Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 90

@@then3verend I did not changed bass difficulty for Death Angel. I saw 9 (I agree that it is a little easier), I decided that if you think so, I won't argue. Besides I wanted Advanced guys to have Tull :P

• Like 3

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Not easy, but I think it's not impossible with RR. :) Gonna have to take a look on it a bit further :P

http://i.imgur.com/7kS6lm3.jpg

You didn´t even tell us how muse and babymetal did perform @@Rock in Vienna!!!!

Oh yeah :D

Well There's the obvious, Muse were performing quite excelent -> though the setlist was a shame. Just the mainstream stuff. They did play at Download festival where they played some of the old Heavy songs which any fan wants to hear. But the crowd was good too. About 50 000 people were jumping around. And it felt that it was the best headlining concert of the festival. Metallica and Kiss fans are just too old now and there's no much movement or overal enjoyment of the concert. I felt like the crowd was waiting for some other headliner while Metallica was already playing. I feel bad for the bands because both Kiss and Metallica put on a great show, amazing performence, different in many ways and their ''fans'' didn't show any enthusiasm for them. But I think it's because the bands are quite old and their fans prefere to just stand around and watch the show (which I don't approve of :P ). Muse were very energetic on the other hand. I saw them in Vienna Stadthalle 3 years ago and the crowd was the same as on tallica or Kiss, no movement no enjoyement. Now Vienna has fixed my opinion about them. People even sang the new songs ;)

As far as the other concerts go. A day to remember where very good. Lots of moshing, which I love. Very energetic, very good concert. It seemed that Babymetal and A day to remember were the only 2 concerts people were moshing, like proper moshing, not some pussy mosh during one song. Constant moshpit during the whole concert. So I felt like these 2 concert were the biggest experience between the crowd and the band. People really enjoyed both of these concerts. Otherwise, on the other concerts it was just some hands in the air and that was it. People seemed like statues at times. 

So yeah Babymetal put on an amazing show. I finally heard Road Of Resistance live. Which was fucking amazing. I happened to organize the moshpits and wall of deaths and circle pits. Because people were very very pleased with the concert, but not much people knew the songs. But everyone wanted to mosh, so I kinda went around showing people wether to circle pit or wall of death at the proper times :P Which I really enjoyed. And the girls were perfect as always, kami band also, the set could've been longer though. But I felt it was a great success because I heard people talking before the concert and after and there was lot of scepticism, but after the concert everyone was just blown away. In the morning 200 people in Babymetal shirts, after the concert 2000 and more :P

Here's some video ^_^ I'm in the pit so the video is not mine :D

And other highlights ? Within Temptation --> Amazing !!! The Hives ---> Amazing !!! Faith no more, Limp Bizkit, Incubus, Danko Jones, amazing live bands !!!

I was very pleased about the festival. Everything was expensive so I didn't buy shit, and sun was shining like a bitch (i came home red, because I thought I wouldn't need a suncream[it was very painful to mosh]) but the experience was amazing. 230€ is fucking a lot though so I might look for something cheaper next time ^_^

• Like 6

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

very cool and very good quality :P Different concert though :D

I would recommend watching this guys !

• Like 1

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

Intermediate Lead - 86.88%, 58 streak

It does not have anything really tough, but it's a lot of complicated things.

Advanced Bass - 97.68%, 269 streak

Very fun song. Though in the end I started to make some silly mistakes.

Moshpits, lol :lol: . I remember when good old polish rock band played in my town, and some kids decided to do those mosh stuff, frontman stopped singing and said they won't continue until the crowd start acting normally :lol: Great guy :)

• Like 8

@ that scares me, idk what I would do if that kind of aggresive and fast thrash metal became boring to me. Dont get me wrong, I like other kinds of music, but thats been my bread and butter for the 22 years ive been alive.

@@Mortalo I need to go get a time machine and see what I was thinking then :/ I dont think I tested v2 though. Then again, I think I selected that before we had stuff like Orion and Domination, I've also played that one tricky riff so much its second nature.

I do believe its the hardest of the bass songs though, if that helps :)

You're awesome at what you do

• Like 2

Many nice scores on all songs :)

Guys if i choose every week a other class and arragement, i can't get the Die Hard Men Trophy right ?

So the thing is.. I want to try Masterclass Death Angel on Rhythm, the last week i did Intermediate Rhythm. So if i want to get the Die Hard Men Trophy, i need do play the same difficulty and the arrangement for 4 weeks straight ?

One thing i quit don't understand is the level up and level down thingy. If i choose to play Intermediate Rhythm and get 100% i automatically level up to Advanced Rhythm right ? What if i continue to play at Intermediate Rhythm ?

And if i choose Masterclass from the beginning and play 4 weeks straight or even get 100% on one song. These Level ups and downs are maybe useless ? Please correct me if i'm wrong.

What exactly do i achieve by getting level ups ?

@@Rodman - If the guitar only/bass only combo has been done before, maybe it would make sense to switch the "Only Bass Songs" tab of the SSL to something for songs that are either guitar only or bass only. I know I'd like to see some of those bass only songs in the championship (and more often than just as fill-ins like Act Like You Know last week), but as I'm not a guitarist (and consequently often ignore guitar only CDLC, and wouldn't be able to judge their difficulty precisely anyways) I don't know of any good guitar only songs to pair them with.

@@then3verend - We played Set the World on Fire, not Domination. But some day...  :ph34r:

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@albatross213 It's hard to find guitar-only songs, thus we have bass-only (also bass classes has always hard time when songs are selected, so it can come in handy).

