Custom Collaboration

Aludog

I have been thinking a while now about what I want to do next and I'm kind of itching to do another big project but I'm definitely gonna need some help with this.

I want to work on Part 1 & 2 of Mike Oldfield's "Tubular Bell". It's such a classic and one of the albums that got me into Progressive Rock, especially the one that works with extended, slowly developing compositions.

For now, I'll work on transcribing the bass for Part 1 but I hope that someone is interested in working on the guitar arrangement. There's a midi file for all of Part 1 that could be of use (and I plan on using it whenever necessary) but it's going to be quite some work nonetheless.

If someone wants to help out, then just let me know and we can talk about the process in detail.

Small update: I'm at the ten minute mark now with my bass transcription for "Tubular Bells (Part 1)". As soon as Part 1 is done, I'm going to create a test version and let you guys have at it. I'm also going to post the GP file in case anyone wants to transcribe the guitar parts.

I'm not sure yet if I want to combine Part 1 and 2 into one long custom or if I want to keep them separate. There's no real need to combine them but it would be cool to play the whole thing all at once. :D

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

I think it would be fine to have the whole thing in one piece so long as it's sectioned so that it's reasonably easy to skip to certain parts of the song using RR. And it's not like the two parts on their own aren't really long anyway.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

The only issue with long songs is that you need to have a lot of sections and that bugs out the section display, so selecting the section you want gets really difficult. :(

I think I'll try and do both, one big combi version and two separate versions for the individual parts.

I just finished my bass transcription for Part 1 because the long outro is just a simple repeated pattern, so that was five minutes of the track done immediately. I'm going to build a test version and post it tomorrow. :D

• Like 1