Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 88

@@Nacholede I also noticed that my tapping was not recognized. I am terrible, but at least tapps should be recognized :mellow:

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Hi all,

Please enter me into the BEGINNER CLASS. I typically atempt Lead only due to very limited time but it is fair to say I am BEGINNEER  on all arrangements... except maybe I am an INTERMEDIATE on Violin... :)

I hear ya!  I'm quite the beginner too, though I think I finally graduated to INTERMEDIATE on the cow bell...

• Like 6

@@Latsch I tried tapping in Fury of the Storm and it was registering those 19th or 20th fret taps.

Intermediate Lead - 87%, 48 streak

Not much motivation to RR it properly. Especially since my fingers needs a week of rest :lol:

Advanced Rhythm - 97.24%, 234 streak

I'm satisfied with the score, but it's still below what I should be able to do. And thanks @@then3verend, I started to do that "2xchord -> 2xchord -> 2xchord -> single notes" (around 2:30 on your video) part with shifting on single notes part, and it was much easier, or should I rather say, I was not making all this misses. It's good when you record something from time to time :)

• Like 5

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

about that tapping in one. It's kinda strange, but with my new (and cheap) guitar it recognizes very well although it's scarcely audible.

I think that should be fixable with another tone with more gain. I didn't try with another guitar since my Strat has only 21 frets, my Vantage is almost on low tunings, my Ibanez is given away (to junior) and my semi acoustic is hard to play for such things.

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Advanced Rhythm - 97.24%, 234 streak

I'm satisfied with the score, but it's still below what I should be able to do. And thanks @@then3verend, I started to do that "2xchord -> 2xchord -> 2xchord -> single notes" (around 2:30 on your video) part with shifting on single notes part, and it was much easier, or should I rather say, I was not making all this misses. It's good when you record something from time to time :)

Thats the first time I recorded me playing along, I should be able to do more videos like that. I finally got my capture card to work, and that baby gives me zero lag.

In fact, you might see ONE more this week....(get it?)

• Like 3

Many nice scores on all songs :)

starting the week really late .... brrrrr (2 days without guitar.... brrrrr)

http://i59.tinypic.com/nf3ayp.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/mcgfgl.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/2hhk6z9.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/1qqvkw.jpg

Maiden and ´tallica... man ... i gotta get some time somwhere...

• Like 5

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Lol, Rocksmith decided that it is no longer installed, even though it is, and I played 2 hours ago. Still, STEAM does not see it :wacko: And I wanted just to check some cdlc for RR. And I don't have time...

edit: Installation checked that everything is ok, and it runs. But it needed that 7GB of free space to start doing things :angry:

• Like 2

love hat maiden song, that is gotta improve!

http://i60.tinypic.com/2kh6q9.jpg

• Like 4

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

http://i62.tinypic.com/2v3ovv5.jpg

• Like 4

Finally some scores ;)

Hold Out Your Hand Bass

I'll have to say i dont really know any songs of Yes/Chris.

Pretty cool one, but waay too long.

One Bass

Somehow fucked up the end, got lots misses on the Open E... 

Infinite Dreams Bass

Dont really like Maiden that much, but thats a cool Bass Line.

Fucked up those Triplets, 100% is definitely possible.

All in all One and Infinite Dreams share the same difficulty for me, at about 6-7.

They both need precise/fast picking, nothing really hard on the fretting hand.

cheers!

• Like 5

Finally some scores ;)

Hold Out Your Hand Bass

Well, that's progressive rock for you. If you think 9 mins is long than you'll definitely have some issues with many tracks from the genre. :D

For me the 9 mins just fly by when I play this and I wish it could be longer. :(

• Like 4

Finally some scores ;)

Hold Out Your Hand Bass

Well, that's progressive rock for you. If you think 9 mins is long than you'll definitely have some issues with many tracks from the genre. :D

For me the 9 mins just fly by when I play this and I wish it could be longer. :(

As a matter of fact, im a huge prog rock fan, hahaha.

But the song felt a little long especiall halfway through, i think thats due to me more concentrating on hitting the 

notes and not really listen to whats going on beside the drums.

It was my first run/listen to the song, have to sit back and give Yes/Chris a listen pretty soon, to say

anything more.

cheers!