@@DevStereo You can play all songs you want to. And we would like you to do so. But you'll earn Die Hard Status only by playing songs in your class. Level-ups are here to provide fair competition. If participant gets too good in his class, he/she goes up (levels-up), to compete with participants of similiar skill (more or less).

@ You're bored with new thrash? Or old (classic) tracks bores you as well? You miss fresh air there?

• Like 2

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

1st try...

welcome to the world of pain....

http://i62.tinypic.com/6zyplh.jpg

great song, thx

RR - i hope i find time!!!

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

nope... could be better..

i´d love to be able to play that song... that is good for the CS :)

http://i61.tinypic.com/11ty8mt.jpg

• Like 3

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@@Rodman I`m too like to play this one (especially after tune the guitar in Eb, lazy to retune  :D )

I like outro part with hopo,  sit for a few hours in RR and try catching beat. And yet try to play via pedals, so needs to be changed tones in during play, not so easy as seems - work hands and foots in one time.

Have some score:

http://i.imgur.com/Rs9lZESl.jpg

• Like 6

@ You're bored with new thrash? Or old (classic) tracks bores you as well? You miss fresh air there?

at the age of 15-20 I just had enough of that stuff to get tired of it. Is there any difference between new and old?

I suspect it's the same old soup.

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@@then3verend - We played Set the World on Fire, not Domination. But some day...  :ph34r:

Cats outta the bag then :/

yeah ive been practicing that song

Well, that makes two of us! Hopefully it doesn't make for an anticlimactic battle where we both put out our best stuff when the week starts and then never improve. But I'm guessing we'll both have lots of motivation.

@@albatross213 It's hard to find guitar-only songs, thus we have bass-only (also bass classes has always hard time when songs are selected, so it can come in handy).

Really? 7 of the songs on the first page right now are guitar only. A quick search (filter lead or rhythm, sort by part) yields 57+ pages of lead only tracks, and from midpage of 175 (which will change over time, obviously) to partway through 208 are LR only, then presumably there will be some LRV ones somewhere further. That makes for 90 pages about 2,200 customs that are guitar only. A lot of those might also have other versions that include bass, but that's still a lot more than the bass only tracks (filtering for lead or rhythm removes 32 pages, so about 800 customs).

And since in the end the songs will be either guitar only or bass only, it will be easy enough to sort it to find they type that you want (if you sort by bass difficulty you'll either have bass only above all guitar only or vice versa).

Edit: LRV and LV make up pages 474 through 510, R makes up 510 through 515, not sure where RV is, but that makes it at least 130 pages or so. Point is, about a quarter of the songs on here are guitar only (in hindsight, the small sample size of the first page actually would have worked out pretty well!).

Edited by albatross213

@ the newer stuff is tighter for sure.

but I am selecting bands that were also known in the 80s.

Modern Death Angel seems to have much better vocals as well. Thrash has come a long way since the "lets see how fast we can play" era has died. Don't get me wrong it's still fast but I hear more than just a blues scale being implemented and used in modern songs. Pantera kind of introduced the breakdown and groove that the modern stuff has today. It's also easier to discern the rise and fall of the climaxes in the music than the older stuff.

A modern slayer clone today would be Evile and they have their own formula seperate from these groups.

then again, I'm that young frustrated demographic that genre appeals to.

Many nice scores on all songs :)

Motive is right. If you can hear guitar or bass on a song, then we expect to have that paths available. Unfinished cdlc, without some path does not qualify as "bass only" or "guitar only". There is only an exception to some non-guitar genres of music, where guitar is hard to come by and has very minor role.

• Like 1

at the age of 15-20 I just had enough of that stuff to get tired of it. Is there any difference between new and old?

I suspect it's the same old soup.

Haha, so it's good that I'm not listening to too much music.

@ - I don't follow thrash particularly closely, but there's some good stuff that's different from the heyday of thrash. From what I've heard Vektor is rather unique (they tune up! Among other things) and really cool, though I don't always like the vocals. Black Future (I'd link you the youtube, but...) has some really cool parts. And I don't think I'd call them thrash, but Nevermore also has some really cool thrashy stuff (Poison Godmachine, Narcosynthesis, The Psalm of Lydia, parts of This Godless Endeavor [the song, if that's not clear]).

@, @@Mortalo - I guess I can accept that decision, though I'm not sure I really agree with it (possible reasons below). What's the rationale behind it?

My reasons for not really liking it:

1) Some songs that have bass have ridiculously incorrect bass, though they shouldn't make the championship. I don't see why we would filter out perfectly good CDLC from even being considered when other crap can pass through that same filter.

2) What constitutes an unfinished song? If there are 5 guitar tracks, do they all need to be in the CDLC for it to be considered finished? If not, why not? What if a song has multiple solos but is missing the tabs for one of them?

3) With things as they currently are MC bass often gets relatively boring/unchallenging songs for our skill level, and this often extends down to advanced bass getting songs below their class level. Since I started (week 78), advanced bass has had 9/13 songs below advanced rating, while MC bass has had 5 songs below MC rating. Contrast this with lead guitar, which has had appropriately rated songs at these classes every time except for one advanced song. Allowing us to link any DLCs that don't have both guitar and bass together would allow for more flexibility in our song choice and help get some more appropriate linking between guitar and bass difficulty.

Anyway, I gotta go. Sorry if I'm being a pain.