Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 90

Ok, folks, big announcment coming:

For long time we were trying to force to play and stay in your classes. Wins, Rodman's Ranking and Die Hard Status were big incentives to keep you participating in your class, even if there is a song you dislike. But we ventured to the distant lands, we talked to some hobbits and we realized that we were doing something wrong. We realized that we left some people out of fun. Cause if you didn't cared about classes, you were simply forgotten. Awards are visible indication of being part of the community, and we know that in certain circumstances, in current way, some participants can be left with no chance for award. That had to change. And that changes now! I'm happy to introduce new award, the "Free Bird Award"! So what's the catch? This award will be earned only by "Free Bird" participants (after 2 weeks played, and taken after 2 weeks missed). In order to become you will have to give up all bonuses of being part of a class (victories, ranking places and DHM). But you will be able to play whichever song you want each week. Important - it applies to all paths at the same time.

FreeBird Participant rules:
0. FreeBird can`t to get any victories, crown trophies (Rodman' Ranking) and DHM (Die Hard Member)

1. Newcomer get's FBA (FreeBird Award) after participating 2 weeks in a row, if he/she did not choosed the class.
2. FBA is taken away if participant fails to post score two weeks in a row.

3. Regular participants are allowed to leave class and become FreeBird at any time.
3a. All awards are taken away.
3b. Name is moved to list "Free bird" under own class (same column, CCL)
4. Participant is allowed to return to his class (or higher) at any time.
5. Every Freebirds score is placed in class list as "0" (in separated rows), and if he/she return to their class, then marks are moved as well with name and "->>" symbol, to give auto DHM (score is 4 weeks in row, one miss allowed)
6. In leaderboard FreeBirds names are marked grey and ~

Hope some of you will enjoy it. I'm staying with my class, but you'll free to become a bird :)

Now, let's start week 90.

READ THIS FIRST =>> How and Why to Join the Championships
Read this second =>> Rocksmith 2014 Championship Rules

Last weeks winners:

Lead:
Beginner: @@Bruce Force
Intermediate: @@Rodman
Advanced: @@renar
Masterclass: @@Latsch

Rhythm:
Beginner: @@franfit
Intermediate: @@Rodman
Advanced: @@fiddlesticks
Masterclass: N/A

Bass:
Beginner: N/E
Intermediate: @

Advanced: @@genobadass
Masterclass: @@then3verend

Chris Squire Tribute: @@Aludog

Congrats to all the winners.

Honorably mentioned for scoring 100% are @@axary, @@Bentron, @@genobadass, @@missis sumner, @@NoonyDeloony and @ in Intermediate Bass. Very well!

You want some videos? Here ya go: @'s

and @@renar's

The songs for this week are:

Lead Path:

Beginner: Knorkator - All That She Wants (Is Another Baby) (Chosen by @@Rodman )
Intermediate: Buckethead - Asylum of Glass (Chosen by @@blejusca )

(Motive's version)
Advanced: Jethro Tull - To Cry You A Song (Chosen by @@Aludog )

Masterclass: Death Angel - Don't Save Me  (Chosen by @@then3verend )

Rhythm Path:

Beginner: N/A
Intermediate: Jethro Tull - To Cry You A Song
Advanced: N/A
Masterclass: Death Angel - Don't Save Me

Bass Path:

Beginner: Knorkator - All That She Wants (Is Another Baby)
Intermediate: Buckethead - Asylum of Glass

(Motive's version)
Advanced: Jethro Tull - To Cry You A Song
Masterclass: Death Angel - Don't Save Me

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Honorable list Diehard men:

Playing in their class 4 weeks in row, one pass allowed.

P.s. Please, see changes in Championship Class Lists!

Have a great week!

• Like 7

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Oh my god - have been waiting for Knorkator forever!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Death Angel on bass has moments that are more difficult than anything on Tull song, but I truly wanted Tull on Advanced, as it's great and you will like it :)

Buckethead is not that bad, will be fun to learn it.

• Like 2

Bass-wise, I've just got 98% on Knorkator, 94% on Buckethead and 89% on Jethro Tull.  How I didn't get levelled down on Tull, I don't know.  Still I like it and I think the bass songs are in the right order, obviously I haven't played MC. :)

Oh, and I don't think I'll be using the Freebird option this week. :D

• Like 4

Jethro Tull, nice!

Bonus points if you play standing on only one foot :D

• Like 3

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Second play was actually worse than the first.  It's not often that happens, but I am tired, and the threat of having three XXXs was hanging over my head.  Still, at least I made it through the song.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKQzBrVmV3T2Q2WVk/view?usp=sharing

Some riff repeatery needed I think.

• Like 4

@@missis sumner I can't see it :lol: You need to give us permission to :P

@@Nacholede You've just got unlucky streak, it will pass :) Except Intermediate, I truly believe that RNG will never allow that disrespectful thingy on my duty :P

• Like 2

Seeing as I haven't been able to buy a point in eight weeks, I'll give Freebird a try.  That will save me from whining like a wounded dog about needing to drop back to intermediate bass.

Time is limited this week, but I'll get you some test results.

• Like 4

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

In first for Free Bird.  This week I'm playing bass on Hard to Handle by Otis Redding.  The version doesn't have DD and RR is all one section, but I could slow it down to pick up the riffs.  My score came up as 98.88%, but I still hear a lot of room for improvement in timing.  The song is simple enough for me to aim for 100% in master mode by the end of the week.

