Invites & Participation

Aludog

Hey guys,

Just a quick suggestion. If everyone of you could invite some CF members who you think or know are into Prog, invite them, so we can increase our numbers and get some discussions going.

I'll try to find some more charters that have already released tunes from Progressive Rock/Metal bands, so we can coordinate with them and maybe even get collaborations going. If you stumble upon any of them, be sure to invite them. :D

Also, feel free to participate in the already available topics and post about your favorite Prog artists and your current playlists. I'm already preparing my posts but it takes a while to collect all the info, links and create a handy playlist for you to check out. :D

Cheers,

Aludog

• Like 3

I've invited quite of bunch of charters today and some have already accepted the invite (thanks, guys), so hopefully we'll increase our member count with that. Don't forget to invite anyone who could be interested. The more the merrier. :)

• 5 months later...

Many thanks to Aludog for this group and his other contributions.....check out his great bass guitar tutorials if you want a challenge and a way to improve your playing drastically.  For this topic, I am plugging Porcupine Tree and Steven Wilson's new album "Hand Cannot Erase." It's an instant progrock classic....no affillation here....I just love the music. Also, Genesis (from 1983) is under-represented here.....Home By the Sea, Mama, That's All, Turn it on Again, etc. 

• Like 1

stranded on the sea of Strat.....rescued many years ago by the Jazz Bass

I have downloaded the CDLC creation tool, and will put together a bass CDLC for Hand Cannot Erase by Steven Wilson as soon as feasible. Others have offered to help me create this, which I can play 100% through an amp...but I want to share it with the rest of you.

• Like 1

stranded on the sea of Strat.....rescued many years ago by the Jazz Bass

• 1 month later...

I really want to thank all the great artists who create and share their customs. Every time I sit down to work on a CDLC I really get frustrated so I'm extremely grateful to all of you who contribute and share. You all have made my hobby of playing bass so enjoyable. I remember the days in the 80's when I was lucky to get 1 to 5 tabbed songs a month to learn from Magazines. Now, thanks to you all there's an unlimited amount of songs to choose from. THANK YOU ALL!

• Like 1

I've fallen off of the custom creation scene for quite a while now.  Working on PCs all day for my job, I get home and don't even want to look at one, even to play RS.  I spend most of my free time watching TV, plinking on a guitar or my cello.
Today is the first day I've actually perused the forums in several months.  I'm glad that everyone is keeping Prog/Metal alive in the CDLC list.  I can't believe there were TWO Dream Theater customs released the same day as their new album, The Astonishing.  Kudos for the work on those!

• Haha 1

Sometimes I use big words that I don't completely understand, just to make myself seem more photosynthesis.