EOF Tip For Manually Inputting Notes / Chords Faster

Mostly Rancid

I'm sure most of you know this but just in case.

If you manually inputting notes / chords it can be quite time consuming but I have found a quick method for inputting notes and chords. Say you want a row of C chords and you already have a C chord to start with. Just right click wherever you want a C chord as many times as you need (  any string it doesn't matter ) and when your done select all the single notes and use ctrl click and add the C chord to your selection. Press N and it will automatically show the C chord in the input box so you can just click OK and all notes will change to C , no need to enter the frets manually. If you know a quicker way please share :)

• Like 2

That's probably the fastest way to do that specific task, the edit pro guitar note dialog will show the details of the last selected note (ie. the one you CTRL+click).

I wish I knew that a few songs ago lol! It would be nice if there was a shortcut for the basic chords in edit pro note dialog.

• 3 weeks later...

If I could choose a shortcut it would be that when you pressed N on a note you could have a drop down box of most of the used chords.

Without a plan for how to determine what chords to display it would probably be a list of all chords that already exist in the track. This would clutter up that dialog some more though and it's already packed full with checkboxes, radio buttons and input fields.

If I could choose a shortcut it would be that when you pressed N on a note you could have a drop down box of most of the used chords.

Without a plan for how to determine what chords to display it would probably be a list of all chords that already exist in the track. This would clutter up that dialog some more though and it's already packed full with checkboxes, radio buttons and input fields.

No worries , I was just being my usual lazy self :)++++++++++++