Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 88

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

.... hmmm just stumbled upon ...

Spotify has great songlinks now (!)

Just - if you wanna share a song .... that is a great legal way!!!

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

getting better

http://up.picr.de/22410723mk.jpg

I think I should record a vid of this path

edit- video is coming soon, this time youtube (it's not gonna be blocked) it should uploaded in 1 hour

Metallica - One - Lead 95,1%

Edited by frippchen
  • Like 12
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@ says the vid is private for me, dunno if its ready or not

just came back home and released. It was uploading when I was away. Now it is public  :)

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

One Bass

Somehow fucked up the end, got lots misses on the Open E... 

Me too.  I always get lots of misses on my open E string on fast songs…  It's really annoying and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

A little bit of MC rhythm

One Rhythm

I had a look into the Lead path, especially on that tapping nonsense, and slowed down to 50% i had to 

literally smash my finger so hard on the fretboard that it hurt, to get them to register.

Sooo, im going to pass Lead this week.

The CDLC just isnt fun for me due to the above and some other stuff throughout the song that makes no sense

for me.

cheers!

• Like 4

Due to that, i think we should be allowed to play the other version. I still need to fix a lot of things on the tab and like Latsch, i have to tap the fretboard so hard that my fingers hurts. 

Any idea what would cause this problem with tapping? It seems weird that the same tapping line played by the same person gets registered entirely differently in two different versions. And my experience with bass tapping is that it almost always registers (and sometimes registers stuff that it shouldn't) despite the fact that my tapping and pulloff technique are somewhat lacking.

In other news, I've been working on a custom of Long Distance Runaround. It should be pretty close to a release state except perhaps with the tones and whether I want to bother to sync the solo at the very end of the song all the way to the end.

This is also somewhat personal for me, since I think this was one of the first songs I started learning when playing bass, though I think  stuck mostly to the verse and chorus back then. I think this might have been a big part of the reason why Chris Squire's death hit me as hard as it did. I'm not a huge Yes fan (I think the only album of theirs that I bought when I was younger was Fragile, though I'll look through their other stuff more thoroughly now) and I didn't know any of his solo stuff, but he still played an integral part in my bass journey.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the song, and let me know if you think there are any tones that would fit better, or any other improvements that you can think of!

And I'll get back to attacking Infinite Dreams now that my move is all done. Still need to unpack lots of things, but I should be able to dedicate more time to playing than I have over the past few days.

• Like 5

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Due to that, i think we should be allowed to play the other version. I still need to fix a lot of things on the tab and like Latsch, i have to tap the fretboard so hard that my fingers hurts.

I mean, you do have to have a neck pickup to get them heard regardless. But I was curious why this One version was selected. I thought yours was a WIP still.

The only other version I've played was the s+m and that was so long ago, but I remember some parts being easier on that one.

I'd vote for being able to play another version, but we should all agree on that One version

Many nice scores on all songs :)

I mean, you do have to have a neck pickup to get them heard regardless. But I was curious why this One version was selected. I thought yours was a WIP still.

The only other version I've played was the s+m and that was so long ago, but I remember some parts being easier on that one.

I'd vote for being able to play another version, but we should all agree on that One version

We can play Glen's and mine, the only thing is that the harmony solo is both for lead and rhythm, on Glen's version is full rhythm.

I used the Songsterr tab because the best rated tab on UG has no Palm mutes and it's not good

9A7alLl.jpg

@@then3verend - I'm coming for you...

http://i.imgur.com/pMd3FT7.jpg

I forget exactly which two notes I missed. I think the transition into the second type of verses ("Even though it's reached new heights") because I missed the right fret, and also something in the riff at 3:51-4:02. I'm getting close to 100%, and with a decent amount of practice I should be able to transfer that to master mode, if necessary.

