Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 90

No updates to post just yet, but when I got home from work the postman had dropped off a large and suspiciously guitar shaped package at the house - that's right, it's new guitar day !!!

Well, not actually new, but new to me, and in immaculate condition :)

She's a custom made 70s Strat replica - features a Warmoth body and neck, trem from a 40th anniversary American strat and Fender Custom Shop Fat 54 pickups. Sounds and feels absolutely amazing, right up there with a proper American strat, but it cost me less than a new middle of the range Squier.

Taking a bit of getting used to, it's nowhere near as forgiving as my other guitar and has a higher action, but it's a blast to play - really begs to be spanked around a bit, unlike my Schecter which requires just the lighest of caresses.

Just have to think of a name for her now...

• Like 5

Didn't do any RR yet. Just played it 3 times :P The % keeps growing. Ill see what I can do about it ;)

PS: The tones are fucking horrible. 

http://i.imgur.com/ZMQed10.jpg

• Like 4

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

N'update!

Intermediate: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=480765775Still enjoying playing this song but I'm finding sometimes when I log in the tone doesn't work and it comes out clean (sounds nice but not very rocky) then other times I log in the tone works but it will inevitably crash me to desktop and I have to restart RS a couple of times over to even get to the song list... I've done a couple of playthrough videos of this with both the proper tone and the "mad intruder" clean tone, but the custom tone sounds really noisy, moving fingers off and on the strings sounds like a charity car washer using her boobs to squeejee a windscreen. 3-4 in difficulty. nice floaty bit at the beginning, nice widdley technical bit to keep it a bit fun then some beefy " ONE NOTE! BASS SOLO!" *puts foot on monitor and shakes her head at it* shenannigary. Overall. Fun as a box of frogs :)

Advanced: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=481074750REALLY FUN SONG! :) I only had time to play it once but I'm liking the cut of Jethro's jib here, it's a tad medieval with a hint of 70's car key sex party... pass the horses doofers! I'm going in! Well I'm not really, going to rest and eat much earned donuts :) (7-8 but I'm not really au fait with the track yet, will update that guesstimate of difficulty later.)

• Like 8

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

I ran through buckethead a few times yesterday, and I think this one was my best from that session.  I've spent most of my time since in RR though, and I feel like I should be able to hit 100% with enough practice.

http://i.imgur.com/PGvjD5H.jpg

I'm also adding my voice to the comments others have already made about the bass tone.  It's way too loud, has too much distortion/overdrive, and has some sort of weird delay effect going on.  The bass tone in the actual audio on the other hand, is pretty normal sounding.  But I just switch to some tone I have saved in a preset and it's much more playable. 

@albatross213 mentioned some of the riffs up around the 10th fret could be rewritten for ease of play, and I'll second that as well.  I'm fairly sure everything after the intro (maybe even including it) can be played on the first four frets if moved up a string or two, so I've just been transposing those parts on the fly as I work through sections in RR.  It'd probably be easier to just unpack the custom and tweak the arrangement, but I feel like I'm learning something useful doing it the hard way :)

• Like 4

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Tried the Buckethead

Lead dl 6

the tab is simplified, missing all palm mutes, some missing or impossible technics (slide down and the end note is a HO/PO :lol:)

In one part the hand position should be changed, absolutely. But nothing really wrong, so my rating for tab is 7

For the sync I'm not really sure, but it should be ok, 8

Yes, and the tones are not nice, but not that worse, 6

also one section in RR is not working alone, but this we can get over it

http://up.picr.de/22530381dg.jpg

the wrong hand position happens with those part close to the end which starts on A string 16th fret.... should start on D 11th, very smooth to play there

• Like 6
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

I mean this slides from the first parts of the song. There is no ho/po, only slides my ears said.

Screenshot with corrected handposition is coming 

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

moving fingers off and on the strings sounds like a charity car washer using her boobs to squeejee a windscreen. 3-4 in difficulty. nice floaty bit at the beginning, nice widdley technical bit to keep it a bit fun then some beefy " ONE NOTE! BASS SOLO!" *puts foot on monitor and shakes her head at it* shenannigary. Overall. Fun as a box of frogs :)​
 it's a tad medieval with a hint of 70's car key sex party... pass the horses doofers!

Is this is all in English?! Just checking  :P. Brits and their weird language.

• Like 2

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@albatross213 a quick translation, I tend to type how I talk and forget folk don't know my humor/isms. I promise, it's all english, mostly :) Horses doofers= HORS D’OEUVRES... That's the only none English phrase there. Shenannigary = observed shenanigans. I can't be bothered explaining the rest, that's all English, pretty sure a quick google will reveal what a squeejee is :P

• Like 3

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

You didn´t even tell us how muse and babymetal did perform @@Rock in Vienna!!!!

