Problems with Mac Custom Toolkit

I been having increasing problems with my Mac Toolkit and song conversion from PC to Mac.

Normally the p.psarcs will convert to m.psarcs without error, but when I try to play the songs in game, Rocksmith crashes after the tuning screen.

I've updated to Version 2.6.1.0-c476802f yesterday, and I'm still having the same problems.  The occasional song will convert and run successfully...

I think Version 2.6.1.0-ecc84d06 used to convert songs more successfully, but I can't be sure of this, as I've updated the Toolkit a few times (d'oh!).

I'm running OSX 10.7.5.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

• Like 1

nope, but i'll bump this as i have downloaded a bunch of mac cdlc, some freeze exactly as you mentioned (most notably rock around the clock and avril lavigne contagious).

I havent yet tried converting myself although i have the toolkit, if I have any luck ill let you know

Instead of using the "Converter" tab of the toolkit @@missis sumner, try to "Import Package" in the "Creator" tab and don't change anything after the _p.psarc is imported except for the platform (remove the check box from PC and click on MAC).

Click "Generate" and you should get a working _m.psarc.

Let me know if that worked for you.

After selecting a folder to save project artefacts I get "Thread Exception catches!" and an error log.

I'll try your advice on an older version of the Toolkit though.

Edit:  All versions I have suffer the same problem.  I couldn't figure out how to get back to a stable Mac version off the builds page?

Edit No. 2: I think I've got to the recommended version here: https://github.com/rscustom/rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit/releases/tag/2.6.0.0

Via the "Release Notes" here:

http://www.rscustom.net

because unfortunately the green Download button only leads to a PC download.

Edit 3: The version linked to above works! :)

Alright @@missis sumner, good to hear that.

I was going to say..... "If you need older toolkit versions, the oldest I have is from 2015-02-10", but while typing I realized you need a MAC version, not PC.... *face palm*..... I'm still recovering from being sick, sorry about that :blush:

If you encounter difficulties converting any custom in the future from PC to MAC, you can send me a PM, which is much faster for getting in contact with me, because sometimes I don't log on the forum for a couple of days, while the email notifies me every 15 minutes, so it's always faster. :)

• Like 1

I think im following in miss sunmers footsteps, latest build doesnt work, all songs crash game. Using import package leads to the same error message so i am going to try that older build....ill update soon.

Ok, one song has worked, i havent tried more, using the converter function of the older toolkit. the import package still has an error but that doesnt matter for me, off to download all the pc versions!

Update......

99% of songs convert now, occasionally one will just freeze the application but literally only 2 songs out of the 50 or so I have used.

I convert via the old toolkit and use the new one of the old one freezes up.

I also got 99% of songs to show up in the song list in the game, load the user, exit to title, reload the same user (maybe do this twice) and bam! I can see all my songs, thats a looong list! ( i posted this bit in another thread but thought it may be useful here too, sorry!)

• Like 1

Sorry, I forgot to mention 1 detail that might or not make a difference when importing the package with the toolkit.

In the toolkit configuration, do not select "Imported Structured Packages".

In terms of the importing it's the same, the difference is the files that the toolkit creates when importing a .psarc and in my own experience, I had some customs for PC that if imported with the option selected gave me an error, I removed the option and they imported fine.

I'm not a dev, I just help testing the toolkit when the devs need, I only report issues that I find, so the information I post is 99% based on what I've learned from my own experience with the toolkit on PC, so it might not apply to other platforms, but it doesn't "hurt" to give it a shot. :)

If any other members using the MAC version of the toolkit have similar or other problems, if @@missis sumner doesn't mind, feel free to post your issues on this thread and I'll try to reply the best way I know and if necessary, I can report the issues to the devs, since they already have plenty on their "plate", this is the least I can do to help them out, since they do an amazing job always improving the toolkit and solving bugs/issues that users encounter.

@@Kaijin, you're a star!

Would it help if I posted the error reports from the newer Beta versions of the Mac Toolkit I was getting?

Thanks, but I'm not doing anything special, just trying to help in any way I can. :)

As I said in the other post, I'm not a dev, but posting the error can help to pin point the source of the problem faster and easier, so I would say that yes, even if I can't "read" the error properly, I can always send a PM to @cozy1 or @Alex360 and they'll explain to me and if my knowledge is enough, I can help solving the issue, if not, one of them will know for sure how to do it.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had the same problem as everyone else. Dl'd the 2.6.0 version above and unchecked "Imported Structured Packages" for good measure. Couldn't generate because of no DD file, but the conversion from pc to mac worked great! Now I'm going to have to go back and redo all my  previous files, because something is making ones I know work crash. Thanks for the help!  :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For the most part the toolkit runs flawlessly on my Mac, but every once in a while I run into an error like the one in the link below. Does it have something to do with the file itself? This one in particular is trying to convert "D is for Dangerous" from PC to Mac. Are there any tricks I can try to get around errors like these?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rr4twtzkyi7sz8l/photo%20sep%2016%2C%2011%2019%2013%20pm.png?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I made it a little bit farther in my efforts to import a package thanks to @@Kaijin's earlier instructions to turn off 'Import Structured Packages'. Now I get an error that an Audiokinect Wise installation could not be found. I've only seen posts mentioning Mono and the Tool Kit for Mac users. Can anyone point me to this application, please? Is this something that I can even put on a Mac?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy