Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 88

Just to point out, @@Nacholede fixed those errors in less than a day too.

But I've had similar issues with blindingly fast tapping in A Fine Day To Die(I tested that for months because of it). I just think that the raw speed combined with the picky detection of Rocksmith(just be glad it isn't like Guitar Hero where you'd have to "pluck" the string again if you missed one note) makes it pretty difficult to pull off. Then again, I know I can get it to sound like the solo, but now I'm forced to doing it right.

Many nice scores on all songs :)

First time participant here, bass only.  I had assumed I'd be in the beginner's bracket for sure, but I think getting 100% accuracy on Fields of Gold would bump me up next week anyway (according to the rules sticky)?  So I grabbed Twist My Arm too and worked on it a bit.  If both songs are representative as far as difficulty, I guess I'm entering the intermediate bracket instead.  

Anyway, the screenshots....

http://i.imgur.com/HQaEdM5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/84rqnhA.jpg

I'm definitely flubbing my way through parts Twist My Arm despite the 93% accuracy, so still tons of room to improve on that one.  Looking forward to the weekly competition keeping me honest with consistent practice at least.

• Like 9

Serenaded the wife with Fields of Gold, that led to great things. 

The benefits of Rocksmith!!!

I guess I'm going to have to learn some crappy pop country songs.... :(

Oi!

Sting is not "crappy pop country"!

BTW, nobody likes your post. ;) :p

• Like 3

I'm gonna be very short about this and if nobody else agrees with me, I totally understand, but I don't change my mind and if the majority of members see fit, I won't even play in the CS anymore.

I don't tolerate custom adoptions, specially when it comes to Glen's customs.

Many bad things have been said and done because nobody ever respected Glen's work and they just simply stole his customs before the adoption system was "launched" and those people released the customs like they were their own work.

That's childish, stupid, only shows lack of character and I could go on and on.

I hate people like that and I can only stand being around them because I totally ignore them and those same people are only a few (fortunately).

I thought that this had stopped, since Glen doesn't post a custom here for a long, long time, but to my total surprise I'm still seeing the same way of thinking towards the customs stolen in the past, which only leads me to believe that the point of view of those people stays the same.

Btw, if I see one of Glen's latest customs posted ONLY on my site, shared on any other site (this or another one), the member responsible for doing that without permission can be assured that will be discovered and banned, since I gave Glen my word that his latest customs wouldn't be used and abused like the other customs in the past.

If you guys decide that because of this it would be awkward to have me around playing in the CS, just make a post saying so, or send me a PM and I won't participate anymore.

Thanks

Anyway, a small update.

I was having problems with the end of the song on my RBX 170, for no particular reason that I could figure, and as you can see here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKWUFrc0R6R0RuRGc/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKMGxxYW93bDF6Y3M/view?usp=sharing

I knew I couldn't be that bad (or could I?) at the simple, but fast bit at the end of the song, so switched to my TRBX-504, tonight when I got home, and lo and behold:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKLUdCT2FJRUZhNmM/view?usp=sharing

and the score:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKTFN4akdJWWRhNTQ/view?usp=sharing

More expensive bass makes me an (almost) advanced bass god.  /who knew.

• Like 6

I'm gonna be very short about this and if nobody else agrees with me, I totally understand, but I don't change my mind and if the majority of members see fit, I won't even play in the CS anymore.

I don't tolerate custom adoptions, specially when it comes to Glen's customs.

Many bad things have been said and done because nobody ever respected Glen's work and they just simply stole his customs before the adoption system was "launched" and those people released the customs like they were their own work.

That's childish, stupid, only shows lack of character and I could go on and on.

I hate people like that and I can only stand being around them because I totally ignore them and those same people are only a few (fortunately).

I thought that this had stopped, since Glen doesn't post a custom here for a long, long time, but to my total surprise I'm still seeing the same way of thinking towards the customs stolen in the past, which only leads me to believe that the point of view of those people stays the same.

Btw, if I see one of Glen's latest customs posted ONLY on my site, shared on any other site (this or another one), the member responsible for doing that without permission can be assured that will be discovered and banned, since I gave Glen my word that his latest customs wouldn't be used and abused like the other customs in the past.

If you guys decide that because of this it would be awkward to have me around playing in the CS, just make a post saying so, or send me a PM and I won't participate anymore.

Thanks

I remember what happened when i adopted the CDLC from Glen (I followed the rules step by step and i didn't stole nothing) i respect him because he brought us very good quality customs. I don't have absolutely nothing against him, besides, i think his CDLC is still better than mine. Don't know why you said what you said above, but well...

• Like 1

9A7alLl.jpg

Okie dokie, no more score submissions for adv' from me this week. Things are getting complicated, and I don't want to inadvertently step on any toes. See you lot next week :) unless I decide to crack off a couple of master modes in Beginner and Intermediate.... not MC... that would just sound rather shit, that would. ;)

• Like 3

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

I would just like to say I haven't a clue what's going on.

Who's Glen?

Anyway, back into my world of bass (I'm sure I'm autistic, no other fucker would put this much effort into it over a year):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKUG5QcW9GUnFEbUU/view?usp=sharing

I may play it one or two more times tonight, but I'll hold any updates until tomorrow, for fear of spamming. :)

• Like 8

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

some rhythm

http://up.picr.de/22424743lq.jpg

didn't knew about that, but even played this

• Like 4
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@@Kaijin Don't be ridiculous, stop this madness. I mean, you're right, and there is no point of that discussion, and this idea of leaving. You scared me a lot, don't do that. Adoption is thing of the past. And as you can see, Nacho created his own version of One, so we can use it here for Championship, and that's why I'm not counting scores from other versions(!).

