In short:

how:

36892325fv.jpg

why:

Cause the Championship is Good for You!

now start playing!

In longer:

First the How:

1. Play whichever song is up for the competition in its current week on either score attack hard or Learn A Song. If playing on Learn A Song please ensure that all sections are at max difficulty. The easiest way to do this is to open up Riff Repeater while in the song and select all sections and max them to 100%. 

2. Post a screenshot in the thread for the weekly championship that shows your ACCURACY. We do not look at the big yellow number we look for accuracy only. Score Attack is best for showing accuracy as it shows it to the nearest tenth. 
After post your score(s) you become participant. All very simple.

How to take and post a screen shot:
For steam users the easiest way to do this is to just press F12 at the screen you want to take the picture of. Steam offers its users 2gb of space to upload your pictures to so you can just take the picture through steam and upload it and and post the link on the forums. 

For Non Steam users: Press Print screen on the screen you want to take a picture of then open up Paint and paste the picture. You will then have to save this onto your computer (somewhere easy to find) and then upload it to a image hosting site and post the link. There are many of them out there so just run a search on google to find one. 

Now the why:

1. To have fun: This is the reason why myself and a majority of us play in the competition and it should be one of the main reasons why anyone wants to join. We are very laid back here and view all entrants to the competition as our peers. We want you all to enjoy yourself while playing in the competition.  

2. To improve your skills: A little friendly competition is great and we love seeing people in each class try to beat each other as that shows that they are focusing on learning guitar and learning to play songs. However please keep this as clean as possible as we do not want to scare anyone away or cause upset feelings and many times reading a post can have a negative effect on a person if it is not written correctly. Please use smileys and other emoticons to emote what you are trying to say so that people know its friendly banter. 

3. To meet and interact with others: Playing in the competition is a great way to meet new people and interact with them. We all started playing guitar because it was something we loved. Interacting with others who feel the same way is a great reason to play in the competition because it will motivate us to keep on. There were many times before i found the competitions that I got bored with the guitar and didn't see a reason to keep playing. Now the competition has helped me to want to keep playing and I love it for that. 

4. To play new songs and genres: This competition is great because it offers us a chance to play songs we may have never thought we would play. Many times I found myself playing a song that I would never have listened to before because i just didn't know about it and realized that hey the song is great and I want to hear more of the band. This helps us to expand our interests and our knowledge. 

Feel free to add your reasons to this post and I will add it to the reasons listed here. I love this competition and want to see as many people getting enjoyment from it as possible. Part of my enjoyment is seeing people get better and better as the weeks progress. Seeing people move up from beginner to intermediate to masterclass is what this championship is all about. Remember we are all human and are not perfect so we don't expect anyone who joins the competition to be perfect we just expect and hope that you all have fun.

If anyone has any questions or concerns or if they would like to give any suggestions please feel free to post them or PM me and I will be more than happy to help.
  • Like 14

I may make a new spreadsheet section which shows honorable mentions if someone scores a 100% or a high score on a song or something like that but since none of us have anything to do with the website and this is just for fun I don't think adding trophys or anything like that will be possible. Its a great idea and is a great incentive to join the championships but most of us who play the championships don't do it for recognition, we do it just for fun and to get better at playing guitar. 

• Like 2

I understand what you mean completely but you missed the part about us not having anything to do with this website as in development or modifications. I would love to see something like this but I wouldn't even know how to go about doing it and don't have access to the forums to do anything like that. Maybe we can talk with unleashed2k or an admin and see if they can set up something like that but I don't see it happening anytime soon. It is a great idea and one that I would love to see done, I just don't know if it can be done. Feel free to bring it to the attention of an admin on this site, maybe they might be able to answer your question better than I am. 

• 2 weeks later...

can someone help me I am trying to join the championships and have the image loaded to a site but everytime I try to load the lionk it just freezes im using postimage.org but I cant figure out howe to load the link and I feel stupid it just freezes when I  paste the link and hit paste

• 3 months later...

I had an idea that is a little bit like the trophies:

Just like we have the "Donator" indicator on the left, all players in the championship could have a sign saying:

"Championship level:

Beginner / Intermediate / Masterclass"

Since there seems to be an automated "group" and signs for the donators, maybe the google spreadsheet "class list" could be automatically read out and apply the users there to such groups.

Of course some programing is necessary there, but maybe this needs less effort than weekly trophies!

It would increase the motivation for moving up to the next level and increase the overall awareness of the championship in the community. The sign could even be a button, linking to the championship thread folder.

Greetings,

Azrael

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

@@Azrael

You can be in different levels depending instrument/role you play, so it could be messy when someone is in Lead Beg, Rhythm Int and Bass MC. Though overall idea is kinda cool.

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Yeah, that thought came to mind after my post...

I stepped up to Master Bass because the 100% were not really that hard to get, so I don't feel like it represents my skill level.

But for an automated script, you could define rules here as well, e.g. determine an average level:

I am intermediate in Lead and Rhythm, thus my average would be intermediate.

In case someone only participates in two roles (e.g. Lead Int and Bass MC but no Rhythm) you could agree on rounding up or down.

This way everything can be calculated by simple math and some scripting should not be too complicated :-)

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

I would love to be able to do this for you guys but I don't have access to the server or any access to adding mods to the site. I will relay these suggestions to the admins and see if something like this can be done. 

• Like 1

Here is another idea, simply stolen from your "staff" indicator :-)

Don't know how easy that would be to implement, but I like it^^

Posted Image

• Like 1

The original post says we can add our own reasons for being apart of this comp.

For me I really am competitive but it is not why I am doing this. I did it for focus. I have been playing the guitar for less than a year now and only seriously started playing more and more when RS2014 came out. I found out very early about people making songs to play such as a little know previous site to this and CF as well. I wanted to play everything....I am 38 and have enjoyed music as long as I can remember. Older brother is 6 years older than me so I grew up on Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer, Maiden and a long list I wont write. Got older and got into Pantera, Rush, Tool, Queensryche, Dream Theater and so on. I always enjoyed very skilled musicians and was an expert air guitarist(wasn't focused enough for the real thing then).

Long story short is I wanted to play everything, every note that was already ingrained in my head from 30+ years of being a die hard Metal fan. This contest allows me focus each week on a song or songs and play stuff I never would have played before...Scorpions and The Black Crows(from week 37 as I write) would never make it to my play list but The Black crows at beginner level isn't a cake walk which pushes me to learn the song even more which in turn helps me become a better player.

Bottom line is this helps focus your skills into a song for a week before moving onto the next while RS2014 missions will have you playing 10 songs in an hour.

• Like 4

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi guys, newbie here. I want to ask some questions I didn't find anywhere else:

• Is multi-posting allowed? What if I post my record on the topic but in the very next run I play better? Is editing a post allowed to avoid multi-posting?
  • How does accuracy work? I assume a perfect note is better than a good note for the "accuracy score", but is it right?

I'm sorry if I missed something. I tried to read everything about the championship but I found this site today and I absolutely wanted to join the game before this week's contest was over.