Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid

Attitude

Ok, has anyone else played OR own one of these? I know they are really new. I honestly had not considered Schecter and I really don't know why, but anyway. I was at the local music shop and a Hellraiser Hybrid caught my eye. Not flashy but a nice looking guitar with the right touches as far as looks go. ( just my opinion ) I grabbed it and started playing,, I think I have found my next guitar. It felt REALLY good. I'm going back down to the store tomorrow and well, my wife might be super pissed at me. Thoughts on Schecter , advice, anything. From what I have found about them I think maybe I should have looked sooner.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

• 5 weeks later...

Just got a Hellraiser a couple of weeks ago.  I found a used one listed on guitar center.  It said it was in very good condition.  (I can't tell it was not new).  Anyway,  I think the hybrid has the glow in the dark spots on the side of the guitar.  Check out the Schecter site to see the glow in the dark dots.  I always felt like my fingers were kinda smushed  when I play my Fender not so with the Hellraiser.  

I have 2 schecter guitars, one is a Jeff Loomis signature series 7string with floyd rose.  this guitar is an absolute shredding machine! 24 jumbo frets, emg active pickups, and grover tuners ... i couldnt ask for more.  i also have a schecter omen 4 extreme bass .. it has schecter active pickups that rival my EMGs, and plays silky smooth .. half the time i play, i feel like i dont play well enough to deserve such a wonderful instrument.

• Like 1

I love Schecter guitars.  They feel great to me and I can get any sound I want with them.  They just plain rock.

I've tried so many other guitars (Fender, Gibson, ESP, Epiphone, Jackson, Dean, Etc.) and none of them come close to the quality of my schecters.  

The company takes a lot of pride in how the guitars are constructed, and each one is personally inspected to make sure there are no flaws when shipping to the store.

I know I sound like an advertisement, but that's how strong I feel about my two Schecters.  Here are my babies :D

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd148/koikomoru/schecter-2009-diamond-series-c-1-classic-deep-sea-green-6-string-electric-guitar_zps655a3e75.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd148/koikomoru/schecterbass_zps386cf662.jpg

• Like 1

i posted in the other thread about showing gear, but i'm all about schecter.

i have 2 hellraisers, one with a floyd rose, one without. a baritone blackjack. the 2014 blackjack SLS prototype 7 and i have the loomis 7 with floyd rose.

i have the 2x12 hellraiser combo, it is amazing. I'm wanting to get the hellwin head and cab real bad right now but i think i'm just sploodging at that point.

I really want a hellraiser hybrid, the reason why is because it's got the beef of the hellraiser line but the accessibility of the SLS series. I love the thin neck.   An 8 string hellraiser (fuck floyd rose) is definitely on my horizon.

Seriously, do yourself a favor - don't get a floyd rose. it adds a ton of extra weight - so you might have to tune every now and then... its not that big of a deal with their locking pegs. i wish i didn't have 2 floyd rose guitars.... but i love all of them and play them for different reasons.

posted in other thread - but for reference :)

http://imgur.com/gallery/nE8IGkP

BTW - you guitar nuts, the 8 string of that blackjack i have is up for grabs at Drum City Guitar Land - its right down the road from me here in Denver... really cool place, they get their hands on all the great schecters.

http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/Schecter-DIAMOND-SERIES-PROTOTYPE-A-8-Black-w-Red-Grain-2014-8-String-Electric-Guitar-P6731C266.aspx

although i have the 7 string version, this guitar makes me feel not worthy every time i pick it up... its an absolute beauty and a change - the rest of my guitars are active pickups.  I'm honestly liking the passive more.

Kedhrin Gonzalez

Creative Director - IllFonic

www.illfonic.com

I'm starting to like passives with the PA-2 booster circuit.  You get the "Earthy" sound of passive but with the EMG boosted output.

Yeah I've always been torn between actives and passives. I like the BITE of actives but for some things passives just work better. I may have found my next experiment with Kent Armstrongs M-Buckers,, but that will be for a later day.

I'm starting to like passives with the PA-2 booster circuit.  You get the "Earthy" sound of passive but with the EMG boosted output.

Yeah I've always been torn between actives and passives. I like the BITE of actives but for some things passives just work better. I may have found my next experiment with Kent Armstrongs M-Buckers,, but that will be for a later day.

I have one in a Mahogany guitar with maple top.  I wired it to a 3 way switch to go between out of phase,  just 2 coils, then all 4 coils.  You get some pretty good tones out of the first 2 settings, but, with it fully on it just sounds sorta muddy.  I backed the pickup height down a little cause the magnets of 2 pickups together like that seems to affect the strings a little oddly.  I can't really explain it, you'd have to try it out for yourself to hear what I mean.

It definitely has its own uniqueness about it.  :D

• 2 months later...

Actually, the idea of dealing with a Floyd Rose doesn't bother me at all, been dealing with them since 1987. That and I have 3 guitars at the moment. I use my non trem guitars for detuning, and would likely leave the Hybrid in E Standard since that's where I am the most, then put my other trem guitar in Eb, or drop D, I actually have one sitting in C# right now, go back and forth from c# to Eb with that one at the moment. And my other non trem I use for Drop D and e standard. So if I get another one that will be even less tuning when I change songs,, just grab another one. Yeah, I know I'm kinda spoiled.

• Like 1

I'll give another positive nod to Schecter.  I have a Hellraiser C-1 (older version of the one below), and it's one of my favorites. 

I've done nothing to it other than the 18v mod and basic setup stuff.  Feels great and hold tune very well.  Tone pot is a little scratchy, but that's just wear and tear.

I'm not a metal fiend, and find the 81/85 EMGs pretty flexible for less brutal stuff.  Even clean, they sound pretty good to my ears.  In fairness though, this is my first active-equipped guitar.

http://d1zm3aiczg2e25.cloudfront.net/images/stories/virtuemart/product/resized/hellraiser-c-1-bch-tilt_385x120.png

• 2 weeks later...

i bought a schecter spectre about 3 years ago new and it plays great. i dropped around $200 on it on sale (reg price i think was $449?) and play on it about every other day. good balance and feel, solid in construction and it really feels like it is a well made product. i was originally going to get rocksmith with the bundled in guitar which i wasn't certain if it was junk or not (can someone confirm this?), but for a few dollars more i got what i think was a much nicer guitar and i am more than happy with my purchase.