Requesting help with varying BPM

cdeath

Question

So one of the main reasons I got into custom Rocksmith songs was because I was interested in trying to map out a couple of my own songs in the game just for fun. Recently I've spent some time putting together a reasonable representation of one of my songs in Guitar Pro.

When played in Guitar Pro it sounds pretty accurate, but when I import the GP5 file into Editor On Fire it seems to have a tough time with the BPM changes. Everything seems pretty good up until the first BPM change, then it gets all wonky. I've tried messing around with stretching the sections but that doesn't seem to be the answer.

I'm wondering if I'm missing something or if this is a common difficulty mapping out songs for Rocksmith with varying BPMs? Anybody have some words of wisdom for me?

6 answers to this question

if it's about gp and bpm changes import, it vvon't vvork, you  could use GPA(go play along) softvvare to manually sync tabs to the music, and that's faster than playing around vvith midi export\import or creating beatmap in EOF, I had hard times vvith Tool songs, since there is no clear bpm changes and I must to sync all by ear or old songs, like Loveme tender by Elvis, It's played roughly and I'm syncing every chord in EOF, damn

maybe I'll be on GPA side one day, but not today :D

Select the beat where it goes off sync, in the upper menu choose Beat > BPM Change, insert the new BPM ---> Profit.

More often than not however, you are going to need to manually adjust beats to keep the sync, since human drummers can't keep a perfect tempo all the time.

Well I have a bit of an advantage where I'm doing my own songs, the drums are programmed and I know the exact BPM and where it changes. I have manually changed the BPM with EOF but it still doesn't line up properly. When I was using Guitar Pro I had some issues getting the bars lined up properly, and I tried using the Bar Arranger tool and it fixed things right up. Maybe that is where I went astray? I think I noticed some sections where the BPM changes were imported and all messed up (stuff like 174.23, 185.46) but that was later in the song and I was still concentrating on getting the first few parts synced up so I haven't investigated that further yet.

I will try out this GPA program but now I'm wondering if it's really the Guitar Pro file that needs to be fixed before I go any farther.

• Administrator

GP bpm and bar adjustement aren't imported into EOF so your issue is with EOF only.

In EOF what exactly happen when you manually change the BPM? (screenshot are really cool for that)

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

If you want to import tempo changes from a GP file, you have to have Guitar Pro export the tablature as a MIDI file, import that MIDI into EOF to get the tempo changes, and then import the GP file into EOF. It's hard to know when a GP file is truly in sync, because it doesn't allow you to play the recorded audio along with the tablature like EOF does.