Request Page Bug

Hornet871

Question

I wasn't sure where to post this, but it seems to be the most relevant place -- when using the CDLC request page, typing a search is a bit inconvenient, especially via mobile browser.

When typing the search on my laptop, the search bar suddenly stops receiving input, as if I have clicked elsewhere on the page.

On mobile, however, my keyboard simply opens, and immediately closes, presumably in the same premise.

Curious if anyone else has run into this error, or if the issue may already be being dealt with. Thanks guys! Keep rocking!

4 answers to this question

I believe it's because the stupid page does a refresh on the entire page when it "searches" as you type... which is retarded.

Rather than calling something "retarded" because you don't understand how it works, why not just turn off the option under the Ignition settings?  It's pretty easy.

I believe it's because the stupid page does a refresh on the entire page when it "searches" as you type... which is retarded.

Rather than calling something "retarded" because you don't understand how it works, why not just turn off the option under the Ignition settings?  It's pretty easy.

How about reading the topic so you can understand what we're talking about.

http://customsforge.com/topic/3023-faq-support-for-the-requests-work-in-progress-list/?p=11161

We're talking about this page ^ right there. It appears to refresh the entire iframe that houses the request page once you type something in. You lose focus and god help you if you hit backspace.

• Like 1

I know exactly what you're talking about.  I don't have any problems with it searching while I type.  However, I don't access the request page by the link you sent.  I always get there by clicking on "Requests" inside Ignition.  That's why I assumed (incorrectly) that the Ignition settings might have an impact.

So I'm not sure if it's my browser or my Ignition settings, but the request page doesn't search while I type.

Though, for the devs, it should be noted that clicking on "CDLC Search" on the Request page uses the old search page, instead of Ignition.