• Like 1

Finally some scores ;)

Hold Out Your Hand Bass

As a matter of fact, im a huge prog rock fan, hahaha.

But the song felt a little long especiall halfway through, i think thats due to me more concentrating on hitting the

notes and not really listen to whats going on beside the drums.

It was my first run/listen to the song, have to sit back and give Yes/Chris a listen pretty soon, to say

anything more.

cheers!

I guess, I misunderstood your meaning then but saying you don't know any Yes songs makes me doubt the validity of your claim to prog rock fandom. [emoji13] [emoji1]
  • Like 1

Glad that a lot of people are liking Infinite Dreams!  :D Don't get how @@Latsch can find it and One equally difficult, though. I think I only missed One note my first time through.

And I agree with @@Aludog. I can't imagine how you could be a prog rock fan and not even know some of the tunes off Fragile (Roundabout and Long Distance Runaround get [got? Do people still listen to the radio?] lots of radio play, and Heart of the Sunrise is also pretty well known [and a lot of fun to play]).

In other news that may be of some interest to those in the Championship, I'm finishing up a chart of a King Crimson song. It's quite difficult (so it might make the most sense to RR the song at a slower speed for testing), and mastering it will take a lot of Discipline (<-- download link for the preview), but if any of you can try it out and give feedback on anything (sync, tones, scroll speed). On guitar, neither guitar is really the lead, but I figured it would be easier to have one lead and one rhythm rather than two rhythms (and if you have the time to try both out that would be great). If you have any comments it probably makes the most sense to PM me so we don't clog up this thread. Thanks for taking the time to test it and comment!

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Can't really tell you guys how i missed Yes, but i somehow never really gave it a listen.

I only really know Owner of a Lonely Heart, and i never made the transition to listening more.

My usual playlist always consider PinkFloyd, Jethro Tull, some Alan Parson, Gentle Giant and a little bit of

Kansas and Rush and many more here and there hahaha

cheers!

PS: and im sort of in the "younger" generation (born 90). Its hard getting all those good old tones together when

all your friends listen to newer tunes.

There are way too few new Prog Rock Bands (at least of those that i know)

• Like 1

Never really liked Yes, and I was a fan of that classic prog vein of Rush, Triumph, King Crimson, and Genesis, more over into the prog opera of Queensryche, early DT and etc.

Even when I saw them play with Peter Frampton It was just an okay show. Really didnt like Roundabout.

As far as the tapping go on One, i get consistent results on my cheap Epiphone, and 50/50 on my Dead Razorback...

also @@albatross213 ill try it out...will let you know!

Many nice scores on all songs :)

time for new scores now

http://up.picr.de/22406497ev.jpg

I think the lead path of this custom could be improved at any spots. There are some illogical technics used (i.e. hammer ons with octaves???) and some handpositions should be changed. It feels that are some notes just there to make it hard to play  :angry:

but in the meanwhile I know how to do there

• Like 3
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Never really liked Yes, and I was a fan of that classic prog vein of Rush, Triumph, King Crimson, and Genesis, more over into the prog opera of Queensryche, early DT and etc.

Even when I saw them play with Peter Frampton It was just an okay show. Really didnt like Roundabout.

Well, not knowing Yes and not liking Yes are two different things. I am not a super fan either but they're an import part of prog history, so you have to at least listen to the classic albums one time to make a fair assessment and judge for yourself. ;)

PS: and im sort of in the "younger" generation (born 90). Its hard getting all those good old tones together when

all your friends listen to newer tunes.

There are way too few new Prog Rock Bands (at least of those that i know)

It's never too late to get the classics. Also, there's so many new prog rock bands, I can't keep track of all of them. Go to http://www.progarchives.com/ and you'll be sure to find everything you're looking for. I always go there if I'm looking for something new to listen to and I always find something worthwhile. :D

• Like 3

Nice bunch of people here.

Slight improvement:

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForge%20Championship/CF%20-%20Week%2088%20-%20Iron%20Maiden%20-%20Infinite%20Dreams%20-%20Lead%20-%20Attempt%206_zpsjtpekzqd.png

• Like 7

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.