My save keep getting corrupt

Itachi

Question

Hi guys since yesterday my save is corrupt so i try to repair it with the custom game toolkit but i got an error 

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/27/1436001715-sans-titre.png

And when i use the statalog and search for this custom no one got the same code so i don't know what to do actually if someone could help me and would be very nice :)

12 answers to this question

• Developer

@Itachi 

CDLC that has GUID ending with D67E41 has corrupted your game save by inserting garbage (extra text) into your save profile.  If you search your CDLC folder using "Statalog" and do not find any CDLC ending with D67E41 then the corrupt CDLC has already been removed by CGT or yourself.  You may find a new folder "Corrupt CDLC" in your root directory or in the CGT "statalog/quarantined" subfolder (depending on which version of CGT you are using) that contains the culprit.

I have developed a custom repair feature for CGT Game Save Gigbox for just such a case as yours but it is still in Beta test.  I will PM you more details.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@Itachi 

CDLC that has GUID ending with D67E41 has corrupted your game save by inserting garbage (extra text) into your save profile.  If you search your CDLC folder using "Statalog" and do not find any CDLC ending with D67E41 then the corrupt CDLC has already been removed by CGT or yourself.  You may find a new folder "Corrupt CDLC" in your root directory or in the CGT "statalog/quarantined" subfolder (depending on which version of CGT you are using) that contains the culprit.

I have developed a custom repair feature for CGT Game Save Gigbox for just such a case as yours but it is still in Beta test.  I will PM you more details.

The only things i don't understand is why my save even if i create a new one is still getting corrupted even if the cdlc got remove

• Developer

"The only things i don't understand is why my save even if i create a new one is still getting corrupted even if the cdlc got remove"  Make sure you completely rename/delete or move the localprofiles.json and all *_prfldb files if you are going to go this route.  Also be sure to run the CGT, CDLC Manager option to find any remaining corrupt CDLC that may not have been found by the Repair option.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

I've gotten the same issue recently and after following some steps here I am running the repair tool.

However, it seems to be taking a long time (perhaps due to the volume of data/songs ive played).

Does it usually take a long time to repair a profile?

Edit: I did find one bad cdlc file and removed it. I re-ran the statalog and "repaired" the profile but the game still told me it was corrupt. I went ahead and started over for now but am hoping to learn the proper way to fix it in the future.

Any tips or help would be appreciated!

Thanks

• Like 1

There is one thing that always helps me with corrupted profiles: find a profile file, right-click a file and choose properties, there is a old-versions tab (NTFS fs saves old copies of files), than you restore to a version that a bit older. But I got such errors only in case of electricity switching off or other failures.

• Like 1

Rocksmith 2014 Championship
Leaderboards
Song selection
Class List
Rank

Signature stolen with minimal changes from @MaZtoR :)

• Developer

Does it usually take a long time to repair a profile?

Edit: I did find one bad cdlc file and removed it. I re-ran the statalog and "repaired" the profile but the game still told me it was corrupt. I went ahead and started over for now but am hoping to learn the proper way to fix it in the future.

How many songs?  If over 1000 it could take awhile, depending on you processor and OS, but shouldn't take more than 20 minutes.  When you ran repair do you receive any new error messages?  If not this is good.  Next you should run Sync since you removed a corrupt song.  This will repackage your user profile and optimize it for the songs that you do have.  If you are still having problems you can try the advanced repair options.  Check one box at a time and retry Repair  and then test the user profile in the game.  Do this until you have all of the advanced repair boxes checked.  Stop repair once the user profile is working in the game.

If you are still having trouble you can PM me the link to your rar/zip user profile that you post on either Google or Dropbox.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Cozy 1.

I do believe that I did NOT get any new error message after repair, just a timeout sort of thing. I am indeed running over 1000 tracks maybe 1200 or so AND have an older processor. Perhaps it was those factors combined. I do believe I already synced though, and I also tried the advanced options to no avail (likely because the repair didnt follow through completion).

Since I have a new profile now I'm going to proceed with caution and if this ever comes up again I'll use your comments as a guide.

Thanks again!

Not trying to hijack your post or anything but im trying to transfer my profile from one pc to the other. I downloaded the CGT and did backup on the profile(s) i want transfered to my new PC, I then tried to transfer them and they are not showing up in game...ive tried making a blank new profile and switching the Profile ID to the one my backup generated but nothing. the only time i got the names to show up is when i typed in the Profile ID for the NEW profile i made. the names showed up but when i click on them it just creates a new profile and starts the tutorial. If I just transfer the profiles over and dont change the Profile ID nothing shows up in game. ><

What am I doing wrong here? probly something stupid im overlooking. Would really appreciate it. Thanks!

This utility always resulted in my save file becoming corrupt so I wrote a startup script to backup the necessary files to an external hard drive every time I turn my computer on, this has worked well for me because I can just revert my save file to yesterday's in the event it does become corrupt.

Here's the script, just make sure to change M: to the drive letter of your choice and make sure the Rocksmith/backup folder exists there and then throw the script into your startup folder.

for /f "tokens=1* delims=" %%a in ('date /T') do set datestr=%%a
mkdir %datestr%
XCOPY /is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\42602112\221680" "M:\Rocksmith\backup\%datestr%"

I'm planning to alter it at some point to also delete backups older than seven days.

• Like 2

• Developer

To say that this utility (CGT) has always resulted in your save file becoming corrupt is utter nonsense.  In fact CGT has been used to recovered 100% of recoverable corrupt games saves.  You can send your corrupt game save here for recovery.

There are many easy ways to make backups of games save files, so you are ready when shit happens ...

CGT>Games Saves>Backup

CSFM>UserProfiles>Backup