Speed up "enumerating downloaded content"

TimeIsFading

Question

Hey everyone, I've had an issue for a while doesn't seem to be looked at much at all around here, but should be for everyones sake.

As we all know when we load Rocksmith 2014 we get the message "enumerating downloaded content" up in the top right hand corner by the guitar type icon. If you go into the song list before it goes away you'll notice that the songs are still populating on the full song list. If you don't see this message then you don't have much DLC or customs downloaded.

As time goes on this takes longer because I get more official DLC and custom songs. Currently it takes about 3 minutes for it to finish for me. I usually just play on my guitar while I wait, but it sure has gotten annoying.

What puzzles me is that I have a SSD(Solid State Drive), so my hard drive reads and writes at insanely fast speeds, which I would have thought would solve this issue. Altogether I have 2,132 official DLC/quality custom songs and that number isn't counting all the Rocksmith 1 songs I have too.

Does anyone have an idea on how to speed this up? I image this is becoming an issue more and more for people as time goes on.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Always check and use -> The latest Toolkit builds

To disable dynamic difficulty and not get the 100% accuracy bug don't use the override to max option, but instead disable DD and set sight reading level to Max. With this configuration the 100% bug does not surface.

11 answers to this question

I think this has been discussed before and the simplest solution would be to have your customs somewhere else on your hard drive and to only put files in the DLC folder that you want to play in any particular session. The downside is of course that you'll have to select the songs you want to play beforehand and you have to sort them on your hard drive (which is advisable anyway).

I havent used this myself yet, simply removed all the cdlc that I wont be playing for a while into a different folder and kept my favourites where they should be (in the normal place).

But anyway...

Custom Game Toolkit - Game Saves Gigbox

and 

Tutorial 6

I think will help you out.  :)

That wouldn't work for me. I need to be able to randomly access all of my cdlc library.

In fairness I have about 2500 tracks in mine so far and while there is a loading period it is not outrageous. A ssd did the trick.

Yeah agreed, I want to access my whole library. It would be more annoying to move my customs in and out of the dlc folder every time.

This is how I have my psarc files laid out in subfolders:

http://i58.tinypic.com/10ifqlk.png

Since you have an SSD drive too, what load time do you have?

Always check and use -> The latest Toolkit builds

To disable dynamic difficulty and not get the 100% accuracy bug don't use the override to max option, but instead disable DD and set sight reading level to Max. With this configuration the 100% bug does not surface.

Since you have an SSD drive too, what load time do you have?

Weirdly enough it can vary from time to time. When I'm streaming people request tracks I don't have so I go off and grab them then load them into the game. Sometimes the track is already loaded by the time I've scrolled through the list to get to it. Other times I might have to wait upwards of 30 secs or more. It's never been really bad though. 

Always taking requests <-- My twitch page.

• Administrator

I'm not sure there's a lot of things we can do on our side, if the way it was dev isn't made to be fast, it won't go fast...

The game wasn't made to get that much songs in the first place and with 600 songs (number of official songs) it still is fast enough to not be problematic.

As much as this can be a pain for many reason you can't do much to lower that loading time except putting less dlc in the dlc folder.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I don't know if you're still having an issue with this anymore, but it seems like with a recent steam update about a week ago I no longer have to wait nearly as long for the songs to finish enumerating. I have 1928 songs and although they do continue to populate when I go into learn a song after loading up, the wait time is drastically reduced from before. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like the enumerating playlist finishes faster when I load up the game and start playing a song. Once I get past the tuning check I have to wait about 5 to 10 seconds for the song to load but after that it's all good. I know Dan talked about this issue being fixed on the xbox one so it seems like they taken this into consideration for everyone who plays.

use  cozy1 tool... https://sites.google...1cgi/tutorial-4  Sync tool

My save was about 5500 kb after it was about 4000 kb. So it cleaned off almost 30% in my case

Minimizing save file give just little bit speed, but doing it make game works better also otherwise (no save crashes that will occur some day) 

If you really want speed...minimize dlc folder. With this tool you can actually make separate saves.

For example sync "main save" with 1000 song and then sync it rest (if you have for example 2000 songs).

So, then you have 2 smaller saves, 2 packs of songs, those separate packs with small separate saves will enumarate almost instantly.

Though you can play only songs in dlc folder, changing packs and saves will not take 2 minutes. So its still faster. (and you have not do change every time, only times u want play songs in different pack)

My estimate is that every 1000 song takes about 1 minute with ssd drive (after about 600 song that enumarates instantly)

My enumarate time is over 10 minutes...you can only guess/calculate number of songs, and i do have ssd, and i do remove songs i will not play :lol: But i'm too lazy to make sync for each pack.  Though did sync and it really solved save crash... and its real issue with big saves.

Keep only songs that you play in dlc folder, keep save minimized/working.

• Like 1

5k songs 3'44 min (HDD) from RS Start to full load.

Usually i use the Win key :

http://content.gcflearnfree.org/topics/229/start_keyboard_windows_key.jpg

to "lower" RS, it continue Loading all the songs in Background & i can do anything else (Forums etc.. who don't need Audio).

Come back to see if it's finished by putting your mouse on the RS icon on Taskbar; then the RS windows and play the game.

I do the same at every played song to thanks every Charters.

It doesn't accelerate the process but your "time feeling" is way shorter.

• Like 1