Given that the FB rules are deliberately nonrestrictive, I'll explain how I plan to play.

• I'll focus on bass (not a surprise)
  • I'll focus on one song per week and try to master it in the same way as player in a class
  • I'll try to pick a song for which I already own a legitimate licensed copy on vinyl or CD

Of course all other FBs should play as they please.  That is the point.

• Like 1

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

Second play was actually worse than the first.  It's not often that happens, but I am tired, and the threat of having three XXXs was hanging over my head. 

Happens to me constantly actually and I'm not sure why. Probably because I can't focus the same a second time around and mess up more often.  <_<

Anyway, I also wanted to mention that "To Cry You A Song" has a bonus lead arrangement as well that's a bit different and which contains the other solo sections of the lead guitar. It doesn't have the last solo though (the one played through a leslie speaker) so it's probably not the one we wanna play for the CS. I just thought some of you may want to try that as well.

And I should really try do make at least one run on this, so I can say, I participated this week.  :unsure:

• Like 4

that's fun to play 

now I can rate one of my own customs  :D

Knorkator - All That She Wants

Lead

diflev 3

quality is quite perfect. tab, sync + tones are all 10 here

http://up.picr.de/22504281vl.jpg

Bass is also fun, dl 2

tab 10, sync 10, tones 8

the tone fits well but I'm not really happy with

http://up.picr.de/22504285mq.jpg

• Like 6
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@@2groggy You got it wrong :) You still have to play one of the songs selected for this week :)

So, some first impressions and ratings on the bass tracks for these songs:

Knorkator: I still kind of suck at playing reasonably fast riffs with lots of fretting changes on a single string and making them sound good, so I might call it a 3. Then again, Rocksmith doesn't really care if you sound good so long as you hit the notes, so 2's probably good. Either way, it definitely fits in beginner.

Tab: Seemed great for the most part. I think there were a few places where there were sustains on short (eighth) notes that seemed unnecessary. 9.5

Sync: About the amount of perfects and such I'd expect on these types of riffs as on an official DLC. Spot checked a few sections at 50% speed and everything seemed spot on. 10

Tone: Kind of hard to judge, as I can't really isolate the bass in the original track in my head. Seems good for a "heavy bass" type tone, though. 7-9?

Buckethead: There's one pretty tricky riff, but the rest isn't too bad, and some time on riff repeater should help with that. Low level intermediate of 4 seems fair.

Tab: Don't remember any notes that struck me as glaringly off or anything like that. Didn't spot-check all of the faster rhythms, but they seemed good. Main criticism would be that several off the riffs (especially the ones that start with E10-10-10-...-9-7-5) would be a lot easier if they made use of more strings. 8-ish, but I might want to check back more carefully on some things before giving a final score.

Sync: Seemed pretty good. Spot checked at 50% speed in a few places and all looked pretty good, though probably not perfect. 9 or so.

Tone: I don't know what's up with this tone. The tone in the song seems pretty normal on bass, not nearly so echo-y. This tone diminishes my enjoyment of the song as it. 4?

Jethro Tull: Cool song, with pretty much no boring parts at all. Slightly tricky to get down everything outside of the solo sections, but not too bad - based on these parts alone I'd probably rate 5 on difficulty. The solo sections get a lot more busy and involved and will definitely require some time in RR to perfect. I don't see any problem in bumping this up to a 7 (true advanced) based on these sections, but I wouldn't protest if it rated as a 6 either.

Tab: Seemed pretty much perfect. There are a few things that I might move around on to different strings were this my custom, but I don't think my way would be objectively better than @@Aludog's. 10

Sync: Again, seemed pretty much perfect. About the usual proportion of perfects, goods and the like that I'd expect on riffs like these on official songs. Spot checked a few places at 50% and they looked spot on. 10

Tone: Seems quite good. I wouldn't say it's an absolutely perfect match (i.e. to the point where if you played the two tones for me I wouldn't be able to distinguish them), but if this were mine I'd say it's more than good enough for me to not fiddle with things any more. 8-9.

And after some time in RR:

http://i.imgur.com/iS5EVhA.jpgPretty sure it was one miss in the first solo section. If this were in my class I'd definitely go for the 100%, but since it isn't I'll probably just let it stand pat.

I'll get to Death Angel soon.

• Like 8

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

starting with my pick of course.

Ace of Base forever!!!

Thx @Fripp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i62.tinypic.com/smyi9y.jpg

• Like 4

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@@2groggy You got it wrong :) You still have to play one of the songs selected for this week :)

Fair enough.  I'll still play Free Bird :D

• Like 1

@@MaZtoR You missed bonus lead at Jethro :)

I too like this. fair to say, at first run i unlike, and feel that boring, but after a few restart i started like :)

My suggestion add more effect to phaser, and a bit volume for this tone. It could be  more interesting sounds and more fun to play, Now for me rate for tone 8.

Notes seems 10 (good position, not hear missed notes), sync too 10. Very good custom, thanks to @@Aludog, as always great work. :)

And my score:

http://i.imgur.com/n4sxZupl.jpg

p.s. I take Freebird class. So hope in Advanced class will fair hot battle for first place. Good luck. :)

• Like 7