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Serenaded the wife with Fields of Gold, that led to great things. 

The benefits of Rocksmith!!!

I guess I'm going to have to learn some crappy pop country songs.... :(

Oi!

Sting is not "crappy pop country"!

BTW, nobody likes your post. ;) :P

What I am saying is I'll have to learn some crappy country for my woman... Her taste in music is atrocious.

• Like 4

@@Kaijin Don't be ridiculous, stop this madness. I mean, you're right, and there is no point of that discussion, and this idea of leaving. You scared me a lot, don't do that. Adoption is thing of the past. And as you can see, Nacho created his own version of One, so we can use it here for Championship, and that's why I'm not counting scores from other versions(!).

I'm not being ridiculous and it's pretty obvious that nobody else sees this matter the way I do.

I played here for fun, but that's not happening anymore, so I won't cause any more troubles and none of you have to deal with "madness".

Cheers.

I'm not being ridiculous and it's pretty obvious that nobody else sees this matter the way I do.

I played here for fun, but that's not happening anymore, so I won't cause any more troubles and none of you have to deal with "madness".

Cheers.

My reaction right now:

http://www.ad-dispatch.com/wp-content/themes/striking_r/cache/images/1450_Jack-SparrowConfused-459x240.jpg

• Like 3

9A7alLl.jpg

Yeah, I totally missed something here... What set him off? That we were talking about using the Glen version? That I mentioned that I was surprised there was so little constructive feedback on the Glen version? Whatever it is, it seems odd to just leave as soon as he saw it without leaving any time for discussion after being a part of this community for... how long exactly?

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

I didn't really want to comment because of my bad blood between him and his community.

Dunno who Glen is, but as someone that works exclusively with creators to make quality cdlc. I think in every post I've worked with others ALL have proper credit and thanks given(I even mention and PM people I steal song tones from just so they're aware.). So if Glen really likes his tab his way. Don't complain if someone puts another version up, and don't get pissed because everyone doesn't know that you are THE Glen and that you will never work on the tabs on your customs.

But, I know people from Kaijins community love to jump to conclusions and have some sense of pride and entitlement from converting a tab into a video game. I don't get it. If that's what it means to be one of these madna charters then I don't want the tag anymore. I just wanted the tag to say "hey, I can't donate right now thanks to college but I contributed to this community in some way!"

The only people that are entitled to songs on Rocksmith work at Ubisoft.

• Like 3

I didn't really want to comment because of my bad blood between him and his community.

Dunno who Glen is, but as someone that works exclusively with creators to make quality cdlc. I think in every post I've worked with others ALL have proper credit and thanks given(I even mention and PM people I steal song tones from just so they're aware.). So if Glen really likes his tab his way. Don't complain if someone puts another version up, and don't get pissed because everyone doesn't know that you are THE Glen and that you will never work on the tabs on your customs.

But, I know people from Kaijins community love to jump to conclusions and have some sense of pride and entitlement from converting a tab into a video game. I don't get it. If that's what it means to be one of these madna charters then I don't want the tag anymore. I just wanted the tag to say "hey, I can't donate right now thanks to college but I contributed to this community in some way!"

The only people that are entitled to songs on Rocksmith work at Ubisoft.

I don't even know what other community there is that we are talking about here. So lost right now with this whole situation.

Anyway, thanks everyone for all the effort.

:angry:

Seriously, i dont get that discussion...

I don´t know Glen, i don´t know the bad things that might or might not have happened, ...

I don´t know the background, but i am pretty sure it´s better that way...

From my pov:

Lets take @@Nacholede for example of charters who do awesome work here (and i mean the CS)... As the customs are played in a competition situation by a lot of guys who know what they are doing the smalest discrepancy to the way it´s played by the original artist (even finger positions and slightly too low volumes are discussed) are brought to light.... which leads to improvements by the author, or sometimes to completely new versions for the CS in hours, thats awesome.

For the actual situation - for me there is not a pixel of doubt that @Nacho did his MULTITRACK version from scratch, i am completely ok if a ver. is not perfect (whatever that may be) on weekstart, esp. when we have the charter in the contest who fixes issues up in hours...

Everyone has to pay respect to the work put in and thereby to the result - namely to any custom contributed, if he likes it or not and if he thinks it is good or not.

Creating a custom of a song already existing in the database is no disrespect !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It´s great to have the ability even to choose between diff. versions to pick the one more fitting for oneself!

What makes me sad are bad feelings coming up in such discussions, and esp. when someone feels offended and is driven away for dubious reasons.... we had that not only once ....

@@Kaijin - take a step back, have a thorough look - there is no obvious reason to leave.

We are here for fun, are we?

• Like 7

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@@Rodman Great post, make sense of the senseless

Don't forget too, some authors watch this post to see how they can fix their songs as well(berixix and shiroo come to mind, but also the author for Cities on Flame updated his pretty quickly too.

To be able to have their song featured in the championship, the cdlc creator gets a weeks worth of some of the best feedback they might ever get.

• Like 4

@@Rodman Great post, make sense of the senseless

Don't forget too, some authors watch this post to see how they can fix their songs as well(berixix and shiroo come to mind, but also the author for Cities on Flame updated his pretty quickly too.

To be able to have their song featured in the championship, the cdlc creator gets a weeks worth of some of the best feedback they might ever get.

Aware, and thats why i consider the songs from the past list we have as "CS approved - quality customs"

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.