Oh yeah :D

1) Metallica and Kiss fans are just too old now and there's no much movement or overal enjoyment of the concert. I felt like the crowd was waiting for some other headliner while Metallica was already playing. I feel bad for the bands because both Kiss and Metallica put on a great show, amazing performence, different in many ways and their ''fans'' didn't show any enthusiasm for them. But I think it's because the bands are quite old and their fans prefere to just stand around and watch the show (which I don't approve of :P )....

2) Now Vienna has fixed my opinion about them. People even sang the new songs ;)

3) .... 230€ is fucking a lot though so I might look for something cheaper next time ^_^

I think 3) is the problem for 1), or at least part.... If you take 230€ for a festival ticket you sure are gonna lock lots of the young guys out, my personal Metallica Experience, having seen them 3 times, each on festivals, that the crowd was evenly mixed

2) Not a Vienna, it´s a Muse problem - you know that ;)  btw. n.p. "The Resistance"

The last shows in Vienna i have been to - very selected crowds... i think it depends a lot on ticket prices and availability.

Can´t wait to see those girls myself live (yeah, Kiss i mean ;) )

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@@albatross213 a quick translation, I tend to type how I talk and forget folk don't know my humor/isms. I promise, it's all english, mostly :) Horses doofers= HORS D’OEUVRES... That's the only none English phrase there. Shenannigary = observed shenanigans. I can't be bothered explaining the rest, that's all English, pretty sure a quick google will reveal what a squeejee is :P

Noons, don´t you dare stop those! Would result in an instant level-up to MC!!!

• Like 1

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

... or anyone wants to link a guitar only and a bass only song together [if that's allowed?])....

Yes, that is allowed, and has been done before ;)

@@albatross213

Ah yeah, one very very very important fact to add about that, just came to mind:

Guitar only tracks are allowed IF THERE IS NO BASS IN THE SONG - if the bass has just not been done in the custom - it is unfinished and hence not feasible for the CS, same applies (moreless) for bass only.

Edit / add:

i see... that´s been said already :)

@, @@Mortalo - I guess I can accept that decision, though I'm not sure I really agree with it (possible reasons below). What's the rationale behind it?

My reasons for not really liking it:

1) Some songs that have bass have ridiculously incorrect bass, though they shouldn't make the championship. I don't see why we would filter out perfectly good CDLC from even being considered when other crap can pass through that same filter.

2) What constitutes an unfinished song? If there are 5 guitar tracks, do they all need to be in the CDLC for it to be considered finished? If not, why not? What if a song has multiple solos but is missing the tabs for one of them?

3) With things as they currently are MC bass often gets relatively boring/unchallenging songs for our skill level, and this often extends down to advanced bass getting songs below their class level. Since I started (week 78), advanced bass has had 9/13 songs below advanced rating, while MC bass has had 5 songs below MC rating. Contrast this with lead guitar, which has had appropriately rated songs at these classes every time except for one advanced song. Allowing us to link any DLCs that don't have both guitar and bass together would allow for more flexibility in our song choice and help get some more appropriate linking between guitar and bass difficulty.

Anyway, I gotta go. Sorry if I'm being a pain.

It´s no pain trying to improve things!!!

1) a custom with a wrong bass is the the same as one with a wrong guitarline... has to be corrected before we can play it. If we start accepting "good parts of a dlc" its gonna break @Mortalo´s limits in the selection process, and besides as we have the quality ratings growing - we wanna collect approved songs with no doubt.

2) long discussions in short: that it meets our system it has to have bass (if being played) and at least the "most important" guitar line, in fact most of the time lead, and feature RR and a custom tone.

3) we had a very very long discussion about the problem with bass diff (MC). Result was seperate path selection by difficulty of every song - which was a huge improvement, and to base the selection alternatingly on lead MC and bass MC - to make sure that at least every second week there is a 9 or 10 song in MC bass...

• Like 4

@ and as I mentioned before, starting at 3:59 the song is made much, much easier by ignoring the E & A string pedal notes. The 2 - 4 D string HOs and POs should each be followed by a 2 on the E string as a singular example and  every single one of those other pairs of HOs and POs on the D has a note on the A string following it. Listen closely and you'll definitely hear them on the record and you can see him play it the same way live. 

@@albatross213 I won't be as friendly as Rodman here, yes you're pain :P

We need at least one guitar path and bass path. That's simple and easy to follow. No I give an example of more guitars then in cldc stuff:

1. Iron Maiden. They 3 guitarists. Most times you have Lead and Rhythm, with lead having all the solos. But we played No More Lies, which had Lead, Rhythm and Bonus Rhythm, each being different guitarist, each having their own solos. Both options are good. We need all solos. Only then song is complete ->

2. Judas Priest - Hell Bent For Leather - 2 guitarist but cdlc has only Lead. Yet we played it. I asked charter if he'll do rhythm, but he said that he don't see a point in doing so, as it's same as lead but without solo. I accepted that opinion, and choosed that cdlc as my selection.

3. Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll - It had only lead, and Blue Oyster Cult has 3 guitarists, so I asked charter if he can add rhythm. He did so, and we played it on both lead and rhythm.

That's how it can work for guitar.

PS. Talking with charter is always best thing you can do, as they're normal people who love music. But they can have different opinion on some stuff (solos on rhythm, having more guitar parts, etc.), so sometimes you have to accept different point of view.

PS2. I heard that it's difficult to find good bass tab, so be gentle.

• Like 5

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

@ - I don't follow thrash particularly closely, but there's some good stuff that's different from the heyday of thrash. From what I've heard Vektor is rather unique (they tune up! Among other things) and really cool, though I don't always like the vocals. Black Future (I'd link you the youtube, but...) has some really cool parts. And I don't think I'd call them thrash, but Nevermore also has some really cool thrashy stuff (Poison Godmachine, Narcosynthesis, The Psalm of Lydia, parts of This Godless Endeavor [the song, if that's not clear]).

@, @@Mortalo - I guess I can accept that decision, though I'm not sure I really agree with it (possible reasons below). What's the rationale behind it?

My reasons for not really liking it:

1) Some songs that have bass have ridiculously incorrect bass, though they shouldn't make the championship. I don't see why we would filter out perfectly good CDLC from even being considered when other crap can pass through that same filter.

2) What constitutes an unfinished song? If there are 5 guitar tracks, do they all need to be in the CDLC for it to be considered finished? If not, why not? What if a song has multiple solos but is missing the tabs for one of them?

3) With things as they currently are MC bass often gets relatively boring/unchallenging songs for our skill level, and this often extends down to advanced bass getting songs below their class level. Since I started (week 78), advanced bass has had 9/13 songs below advanced rating, while MC bass has had 5 songs below MC rating. Contrast this with lead guitar, which has had appropriately rated songs at these classes every time except for one advanced song. Allowing us to link any DLCs that don't have both guitar and bass together would allow for more flexibility in our song choice and help get some more appropriate linking between guitar and bass difficulty.

Anyway, I gotta go. Sorry if I'm being a pain.

I'm just a beginner, but....

It seems to me that there are now enough accomplished bass players here to consider severing the link between lead/rhythm players and bass players.  I know it would be a great deal of work, but maybe it is time for one of these accomplished bass gurus to volunteer to team up with Motive and build and maintain a separate song list and competition just for bass players?

...just a feeble thought from aging, mushy brain-matter

So finally some scores

Don't Save Me Lead

Don't Save Me Bass

I will go for another Rhythm run on here, but i think no more on that song.

Just like @ i grew tired of Metal the last 5 years, and i have to absolutely be in the mood to listen to/play it.

But i absolutely LOVE me some Jethro Tull!

To Cry You a Song Lead

Pressed Screenshot to late here

To Cry You a Song Alt-Lead

Maybe there will be some MM score coming on this song  ;)

cheers

• Like 6

I think 3) is the problem for 1), or at least part.... If you take 230€ for a festival ticket you sure are gonna lock lots of the young guys out, my personal Metallica Experience, having seen them 3 times, each on festivals, that the crowd was evenly mixed

2) Not a Vienna, it´s a Muse problem - you know that ;)  btw. n.p. "The Resistance"

The last shows in Vienna i have been to - very selected crowds... i think it depends a lot on ticket prices and availability.

Can´t wait to see those girls myself live (yeah, Kiss i mean ;) )

1) Well the 3 day ticket was for 230. And most of the people had daily tickets, which were like 80€. So one day we had only Metallica fans, next day Muse fans and last day Kiss fans. And it's not that enormous price for a 2h concert of your fav. band + whole day of other bands for 80 euros, especially in Vienna.

2) I'm not sure about that. When I talked to my friend who went to 150~ Muse gigs, she said that generally countries like Switzerland, Germany and Austria are laid back, and people don't jump around, they want to enjoy the show. Which felt like true because that was the case for Stadthalle. Also if I look on some proshots from Rock am Ring and compare them to Download or Reading, theres a major difference. :P I mean people are having fun on Rock am Ring (it's fucking Rock am Ring, ofc people are having fun) but it's very incomparable with Reading. And the tickets were 50 euros back then. It was sold out, they made an amazing setlist, and the kid next to me (on the barrier) was on a facebook nonstop. And the girl behind me (with fucking broken knee in 2nd row) told me not to jump on a fucking concert. :D So yeah. My first Muse concert was not that great, when I look at the crowd. 

3) Just for you :P This is from Vienna

CG5l37qW0AAX_4W.jpg

• Like 1

I hope @@Shiroo find time for making good tones. :)

Sorry, don't have time for tones. But I'm sure your version will do fine. ^_^