Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 90

My cousin, leaving floor above me, has a she-cat, and you know what time of the year now is. Usually cats are not crying (it sounds like baby crying) under my window, but last night... That's freakin' annoying, as there is no other love interest for them in the neighborhood. And you want window open cause it's warm :lol:

• Like 3

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

I'm pissed that I can't play it flawlessly so I'm playing it constantly :D

http://i.imgur.com/9gQDy4k.jpg

• Like 7

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

:lol: DevStereo, it's the tomcats crying, the pussycat doesn't care about them and sleeps :lol:

Finally got some time with guitar and big screen... so I did this (standing on one foot :D ):

To Cry You A Song LEAD - 92%, 129 streak

Let's pretend that playing on one foot dimnished my skills :lol:

• Like 8

My cousin, leaving floor above me, has a she-cat, and you know what time of the year now is. Usually cats are not crying (it sounds like baby crying) under my window, but last night... That's freakin' annoying, as there is no other love interest for them in the neighborhood. And you want window open cause it's warm :lol:

It's warm?  In Poland???

On a more serious note I'm thinking of travelling to Krakow to see the Foo Fighters, since I missed them in Manchester.  Other possibilities are Barcelona (but I've been there before) or Amsterdam (I've been there before many times).  Whaddaya reckon?  Is Krakow a good tourist weekend destination?

And yes, I know it won't be warm there in November… :D

• Like 2

@ you're killing it... Man i wish i could play that good [emoji53]

Anyways i've got a Questin for all of you Guys. I'm curious on how long each of you have been playing your instrument ? I don't think it's the right thread to ask but i can't help myself tho [emoji28]

Sorry guys for asking so much stuff [emoji45] i know i can be sometimes annoying.

Anyways i've got a Questin for all of you Guys. I'm curious on how long each of you have been playing your instrument ? I don't think it's the right thread to ask but i can't help myself tho [emoji28]

Sorry guys for asking so much stuff [emoji45] i know i can be sometimes annoying.

It might be 5 years now. But I have to say, the mayor improvement on my guitar skills was when I started playing Rocksmith, which is year and half. I'm self taught, only did 1 year at guitar school (in which I learned almost nothing). BUT (!) my theory knowledge is on the level of 1 from 10 :D I know the basic notes, but that's about it :P (which is not that great) :D

• Like 1

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

I think it will be my best result, I'm already jumping over my head. Were playing it 2 hours for a row.

http://i71.fastpic.ru/big/2015/0718/80/dea1ac86f7ee2972309cae34db424580.png

When I'm playing long one song, I start to miss more notes and make mistakes in places I've always been playing OK. Is it only my problem or you guys have it too?

• Like 5

Rocksmith 2014 Championship
Leaderboards
Song selection
Class List
Rank

Signature stolen with minimal changes from @MaZtoR :)

Ahem...

http://customsforge.com/topic/14140-rocksmith-championship-players-how-long-have-you-been-playing/

• Like 2

@@missis sumner It can be quite like England at Krakow in November :) City is nice, there is a big castle, though it's not as lovely as Pszczyna (and we have beautiful palace here) :P

• Like 1

Hi everyone, here are my scores:

Advanced Lead: 97.25 %

This turned out better than expected, very nice song!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=483397356

Intermediate Rhythm: 95.01 %

Just wanted to see what one try could bring...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=483397282

Advanced Bass: 95.28 %

Probably the most difficult bass I have played, yet...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=483397449

• Like 7

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

So, I didn't mean to make that comment and then disappear, but it was a busy couple of days right after that and it took me a while to get around to reading through the old posts.

First of all, I just want to say that I could have and should have made my comments with much more respect and tact than I did. I respect all of you who do the behind the scenes work for doing some great things here and creating a great community (as @@DevStereo says in @@Rodman's sig, the best ever). And while I definitely came off as sounding disgruntled, I'm very happy here, as I hope was clear from my previous comments and "likes" and "thanks" given out.

One thing that I'm still not very clear on, though, is exactly how keeping track of "good guitar and bad/no bass" and vice versa would end up resulting in more work than you already have. If something gets put on the SSL and has a bad path (probably usually bass, but also possible with missing leads) it seems like you'd still have to check it to find out. Once you check it why not just put it into a "good guitar, bad bass" list so it can be paired with a bass only song or whatever (though I guess you might have to keep track of requesting an update and giving the creator time to respond)? I don't really know what goes on behind the scenes, though, so I guess things could be a lot more complicated than what I imagine.

Anyway, I'll be uploading a guitar only neo-folk song (and maybe also this) soon, just for fun. Will be kind of interesting as I don't play guitar, but...

Also, I'm still in the lead?! How did that happen? Fight me, @@then3verend!

Lastly, I saw there was a GP file for one of the singles from Symphony X's upcoming album, so I now have a preview up for Nevermore. I also have the GP file with the modifications I made if anyone wants to point out corrections (I think most of the notes are right, but there still might be playability issues, PMing, hopos that are wrong, and things like that). This should be a ridiculously challenging song (there are pretty much no easy parts except the chorus on bass [on guitar is another matter...], which I think is only 48 notes throughout the song) - I hit 88% on bass on my first try and while I can see getting that to 90, to get much higher than that my fingers will need to be a lot faster for some of those parts. The first guitar solo has a slide up to the 24th fret (which EoF warns me can crash Rocksmith?!) and I think 14 notes on the 23rd or 24th frets of the e string. Bonus arrangements have more sections for help with learning the song.Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: Oh yeah, since @@Mortalo mentioned that it's hard to find good bass tabs, that's definitely true. Most of the Symphony X stuff I used had pretty damn good bass tabs for the most part, especially given the complexity of many of the songs, but some of the other stuff I've been looking at recently has been total dreck. I've been starting working on some Graveyard songs, and the GP on UG for "Ain't Fit to Live Here" has 5 stars on 16 votes, and the bass part in the verse is totally f***ing wrong. Like, in a way that my crappy ears can detect and a cursory search for live video can confirm. It's not that hard to fix because he's actually mostly just following the guitar, but still. Another song of theirs has the bass in the chorus alternating between root 16ths and a similar thing but with hammer-ons an octave higher, but it's tabbed to be the latter every time (and again, the difference is quite audible). The Running Wild song I did had the bass dropping down from one note to another, when it actuality it (rather clearly) goes up an octave higher than tabbed. And then there are the things where the rhythm is clearly off (though sometimes they actually get the notes right! Just in the wrong place). Anyway, I'm done venting, but it would be nice if more tabbers (and raters) actually paid attention to the bass.

Edited by albatross213
  • Like 2

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@albatross213 pc is currently all over my floor and I need a new cooling unit before it'll work again.

I've been busy this week too :/ still need to post a rhythm score so I can go for the triple crown on Rodmans ranking.

I'll probably retire into the freebirds after that, schools about to start up again and I just got an interview for an internship. There's a couple of styles(southern rock and jazz) that I want to learn that I would suck at on a beginner level.

I'll mostly play advanced and mc songs and try to stay competitive to make you and others better.

• Like 2

Many nice scores on all songs :)