Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 89

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=477878174

I am having to rest 10 minutes between plays of this. Small improvement. I'm sure if I could handle a plec' I'd get the 99.N% that everyone else seems to be managing with ease, but plec's, they're like kryptonite to me... mehhhh :(

Yo - there is no pleck no more in mi tortured ´ands here - fingered it says!!!! :)

• Like 3

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Guys i've put up 2 Songs to the Song Slection List. There's one thing with the ratings, my ratings aren't somehow precise. Because i'm still a beginner, if i play a song and it's hard for me to keep up. Then others say maybe it's an easy one to play. I would rate it at 5-7 or something like that and then the others would probably rate it at 3. If someone could overtake my ratings for the Song List i would be really happy. I don't want people to think that i overrated it or something like that. [emoji28]

So Songs like "Linkin Park - Given Up" at Lead is a 4 for me, or "Three Days Grace - Gone Forever" a 6.

Still i'll try to be as accurate as possible.

And yeah Bass i can't rate this one, mainly because i've never played Bass yet.

Best Community ever, thank you guys [emoji4]

• Like 5

announcement:

-= Quality Rating for CS songs - approved quality customs =-

@ has been pushing the quality rating for the songs we play here (thx!!!!), so we´ve put some together regarding that:

There is a new sheet in Song Selection List <----link called CD CDLC Rating

http://i57.tinypic.com/2njcbxv.jpg

together with the difficulty ratings, now there are quality ratings in 3 categories for each path of each song played: tab, sync and tones can be rated from 1(legendary bad) to 10 (perfect) each, and an average is calculated.

Please feel encouraged to add your ratings (if you are the first just fill in the box, and leave your name under comments, or add your opinion right (like diff ratings in SSL))

So at the end of the week we will hopefully have ratings for each song and we decided to categorise

"CS - approved high quality CDLC" for rate 8.6-10,

"CS - approved quality CDLC" for rate 7-8.5

which will be posted to the customs thread along with the diff. ratings (as before), and the results are gonna be stored in "songs from the past"

http://i57.tinypic.com/2m4yec6.jpg

Please keep on discussing quality opinions and issues here...

As @ is one of the men with the real ears here, he is gonna try to keep track of that, but he cannot do that alone, so please assist to help creating a CS - approved quality CDLC list.

• Like 8

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

Advanced Rhythm - 94%, 171 streak

I probably didn't hit any note on the 1st 2 bars, luckily is did not leveled me down. Hurray!

• Like 4

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

I did a rating of Act like you know, but I rated the version from mat7tch1, because it's the version in the list and Motive's version is not in the database.

difficulty is 8 or 9 caused by the bad tab and worse sync (was there any?)

Qality: tab 6 (very unhandy position with any faults)

sync 3 (groove impossible)

tone 7 

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Well, that was kind of frustrating...

http://i.imgur.com/W0Aorv0.jpg

After one miss I had the big streak... and then I started getting sweaty. Not just my hands, but I also had little rivulets going down my legs! Dew point is 72 degrees (24 for you non-americans... assuming we don't have any Liberians on this thread) and climbing in the wake of a thunderstorm, so that's probably it. I have a window AC unit, so I think it's time to get that going so I'll have better luck the next time. Some of the drop-off might have also been due to fretting hand fatigue, but I'd say a good 80% of it was just sweat causing me to slip off of the strings. 

I think this is going to be one of those songs where I really feel like I should be able to 100% it but won't ever get there. Probably would give it a 7 or so on difficulty. There are only a few riffs, mostly without variations, and these riffs aren't terribly tricky in and of themselves (if the song were 3 or 4 minutes long I'd probably give it a 6). The length of the song makes it something of an exercise in endurance and concentration, though.

The sync is definitely seemed improved. Pretty much every miss I knew I'd done something wrong this time around.

• Like 4

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

This run's probably the best I'm going to get for now (numb/tired fingers).  Oddly, it's not my highest score (only by 10k points or so), but almost double my next best streak and over a percent better on accuracy.  It's hard to tell what exactly it is, but I'm going to assume just bad timing.  I'm still not playing as fast or as cleanly as I'd like, but I'm not sure speed is something I can improve too much more on in the next couple days.

It would be nice if the game had a DDR style breakdown of perfect/good/early/late/missed notes at the end.  It's a bit hard to keep track of them popping up on the edges of the screen while playing.  Would also be nice if RR were as strict about timing as score attack is.

http://i.imgur.com/7IJVIQa.jpg

• Like 6

Oddly, it's not my highest score (only by 10k points or so), but almost double my next best streak and over a percent better on accuracy.  It's hard to tell what exactly it is, but I'm going to assume just bad timing.

Your score depends very much on where your misses are (in terms of your score multiplier) while your % accuracy does not. Any miss sets you back to the last checkpoint (x1, x5, x10, x25, x50), so if you miss a note at x26, you pretty much only lose an x1 on the next several notes, whereas if you miss a note at x49, you lose x24 on the oncoming notes. So it's basically not at all a problem if you miss a note just after a checkpoint, but if you miss one just before it can be a huge deal. Chances are it's this and not that your timing became dramatically worse.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Your score depends very much on where your misses are (in terms of your score multiplier) while your % accuracy does not. Any miss sets you back to the last checkpoint (x1, x5, x10, x25, x50), so if you miss a note at x26, you pretty much only lose an x1 on the next several notes, whereas if you miss a note at x49, you lose x24 on the oncoming notes. So it's basically not at all a problem if you miss a note just after a checkpoint, but if you miss one just before it can be a huge deal. Chances are it's this and not that your timing became dramatically worse.

Huh, good to know.  I somehow never noticed the checkpoint system.  Usually my scores would correlate mostly with accuracy (or timing if I'm hitting 100% already), so I guess I never paid much attention to how the multiplier worked.  Thanks  :)

• Like 1

Great score!!!! - 38 runs ... do you like the tune already? :P

• Like 1

Huh, good to know.  I somehow never noticed the checkpoint system.  Usually my scores would correlate mostly with accuracy (or timing if I'm hitting 100% already), so I guess I never paid much attention to how the multiplier worked.  Thanks  :)

Yeah - as long as you are not in a 100% battle - forget the score!

7 is not bad, for me the tone from old version sounded similar. Could be a bit compression on it to make it more expressive.

It fits well but not perfect. Maybe 8?

http://up.picr.de/22489906ti.jpg

• Like 4
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png