'Bassify' function

PyroBillie

So often when I make a cdlc there are no bass tabs available, but for *most* songs the bass tab looks alot like the rythm guitar tab, so what I do is select all, copy and paste in bass.

Then select all, deselect single notes, clear orange, deselect single notes, clear blue, deselect single notes, clear yellow. now all the chords are reduced to their bass note. 

Also PM are almost not used in bass, in some guitar genres alot (the ones I'm making anyway)

So now I still have to delete (make normal notes) out the PM, what can be alot of selecting work, following complex chug patterns.  

Also later on checking out the total bass tab offcourse.

But now what I suggest is a 'Bassify' function in EoF that does this in one step.

1) reducing chords to their bass note

2) making all the PM notes to normal notes

Or maybe 2 seperate buttons for this.

I don't know if its possible to implement, but it would help out alot I think, maybe also encourage people to include bass more. Let me know what you think of it :)

Check out my Custom Inlays topic here

Customize those dots at fret 3, 5, 7,... with your favourite band logo!

Check out my Youtube channel here

Rock, Punk and Metal Rocksmith playthroughs, Just Dance Audio Swaps and Synthesia Piano Plays

Rise Against DG - ADTR DG - Enter Shikari DG

Beartooth DG - Senses Fail DG - Just Dance Topic

EOF has a function that removes the top-most gem on selected chords (Note>Simplify chords). You should be able to select all notes after you pasted them into the bass track and use this function 5 times to get the desired effect. You can then use the "Note>Pro guitar>Remove palm muting" function to remove that technique from selected notes.

It's not as quick as a 1 click function, but should be quick enough (15 seconds or less). I tend to prefer functions that have a less specific effect, so they can be used in different combinations to perform the greatest variety of tasks.

• Like 4

EOF has a function that removes the top-most gem on selected chords (Note>Simplify chords). You should be able to select all notes after you pasted them into the bass track and use this function 5 times to get the desired effect. You can then use the "Note>Pro guitar>Remove palm muting" function to remove that technique from selected notes.

It's not as quick as a 1 click function, but should be quick enough (15 seconds or less). I tend to prefer functions that have a less specific effect, so they can be used in different combinations to perform the greatest variety of tasks.

Allright, thx :) the simplify chords function is quite the same as I use now, but the remove palm muting is exactly what I was looking for, couldn't find it, but this save alot of time :D

Check out my Custom Inlays topic here

Customize those dots at fret 3, 5, 7,... with your favourite band logo!

Check out my Youtube channel here

Rock, Punk and Metal Rocksmith playthroughs, Just Dance Audio Swaps and Synthesia Piano Plays

Rise Against DG - ADTR DG - Enter Shikari DG

Beartooth DG - Senses Fail DG - Just Dance Topic