• Like 4

@@albatross213 If you're seriously thinking about taking this into MM...dont...seriously dont...98% is pretty easy in MM...but I about fcking lost it trying to get this score

http://s8.postimg.org/ta0kj4fh1/2015_07_02_00003.jpg

I just spent about 3 straight hours(and ~80 attempts) trying to get that(and yes, the callace on my index finger is about as hard as a rock right now). compared to Bat Country this is even harder because you have about 15 different sections/transitions(while juggling 3 at times on the verse) completely and thoroughly memorized. I can just as easily 100% this too but I missed the last few notes to ward you off, dont do it...bad idea

It doesnt even make you better, just really good at memorizing, its why I kinda am not a fan of MM competitions and dont go toward it as much

P.S. in case you (or anyone) is thinking I'm hiding that 100% pic, watch the leaderboards

• Like 3

Many nice scores on all songs :)

We can play Glen's and mine, the only thing is that the harmony solo is both for lead and rhythm, on Glen's version is full rhythm.

I used the Songsterr tab because the best rated tab on UG has no Palm mutes and it's not good

If it's the same it should make no difference. So you should also be able to play your own version.

I'm against both versions, because your's is not bad, just a few small things needs to be corrected. We had more worse customs in the past for CS, and since you are the charter of this version it's up to you to make some changes. That's always the problem with tabs from the net, they have to be compared with the audio and adjusted notewise to get a decent custom. Also you should test your customs before release. That's my opinion. But I will test the tapping sections with different guitars.

• Like 3

Big thing why I requested Nacho to make a new version, was that harmony solo on Rhythm. I honestly would never pick One without that part.

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

I've tested the tapping part with 6 ! different guitars, and what can I say, it works fine and detect the notes by normal tapping very well on 5 guitars on bridge pickup. Only one where I had problems was with a western guitar, of course.... so I think you guys should just practice the tapping technics much more, it's not easy. And I didn't had do smash my fingers on the fretboard, like you can see in the video.

• Like 4

I just spent about 3 straight hours(and ~80 attempts) trying to get that

What if I was just trying to goad you into doing something completely ridiculous?  :P

But more seriously, I think you made it clear that I'm not going to win this week. I'll probably still go for the 100%, but at this point I'd also like to try to get a decent recording of me playing the song. I'm almost certainly going to need to practice some of the riffs some more but now through the amp, as a few of them are going to sound like total shit on my first pass through.

Edit: Also, you may not need memorization skills in order to play well in game, but playing live is another matter. I'm not saying that everyone needs to do it, just that people might find it useful. While I'm unlikely to play live anytime soon, it would still be nice to be able to play through more than just a random collection of riffs when I'm away from the game and tabs.

@ - I agree that customs should be tested and fixed beforehand, but it's really hard to do it all by yourself (especially for people like myself who haven't had ear training [though I'm working on it] and don't play guitar [though I may get a crappy one at some point]), and the community as a whole isn't always helpful. I mean, the Glen version of One has been up for almost a year (and was up on another site before that?), has over 8,000 downloads, and is one (hehehe) of the classic tracks for Metallica on guitar, but it seems like there was very little constructive feedback offered to @@Nacholede after he adopted it (though something may have happened in PMs?). I'm not entirely sure what my point is (sorry!), other than that charting is hard and less collaborative than I wish it was.

Edited by albatross213
  • Like 3

@@Bruce Force Welcome!

@@albatross213 On the old site, Glen was always making it clear that there won't be any tab talk about his customs. He was always charting the way he learned to play. And his charts were pretty awesome. Besides (probably) most of us knows little about guitar and just can't provide usefull feedback.

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

one more update. @@then3verend I reached your goal  :P

http://up.picr.de/22420716nj.jpg

I should care about the other MC paths now :ph34r:

• Like 4

Doing One with Multitracks took me a lot of time to do, longer than i used to. Maybe the tapping section must be me (i think because there are a lot of cold days here in Buenos Aires, and playing with your cold hands is not something good), also i fixed the bass tab errors that @@then3verend pointed out. Feedback is always important! so if you have suggestions on how to improve the tab, just PM me or write on the One thread and i will fix them as soon as i can! 

• Like 3

9A7alLl.jpg

better lead int

http://i58.tinypic.com/2exomki.jpg

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.