What are you currently listening to?

Aludog

Let's use this topic to share our current favorites and all the proggy goodness that we're listening to on repeat because we just can't get enough of it. I'm always on the lookout for great new progressive music and I often find myself looking through the progarchives database to find any old or new stuff that I can get into. Some of you might do the same and I think it makes sense to share our findings here and discuss our current favorites, may they be well known classics that we just got into again or something totally new that just blew us away.

I don't have a ton to post here at the moment, but I just discovered Ozric Tentacles recently (and bought a lot of their stuff), and I'm really digging them. Live at the Pongmaster's Ball is probably not a bad place to start. Lots of really cool basslines, so I'll probably try bringing some of their stuff to the Forge eventually.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Going to add a couple more things here.

First, The Aristocrats' new album seems pretty kickass. Going to have to give it a few more listens before I pass a final judgment, though. The Kentucky Meat Shower is a pretty fun song.

But the thing that really inspired me to come here is the Barock Project's new album. Never heard of these guys before I saw them on the "Popular Artists" list on progarchives yesterday, but I am loving this album. Roadkill and Spinning away are probably good tracks to start with, but you should really check the whole album out!  :D

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

The Aristocrats sound really interesting, I have to admit. When I saw the album cover I wasn't sure what to expect but their style is very unique, no doubt about it.

Regarding BarockProject: Does the following say it all?

http://i.imgur.com/ch4jikHl.png

That's what I got for buying "Skyline". :D

So, I agree; awesome album, awesome band. "Spinning Away" and "Overture" are already on my list for future transcription projects. It'll be five string bass arrangements but that's ok with me.

• Like 1

I'm listening to Sweet Billy Pilgrim, it has some definite old school prog moments in it, but I guess it would fit more appropriately in Psych Folk genre overall.

I would suggest anyone to listen to brazilian prog rock band A Barca do Sol, from the 70s, it's highly refined stuff like Gentle Giant.

• Like 2