Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 88

@@then3verend Insane result! How about great video of your play?

Later this week...that run was hard enough, let alone dealing with the lag of Fraps..

I have another idea i might try for video recording as well :3

Yeah, try to record just a soda can, that would suit your personality really well :lol:

Yeah, but I'll make sure the video is marked for 18+ so only mature people can view it as well.

• Like 1

Many nice scores on all songs :)

One on bass.

The first half seems a little random to me, partly  because I've never heard the song before

The second half is one of those avalanches of sixteenth notes that causes the high scores and long streaks on bass even when my timing is messed up.

• Like 3

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

I'd forgotten about Fields of Gold.  I had downloaded it months ago, played it twice, and then deleted it to make room.

It took 3 times through but got the 100% that I wanted last week ;-)  Yes, this is a far simpler song to play, but I believe that musicians sound better if they can  master a simple song rather than butcher a difficult one

• Like 7

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

Here's how I did on the phrases for my latest attempt Infinite Dreams on bass:

http://i.imgur.com/yVTUoXf.jpg

And here's how I did scorewise:

http://i.imgur.com/BkKkhE4.jpg

Not as good as my previous, but not bad for master mode, eh?

I do have a small update for playing it on hard, though, in case anyone threatens to catch up to me:

http://i.imgur.com/y3P6uh6.jpg

I don't think today's the day I'm going to hit 100%. Too tired and consequently pretty sloppy. I've had RR attempts on the sections and been able to nail each type, but there are just too many takes that wind up with 3-5 misses. Hopefully I'll sleep well tonight. Though I don't really have a bed here anymore...

• Like 6

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

More bass runs:

http://s2.postimg.org/5ia6lb2nt/2015_06_28_00001.jpg

I was surprised how much I enjoyed this tune, great pick...2 on difficulty

http://s30.postimg.org/jd0cd9s29/2015_06_28_00002.jpg

This little guy was actually very surprisingly tricky(at midnight after working all day) another decent song (5 on difficulty)

http://s3.postimg.org/xcx5mireb/2015_06_28_00003.jpg

The Bass does need SOME re-work done on the chart, its about 95% accurate (mostly within the verses and near the end @@Nacholede, if you want I can put it in the record too with screenshots). 4 on difficulty if you play with a pick, 7 if you dont (Jason did play with a pick, but Rob doesnt.......)

G'night yall

• Like 4

Many nice scores on all songs :)

More bass runs:

The Bass does need SOME re-work done on the chart, its about 95% accurate (mostly within the verses and near the end @@Nacholede, if you want I can put it in the record too with screenshots). 4 on difficulty if you play with a pick, 7 if you dont (Jason did play with a pick, but Rob doesnt.......)

G'night yall

Yeah, i said that the tab wasn't perfect, i need to know the exact locations of the wrong notes so i can fix them

The same with the harmony solo

• Like 1

9A7alLl.jpg

Newsted played it with fingers and then changed to pick when the fast part came :P There is a gap when you can reach for it. I'll do it that way.

@@Nacholede I need you to play your version to count your scores :P (They differ in length, so I can tell ;) )

• Like 2

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

One on bass.

The first half seems a little random to me, partly  because I've never heard the song before

The second half is one of those avalanches of sixteenth notes that causes the high scores and long streaks on bass even when my timing is messed up.

Why are you playing the bass part with "no guitar"?

• Like 1

I'd imagine he's doing that so he can hear the bass part clearly while he's playing along with it. Probably not necessary for the fast part of the song, but it might help for the softer part of the song. I remember @then3everend also used the noguitar version of 21st Century Schizoid man a few times when we had that battle.

That or he just really wanted to know what the bass on ...And Justice for All actually sounds like  :P

• Like 2

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to make sure that's the right way to do this for the championship.

1. Check the Weeks Songs, Arrangement and Difficulty.

2. Choosing the Song or probably download all the Songs CDLC's.

3. I think the easier way is probably Score Attack, because in my case i don't know exactly how to scale the riff repeater for the difficulty that i've chosen.

4. Tryin to get the best Score within the week.

5. Take a Screenshot with the Results

6. Posting it Friday or Saturday till 2:00pm (if i remember correctly)

7. And last but not least not tryin to break my fingers [emoji1]

And havin fun of course.

• Like 1

When you select class in a path, you can't change it again, unless you won't participate 3 weeks in a row in that class.

Dynamic Difficulty always maxed (when bars are not maxed, scores are not valid). Only Score Attack on Hard (or Master) for songs with DD, if there is no DD, you can play it also on Easy and Medium (only when there is no DD!).

You can post whenever you want, of course, before new week starts.

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

here comes my first score for one with much space for improvement. With this song I dedicated my new guitar which yesterday the postman brought :)

rather I own enough guitars, but since my son bought his own steam key for RS 2014 and I gave him one of my guitars (my old Ibanez Talman), I needed another and cheap one for education because I don't want to give one of my expesives to everyone. And finally I've got a guitar with 24 frets now  :D

http://up.picr.de/22379608mc.jpg

new axe

• Like 10
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

More bass runs:

G'night yall

Yeah, i said that the tab wasn't perfect, i need to know the exact locations of the wrong notes so i can fix them

The same with the harmony solo

Towards the end during the fast pattern from open E to F there is a spot where it changes pattern one section too soon on the tab.

One on bass.

Good question.  So I have a question for your first.  Does the "no guitar" mean that is is a CDLC with only a bass part, or that the guitar was stripped out of the audio?  I assumed the former, and never having heard the song before, I didn't know the difference.  It did sound a little sparse, though.

I'd imagine he's doing that so he can hear the bass part clearly while he's playing along with it. Probably not necessary for the fast part of the song, but it might help for the softer part of the song. I remember @then3everend also used the noguitar version of 21st Century Schizoid man a few times when we had that battle.

That or he just really wanted to know what the bass on ...And Justice for All actually sounds like  :P

Let's pretend that this is the real reason.

• Like 3

@@2groggy You never heard One before? :P "No Guitar" means that there is no guitar audio. All paths should be playable.

• Like 2

@@2groggy You never heard One before? :P "No Guitar" means that there is no guitar audio. All paths should be playable.

Maybe I'll recognize it with the guitar in the mix. :lol:

• Like 8

Hi all, I am new to this and I think I understand the rules but just to be sure: I am a huge Maiden fan and would like to spend what little time I have this week to learn Infinite Dreams. I am between Beginner and Intermediate but closer to Beginner so an Advanced song will kick my ass for sure but I would still enjoy the challenge. From what I understand if I try an advanced song I am stuck there till demoted and any score I post in the next 4 weeks will not count if submitted for a category other than Advanced. But nothing prevents me from submitting a Score for other than Advanced. Have I got that right? Just correct me if I am wrong and I will comply.

• Like 2

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.