Tone Creation process for Rocksmith 2014

Izzy

Tone Creation process for Rocksmith™
RS custom toolkit expands a lot, so now we able to import Tones directly from game, I'll show you how to use it.
Rocksmith 2014

Requirements:

• Knowledge "how to create CDLC" (go Home if you don't, also read advanced Tutor for EOF)
  • Nightly build of RSToolkit (Get) *Feature added since v2.5.0.0*

Unpack Toolkit somewhere and run it, Now you ready to go.

Main loop:

• Go to Rocksmith and make your custom tone (hope you know how to do that). (save it after all)
  • Test your tone on WIP version of song (assign tones to keys 2-4) switch it in song.
  • Open toolkit and click "Import" (on tones).
  • Change format filter to All files (named as XBOX actually) (*.*)
  • Go to you profile folder (in tone selector dialog)
    Win(32 bit)Steam:
    C:Program FilesSteamuserdataYOUR_USER_ID221680remote
  • Select profile file (which ends on _prfldb).
  • You're done.
  •  

IMPORTANT!
Change tone descriptor to correct tone type, cause its not imported from profile(there is no descriptors there)
If you forget to do that - you will get wrong tone(i.e. Bass amp instead of guitar amp)!

credit to http://rocksmithcustoms.wikispaces.com/ *works again*

• Like 3

Also:

Complete Rocksmith 2014 missions about tone creation ingame but try to avoid any use of gain pedals before Amp, its can kill all sustain or make tone sound cracky..!

For better results on creating tones ingame actually you can search for official pedalboards and amp setup or pedalboard setupIt way beted for those who don't know what effect are used for that tone.You can use Tones from official dlcingame songs(just select them ingame and save under another name or take this pack for toolkit) also you can import tones from CDLC to the toolkit of use it from the ingame (you can also credit cdlc tone author if you want)

Here is a tone requests thread, you guys can practice in tone creation - helping that guys 

http://customsforge.com/topic/892-tone-requests/

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

This is an excellent method and actually my favourite.

Please note - to save a tone in game you must first change one parameter (so the game thinks it's a new tone), e.g.

1.  Load an authentic tone

2.  Edit it (only change one very slight thing so that it does not change the sound, do not need to make massive changes)

3.  Assign it to a slot, the game will ask you to confirm to overwrite the tone already in the slot and then ask if you want to save the tone

4.  Save the tone with a name that will make sense to you in the future (you will use this tone more than once :) )

When making package, use the method above to get your tones (based on real tones) into the game.

A trick I use a lot is to use an official tone, and add a rack reverb at the end of the chain.  Use approx 25% mix on the reverb.  Get ready for awesomeness in game!

• Like 1

Yeah, I've heard of that file but never tried it.

I like my method, because you are actually in game trying the tones out.  You only really have to save it once you are happy you have the one you want, and you can do things like add reverb so that it fits in with the ambience of the song better.

If I were trying random tones from that list of official ones, it would be packaging up blind.  You need to hear what the tones will sound like with the song you are actually doing.  Guessing that a tone will sound good is asking for trouble :)

Well, I do it the same way as you, mostly because I don't know most of the official songs. But if all you want is the same tone as an authentic tone, it seems easier to find the one you're interested in the game -- then locate the file for it in the zip pack. It's easy enough to add simple tweaks in the Toolkit (especially if all you're adding is a bit of reverb).

Importing the tones from the steam folder gives you the whole list of all the tones you've created, not just the ones you've assigned. Which is not a big deal either, I guess.

But whatever works for you. I like it that there's lots of different ways to get things done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

heya

im having a problem where i get an error saying it can't find the path to something 

it says

'Can't import ton(s).

Could not find a part of the path 'C:]Rocksmith Toolkit9fa07677725a47029a5f79ddb951_prfldb_Pc'.

any ideas?

thanks

Kedhrin Gonzalez

Creative Director - IllFonic

www.illfonic.com

• 1 month later...

@@gomeso812, I think those users account was suspended because it got DLs more than allowed(it will be available soon), but I can update and reupload this asap :)EDIT: you know, that those tone database 6 month old?

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

There are songs which the tones are changed automatically during different sections of the song (from clean to distortion and vice-versa), how do I do that? Or does it after I add them to the CDLC "knows" when to change?

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

You can only do it one by one and it's the worst pain i've had to go through in a game...

You go as you want to load a tone and choose the custom part and you can delete them from there.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• 3 months later...

New custom's almost done... saved a couple of custom tones in game... not sure where they saved and every time I try the aforementioned instructions, it says it's successful but nothing comes up under the tone selector box. Not sure where these tones are saved... any help is appreciated! Thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm having a bit of a problem. I've nearly finished a custom, I just need to add the tone. The problem is, I have two PRFLDB files. One of them doesn't open, it gives me an error (something along the lines of "Value cannot be null. Parameter Name: Item" and the other contains all of the tones I have made except for the one I have just made for this custom. I've tried making a second one, but that doesn't show up, either.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I downloaded a CDLC and when I play it there is a built in tone that makes my bass sound like a fuzzy distorted mess.  How do I get rid of the tone?  Turn it off?  Make it go away forever?  Using Rocksmith remastered on a MAC running Catalina 10.15.3.  Thanks