Create CDLC without gp-file

diggidy

Question

Hi,

I just found this site and think it's amazing. I wanted to try to make an own CDLC and am now wondering how I can manage this without a guitar pro file. I have the guitar pro 5 software but I can't find a already made gp-file of the song I'd like to create a CDLC of. Is there a way to import the notes in another way?

Best regards

D

12 answers to this question

This is a topic I'm currently interested in.

Unless you have some real music education, which I've not, it's very tedious to do a custom without a tab.

Writing a GP5 tab is infinitely more work than doing a cDLC.

Those who do tabs, often in teams, have my deepest respect. 

By the way, GP5 can also import Powertabs,

and text tabs, latter with a lot of timing errors, and mostly incomplete. 

EOF's playback of notes is very basic and not very precise,

There is a tool, which allows you to export EOF tabs back to GP5,

to listen what you have built.

To get a good conversion, a difficult starting point is always the beatmap.

The notes must respect the rhythm, to remain playable.

That's the n°1 mistake of beginners.

First you should do some short easy cDLC, with a GP5,

to learn all the possibilities and issues in EOF.

A single acoustic instrument track is perfect to start with, because the wave form you see is the instrument.

Good luck if you like to jump straight into waves with multiple instruments to detect chords and notes.

But maybe you have the cash to work with Sony SpectraLayers to separate the instruments. :lol:

• Like 2

Writing a GP5 tab is infinitely more work than doing a cDLC.

Those who do tabs, often in teams, have my deepest respect. 

Seriously. One of the songs I'm working on (Reign in Madness) had a pretty damn good tab for most of the song for the guitar parts - there were a couple of measures that were placed a measure late, there were a couple of notes where the rhythm was off - but the bass was rather incomplete (the skeleton was mostly there, but there were many places where it had the bass resting when it wasn't, or playing a simplified rhythm, or playing super simplified versions of what was actually being played). Even with the skeleton of the tab there and well over half of the measures on point, fixing everything has taken far longer than it takes to make a CDLC from a tab that's pretty much spot on.

I can't imagine how long it takes to make an accurate tab for some of the longer and more complex songs on here. I guess the fans of the more technical and progressive bands also tend to be more musically oriented, but even so it must take some serious skill and dedication.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Thanks so much for your replies!

I'll try the tutorials and check out the tools.

Right now I'm looking for the tabs of a swedish guy called Lars Winnerbäck. I found 3 gp files and will Rocksmith. Since he just sings in Swedish I guess that the global interest in his songs is kind of limited to Scandinavia but if anybody is intersted in helping me looking for gp files oon the net you are most welcome to do so.

After some long nights I finally got the first version of my first CDLC song. The only problem I have is that I can't find out how to make a note "arpeggio" (not sure if that's really what I mean, but I should play the last chord in a way that I don't play all the strings at the same time, but start with the first one and then play one after another).

Is that even possible to do in eof?

To define an arpeggio you select the notes which are part of the chord to play, and which you have set on the right timing.

Then you select Note-proGuitar-Arpeggio-Mark (or crtl-shift-G)

Then all the notes are assembled (ghosted) on the first note to show the chord in RS ( in a box shape, which I don't like)

Another way is to define a handshape (Note-Rocksmith-Handshape-mark)

works the same way, but doesn't show the chord box, but the finger position on the fretboard.

Sometimes a chord is slowly strummed, kind of arpeggio, playing one string after another.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/59a6/91efvk0au087wz7zg.jpg

That's what you mean. Position the notes in the right timing.

This can also be defined this 2 ways.

• Like 2

I have one more problem now. I just wanted to make a new CDLC containint lead and rhythm guitar but when I wanted to generate it with the toolkitgui I got the following message.

Application.ThreadException

System.Exception:Wwise audio file conversion failed: Could not find file:

'D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014\gui\Wwise2014.tar.bz2'.

and so on and so on. (I tried to paste the whole message in here as a picture but for some reason I can't post it then).

Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but I accidentally clicked first on rocksmith toolkitupdater instead of rocksmith toolkitgui.

But now nothing is working anymore, even if I want to create the song with just lead guitar as I did before.

Then I tried to overwrite the folder with the original files and now I get this message already when I click on add under arrangements.

PLEASE HELP!

Ok, then, try to keep to your thread title ;) , and don't throw in other topics,

most topics like wwise problems can be found elsewhere.

There is also a possibility to p.m. users who may be particularly specialized on certain topics in these threads