 5:15. How should I make a bass transcription - as .txt file, as eof file or as Guitar Pro file?

I guess a Guitar Pro file would be the easiest. Just make sure you make it in 12/8 time so that it imports nicely into EoF :)

I've found a pretty decent looking GP file here: http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/w/who/love_reign_oer_me_guitar_pro.htm

The bass part "seems" accurate, but I'm not sure about a few parts so it wouldn't hurt to have a second opinion from someone who has the multitracks :) .

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

@@GetTheLedOut GP looks good and acccurate. But I think that the bass part might be an octave lower. Also I gave you a link to very good The Who tabs site. It's down now, but I copied full Quadrophenia and I can send to you pretty accurate tabs as .txt file. I know the man who made that site, he is a very good transcriber and his guitar tabs of Quadrophenia are pretty accurate.

@@Bavarezkrd Great! Just send it over in a .txt format if you like. It looks like I'll be able to finish this either today or tomorrow, barring any major setbacks.

I'll keep checking back to that tab site to see when it comes back up. Usually those fansites are great for accurate tabs.

I'm really excited to play this one, since it's one of my favorite songs period. Thanks for all your help!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I started to make 5:15 now.

Yay!

I chart BASS PARTS ONLY. Requests for guitar parts will be ignored. I hope that is clear. 

Twitter updates: @jamesprestonuk

Donations: https://paypal.me/jamesprestonuk?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB (thank you!)

I started to make 5:15 now.

Yay!

Don't worry, guy. It's actually made (for both guitars), but I still need in bass part which will be made by Aludog next week. Keep calm and wait for this one. It comes soon.  ;)

Will do - thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to this one :-)

I chart BASS PARTS ONLY. Requests for guitar parts will be ignored. I hope that is clear. 

Donations: https://paypal.me/jamesprestonuk?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB (thank you!)

I'll start to make Quadrophenia (track) soon. I'll take 'Cut My Hair' next. @@GetTheLedOut are you will make 'Sea and Sand' or take other song instead?

I can start working on the guitars for Sea and Sand, and if I do any of the Bass, I can have Aludog review/fix it.

This is probably from the same source but I have the mogg which includes all the isolated tracks, so you can mix it any way you want. To work with totally isolated tracks is difficult without a drum track to help with the timing.

I'll take "Bellboy" and "I've Had Enough" - wish me luck everyone :-)

• Like 3